CraftGuide-BTW

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Uristqwerty

CraftGuide-BTW

Post by Uristqwerty »

Originally created for my personal use, this is a build of the ModLoader version of CraftGuide, that includes the additional ability to display many, if not all, of BTW's crafting types.

Current build, for Minecraft 1.4.2/BTW 4.31 (probably works fine with any later build, but I haven't taken the time to ensure that the recipes are completely accurate yet), is available here.

Some of the recipes are read from lists (cauldron and crucible recipes, for example), but others had to be (partially) hardcoded, so might become out of date with later updates. There is no guarantee that it will continue to work with later versions of BTW or Minecraft, or provide a complete and accurate list of recipes when some are added or removed.
Last edited by Uristqwerty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
HighMongrel

Re: CraftGuide-BTW

Post by HighMongrel »

Thanks, looks like it's working great. I'm sure quite a few people will find this useful, though you may want to fix your link.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Wow, you've done a great job! There was a mod like that some time ago back in 1.2.5 but it was no longer supported. Thanks!
(a small thing still: there are some stoked cauldron recipes but no unstoked cauldron recipes. bug?)
Toyi

Post by Toyi »

Thanks a lot for sharing this Uristqwerty! I though you won't update the modloader version of your mod, and now you come with a nice BTW compatible one, really appreciated.

Could you please elaborate which kind of recipes are hardcoded? just to keep an eye on them if they change.
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
Uristqwerty

Post by Uristqwerty »

The turntable, hopper, and saw recipes are entirely hardcoded and will not change to match BTW if BTW adds or removes any. The kiln is somewhat hardcoded, where end stone and pottery have to be a special case, because they operate slightly differently, but the basic ones can be discovered automatically.

Cauldron, kiln, crucible, and anvil recipes should match any changes, unless any special cases are added later or the underlying system is reorganized.
chai

Post by chai »

Been trying this out; I definitely appreciate the mod! It works very well and is a big help with all the recipes I haven't bothered to memorize. Thanks for the great work!
Uristqwerty

Post by Uristqwerty »

As of CraftGuide 1.6.3, BTW recipe functionality is included by default in the main builds (though I forgot to include that addition in the changelog at the time), so this topic is no longer necessary and therefore will no longer be updated.

Though the links here have been directly to the file, the main set of download links in the MCF topic go through adf.ly, but, if you don't like adf.ly or just don't feel like taking the time to go through it, I've been maintaining a set of links at the end of that post which uses bitly instead (equivalent to a direct link, but it keeps track of how many people click it).
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Uristqwerty wrote:As of CraftGuide 1.6.3, BTW recipe functionality is included by default in the main builds
I feel like I'm a bit late in saying this, but I wanted to say thanks a ton for doing this.

I've used CraftGuide since someone made BTW plug-ins for it back in 1.2.5 and BTW 3.72, and I love having the recipe organization in-game instead of having to go to the Wiki if I forget.

Also, especially with all of the hooplah about BTW being incompatible with everything, I thank you profusely for taking the time to make your mod compatible with this one for our the users benefit. Many props for that.