[4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.88][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Ser

Post by FlowerChild »

...and, it appears to be back up and running. Do I know why? No. But it is :)
Rob

Re: [4.891][Fuzzy Bunnies - Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Se

Post by Rob »

It feels almost like cheating on a spouse to ask for whitelisting on a second server.. But what she don't know won't hurt her. :-P

May I selfishly request a whitelist? I admit I don't know batto or FC personally. But Im a gentleman, and always reach around. It's the gentlemanly thing to do. Lots of love. Xoxoxoxo ;-)

Edit: I will also try my very best to build aesthetically pleasing phalluses(phalli?) to compliment any and all cobblestone monstrosities I see.

Edit2: Also, because I'm half a tard and forgot to post it. IGN: Alexkrupski I hope giving my IGN doesn't make me sound presumptuous, I understand the request is rejected until proven otherwise in the court of Fuzzy Bunnies.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Behold: My not-particularly-secret project is complete!
Spoiler
Show
For those of you keeping track at home, that is a total of 205 blocks of concentrated hellfire, and 80 nether quartz blocks.

In the process of creating these blocks of hellfire, I produced about a chestful of soul urns as a byproduct. If anyone would be interested in trading soul urns for vine traps or something, let me know :P.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Briali, I noticed you deleted the post about your stuff going missing. For my own peace of mind, did you sort it out? I saw that right before going to bed last night.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

FlowerChild wrote:Briali, I noticed you deleted the post about your stuff going missing. For my own peace of mind, did you sort it out? I saw that right before going to bed last night.

Yup, that was sorted out via PM. All is good now :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Awesome, and very glad to hear it :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Briali wrote:Behold: My not-particularly-secret project is complete!
Spoiler
Show
For those of you keeping track at home, that is a total of 205 blocks of concentrated hellfire, and 80 nether quartz blocks.

In the process of creating these blocks of hellfire, I produced about a chestful of soul urns as a byproduct. If anyone would be interested in trading soul urns for vine traps or something, let me know :P.
You really should set those on fire, it would look awesome...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

jorgebonafe wrote: You really should set those on fire, it would look awesome...
I do kind of want to do that, but given that it's built into the side of my mobtrap I'm worried that I'd accidentally set fire to all my vine traps. At 360 per floor, I really don't want to risk destroying them.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

It shouldn't ignite through walls, as it will not travel very far horizontally, it is vertically that had insane reach (5 our do blocks vs i think only adjacent buck blocks)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I actually haven't had a chance to get on this server in a LONG time. The last time I got on there was **nothing** built at spawn so I dug myself a little hole in in a hill and a small room there. I set out to mining and ended up at the bottom of the world with a good amount of resources, I left a chest in my dirt room at the surface with a some nice resources from my first trip.

Wait a few months

I decide to join the server again, I do some mining (with my stack of 20 pork!) and I finally head up to the surface.

I break out the top of my dirt hole and see.... whitestone.

What?

I dig around and notice an entire base and complex had been built on the surface by battosay! With my little dirt hovel one block below his saw room. Hilarious :)
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

Mason11987 wrote: *snip*
It was good to see you on today man, server has been pretty lonely :(

In other news, I've got a series of community projects that I'd like to work on, the first of which I started today:
Spoiler
Show
Eventually I'd like to build a bunch of these at various key points around the server (one near spawn, the nether fortress, etc.) but that is more of a long term goal as I obtain more wither skulls.

Speaking of wither skulls, let's discuss some of the other things I'd like to do, long term.

In between work on my own base, I have five main projects that I plan to work on.
  • The Obsidian Beacon project
  • An End farm - for silk touch scrolls and XP
  • A Silverfish farm in the end
  • A nether farm for wither skeleton skulls and other fortress mob drops
  • A road network of some sort around the HC Spawn area, to facilitate easy returns after respawning
If anyone else would like to help tackle these projects or contribute materials, let me know. I'd love it if the server was more active, It gets lonely with noone around :P
SterlingRed

Re: [4.89112][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by SterlingRed »

I never did find the time to make some adjustments to my base defining what could be used for the community. I'm not giving everything out since it is possible I may find time to play again, especially if I get some rolling layoff.

1) mob grinder. My base features a rather large mob grinder (the big squarish building). Access is a staircase on the east side that goes underground. Xp and anything in the collection hoppers is fair game. Leave the chest contents alone.
2) Vine trap farm. There's a large automated vine trap farm east of my base along the river, access is a staircase on the south side leading to a collection hopper. Take whatever you need.
3) Brown mushroom farm. Near the vine farm is a tower with water streams flowing down the corners and pistons and Redstone visible from the exterior. This is an automated brown mushroom farm. I think I tied it into a day/night detector to auto harvest, but if not there's a lever in the collection room that can be switched on to harvest and off when you're done. Entrance is through an iron door on the east side. Anything in the hoppers can be taken.
4). Any manual farms are fair game as long as you replant.
5). The nether. A nether portal under my base (stairs in the middle go down) leads to my base in the nether. There's a long tunnel out to quartz land you can use for whatever. To the left of the tunnel entrance is a ladder from bedrock to ceiling. It's essentially an unfinished tower of multiple floors of resources. There's some farms, feel free to harvest and replant. You can also cut down the blood wood trees as long as there's at least a couple saplings to regrow.
6) Feel free to use anvils, crucibles, and cauldrons as long as you only remove what's yours.
7) There's a shack out near the wither disaster area, anything there is fair game except for the chest with my name on it, there may also be a chest with cyclones name you should leave alone too unless he says otherwise. The shack has a fair amount of cobble and dirt.
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Briali wrote:If anyone else would like to help tackle these projects or contribute materials, let me know. I'd love it if the server was more active, It gets lonely with noone around :P
I may be able to help with some of these projects in a couple of days when I have proper computer/internet access. In particular I'd be interested in constructing an enderman grinder, since I quite enjoy the lovely whiteness of their drops.

As for the silverfish grinder, I'd be interested in whether anyone has successfully made one yet. The last one I tried to make failed miserably, but perhaps others have had more success.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

DNoved1 wrote: I may be able to help with some of these projects in a couple of days when I have proper computer/internet access.
That'd be awesome man.
DNoved1 wrote: In particular I'd be interested in constructing an enderman grinder, since I quite enjoy the lovely whiteness of their drops.
In that case, I'll probably start working on the nether mob farm today. I have or can get just about everything needed for an enderman grinder, except gold. Hopefully I can build it up large enough to get decent rates :)
DNoved1 wrote: As for the silverfish grinder, I'd be interested in whether anyone has successfully made one yet. The last one I tried to make failed miserably, but perhaps others have had more success.
Yeah, I still don't really know enough about how they work in the end to actually design one, but I'll learn :P

Hours later, Edit:

And now for my apparently daily activity log. Having decided that we need a proper nether mob farm for gold & stuff, I've started construction:
Spoiler
Show
actually, I guess started is the wrong word. I've built the killing and collection area, and the trap currently has a grand total of 6 functioning spawning spaces. As soon as I have more iron I'll expand it, and I believe it should work well enough. If anyone wants to donate materials, we can definitely work out a trade of some sort and I will love you forever :)

Tomorrow I'll probably start building a walkway out into the middle of nowhere in the end in preparation for trap building. That and expand my mob farm, I really need more iron :P
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

I have been playing skyrim lately so haven't played much btw, and on this server I have a grand total of 5 iron ingots, but I would love to donate labor if I decide to go on and someone else is there. Other than that, I have nothing to donate. If you leave materials where you want these projects and directions, I will gladly help.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Ethazeriel

Post by Ethazeriel »

weldaSB wrote:I have been playing skyrim lately so haven't played much btw, and on this server I have a grand total of 5 iron ingots, but I would love to donate labor if I decide to go on and someone else is there. Other than that, I have nothing to donate. If you leave materials where you want these projects and directions, I will gladly help.
If I catch you online I can tell you what needs doing. The main things at the moment are expanding the nether farm to make it actually useful, and the end farm. I can give you more detailed instructions if we're both online.

For my (apparently) daily update today, I have two screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
with the help of Dnoved, we started work on two things: a slime farm for protection scrolls and slime, and the enderman farm. It doesn't look like much at the moment, but I'm confident that we'll have a very nice source of white stone and silk touch scrolls in the very near future :)
DNoved1

Post by DNoved1 »

Thought I'd post some pictures of the nearly completed endermen trap Briali and I have been working on.
Overview
Show
The Towers
Show
Auto-Kiln
Show
Sorting System
Show
Pretty much the only thing left now is to set up a xp collection system, as everything else is done.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

That is super impressive, man. Bonus points for meaningful sign titles.
Better is the enemy of Good
SterlingRed

Re: [4.891123][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by SterlingRed »

Had a few spare minutes. Spammed my base with some signs and made where to go for loot collection in my mob trap more clear. Looks like my cows survived the nether effect. The chickens and wolves though...
-J-

Re: [4.891123][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by -J- »

I know I'm somewhat green and not that well known around the forums, but this server does sound very appealing. Could I possibly be whitelisted? My IGN is Jonesybojo.

Whatever your decision may be, thank you in advance.
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity."
Ethazeriel

Re: [4.8942][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by Ethazeriel »

Just wanted to share this:
Spoiler
Show
It's my first time working through hardcore sheep, and I've been trying for about a week now to get something blue. Feels good man :)

The other thing I've been working on is a nether farm:
Spoiler
Show
It's pretty small at the moment, but I'm expanding it as I get gold. If anyone wants to use it (or contribute to construction) you can find it by following the long road next to my nether portal. Be warned, however: there is a significant amount of groth in the area, so SFS gear is recommended :)
tom_savage

Re: [4.89666][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by tom_savage »

I've been gone for...a...really long time. But my friend started playing BTW again recently, and decided to check out our base on the server, to see if it was still there. It was. You guys rock. This made my night:
Spoiler
Show
WildThyme

Re: [4.899999][Whitelist] BTW Official Co-Op Server

Post by WildThyme »

Hi, I'd like to be whitelisted on this server.

My in game alias is as follows: WildThyme
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Looks like you server-join spammed the wrong thread.
WildThyme2

Post by WildThyme2 »

I hardly think that requesting to join three servers constitutes server spamming.

Moreover, I'm not even able to log in on my previously made account to state this; I actually had to create another? (Your link seems to be dead for contacting the board administrator)

I have no idea how active this mod is, having just been introduced to it through a friend from TerraFirmaCraft. Taking a glance at the forums, I concluded it was similar to TFC, wherein servers often appeared and disappeared. Putting your name out there is a standard approach to playing on such servers; I apologize if I offended you in any way.

With that said, I would still like to join this server. Please feel free to message me.