Spoilers for 4.3 explosives

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
muggsbud

Spoilers for 4.3 explosives

Post by muggsbud »

alright guys, I'm stuck in the end trying to pick up after an explosion knocked off my spectacles; resulting in a rather thorough ass rape with no reach-around.

So; how do we make the new explody stuffs, and what will go wrong with that. as implied here:
FlowerChild wrote:
Ferrus.Manus wrote: I also love how intuitive recipes for Blasting Oil and Dynamite are, I figured those pretty much instantly.
You may not be so happy you did shortly ;)
anyone know?
Azdoine

Re: Spoilers for 4.3 explosives

Post by Azdoine »

I believe it's
Spoiler
Show
1 tallow and 1 hellfire dust=2 blasting oil
in the
Spoiler
Show
stewing pot
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Yep, and dynamite is
Paper | Fuse
Paper | Blasting Oil
Paper | Saw Dust
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

is there not any hidden features other than that?
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Spoiler
Show
HC buckets doesn't function in the endrealm, water works like it used to
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

ok, i was expecting that when i saw the change. I figured it would make sense given the end's mystical properties and the fact that endermen hate it gives it great use there. but like it says in the op, FC posted that 'you may not be so happy you [figured that out] shortly' - was he just trolling?
htothetml

Post by htothetml »

I love how nearly everything is put in spoilers in the spoiler thread. And I don't think he was trolling. He also said that there were more mistakes people could make now. Perhaps its one where it has to be unstoked or it will explode. Or perhaps if you have to much blasting oil it will explode?
FlowerChild wrote:A witch! A witch! Buuurrrrrn her!
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Well in terms of mistakes, I suspect stoking the cauldron when making blasting oil could be interesting. Haven't had a chance to test that yet though.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Nitroglycerin is extremely unstable and can explode form any stronger physical shock or heat, and since BtW blasting oil (though IRL "blasting oil" was mix of gunpowder and nitroglycerin sold by Nobel before invention of dynamite) is based if it so there's definitely lot of potential ways for thing to go very, very wrong. I did make several 4 stacks of blasting oil and everything is fine so far though.

EDIT: Heh, reading wiki about it it seems we have almost everything in BtW to make gelignite
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

try jumping off a cliff with some in your inventory. Maybe it'll go boom? like creepers from 1.4?
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

did you try tossing some of it into an open flame? Or did you try lighting yourself on fire while holding it? Or even jumping into the nether with the stuff? Might be nothing, might be boomboomkaboom too. :P
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Did some testing and you are both correct actually. Taking ANY damage (even poison tick) while having blasting oil in inventory will cause it to explode.
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

holy shit... i didn't expect it to work...

GO FC!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

muggsbud wrote:holy shit... i didn't expect it to work...

GO FC!
Hehe...thanks. Being a base-class modding maniac has its privileges ;)
Six

Post by Six »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Did some testing and you are both correct actually. Taking ANY damage (even poison tick) while having blasting oil in inventory will cause it to explode.
Amazing. So many hilarious possibilities.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Holy crap!

Careful dropping blasting oil!
finite8

Post by finite8 »

OMG... evil trap idea
Spoiler
Show
Your enemy enters your base and has trigger your "silent" alarm. They must now travel down a long ladder to your base.

Up top, you dispense blasting oil. It gets automatically collected into their inventory. They may not notice the "pop" noise. Then all you need to do is apply a little bit of damage. Crush, 1 arrow, remove ladders, anything and foom! Your opponent self destructs.

*evil grin*
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Even better, carry some with you in anarchy play and people will stop trying to slap you with an axe after you blow up in their face a few times.
Better is the enemy of Good
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

DaveYanakov wrote:Even better, carry some with you in anarchy play and people will stop trying to slap you with an axe after you blow up in their face a few times.
And then random skeleton shoots you. Or you slightly miscalculate jump. Or any other case you may take damage.

I wonder if this will work with zombies being able to pick items in 1.4, and if it will there could be some hilarious results.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Still worth it because it's funny and you don't normally take damage while working in your own base.
Six

Post by Six »

Main problem with that tactic is if the person that finds you is smart, and uses a bow. Then it is just hilarious for them.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Also - Blasting Oil in item form explodes if it gets dropped from more than few meters, touches fire or is caught in another explosion.
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSHARK!

Post by PizzaSHARK! »

DaveYanakov wrote:Even better, carry some with you in anarchy play and people will stop trying to slap you with an axe after you blow up in their face a few times.
Call yourself Jihad Joe. It even ends up being pronounced the same as the old cartoon's "Gee-eye Jooooooooe!"

Damn, that'd actually be pretty fun. You'd be like a more aggressive, intelligent, persistent creeper.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

PizzaSHARK! wrote: <potentially inflammatory comment>
Can we please not go here?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

He won't. Discussing politics is grounds for an insta-ban. Being a bigot is doubly so.