New Release! (BTW V4.22)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
walker_boh_65

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.22)

Post by walker_boh_65 »

And you said you were done with the Hardcore changes for a while, still not such why I believed you.

Thanks for the update FC, sounds like I am going to blow up half my world testing this one. :)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Great job. Looking forward to trying everything out.

EDIT: Oh wow that was a spoiler sorry.
Ozziie

Post by Ozziie »

Yet more ingenious ways to flesh out Minecraft with balance and finesse.

Thanks FC :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

I love explosives. Not IRL, obviously. And it's much more fun and interesting (and, well, safe) in a game anyway ! COME HERE VILLAGERS !!

Thanks for the update FC ! Even though its number is a "simple" incrementation, it seems we still have a lot to play with. In a word : awesome !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

The new decorative blocks are beautiful FC ;) <3.
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

For a seemingly small release there sure is a lot of new stuff to play with.

Thanks for the update FC, I have much testing to do now :)
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hardcore explosives?? W00t! *crosses fingers for bigger booms*

:D
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

White stone = The marble we have always wanted! :D

Thanks!
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

Amazing FC I love this and you, now to go explode everything! (My this I mean continue clearing huge areas underground)
abzu93

Post by abzu93 »

I was just wondering what I'm going to do next with my build and now you've completely answered that question. Hell yeah I'm going to blow shit up!

Thank you for your dedication to this project, and of course, more awesome toys!
BTW Independence Sig
Spoiler
Show
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

I've been having a lot of fun figuring out the new features of this release (white cobble looks pretty cool btw), but I have one question. Is it intentional that the ender spectacles no longer show where mobs can spawn in the End? They still work in the overworld, but they don't show particles in dark places in the End, when they used to do so, and I didn't see anything in the changelog about this. I would have put this in Bug Reports, but I'm not sure if it's a bug.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:I've been having a lot of fun figuring out the new features of this release (white cobble looks pretty cool btw), but I have one question. Is it intentional that the ender spectacles no longer show where mobs can spawn in the End? They still work in the overworld, but they don't show particles in dark places in the End, when they used to do so, and I didn't see anything in the changelog about this. I would have put this in Bug Reports, but I'm not sure if it's a bug.
It's not a bug, and it was actually a bug that it was showing anything to begin with. Mob spawns (i.e. Endermen) in the End are NOT dependent on light-levels. They can spawn wherever there is space, and that applies to the Nether as well.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:
It's not a bug, and it was actually a bug that it was showing anything to begin with. Mob spawns (i.e. Endermen) in the End are NOT dependent on light-levels. They can spawn wherever there is space, and that applies to the Nether as well.
Really? I've covered most of the End in my world in torches, because no Endermen have been spawning where I lit it up; instead spawning only in the places I haven't yet lit with torches. I can give you some screenshots if necessary. The only reason I brought this up in the first place was because Enderman spawns in the End seemed to be affected by light level, making the spectacles useful there. If you see their spawning in the End being restricted by light level as a vanilla bug, I would have no problem with that being fixed.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote: Really? I've covered most of the End in my world in torches, because no Endermen have been spawning where I lit it up; instead spawning only in the places I haven't yet lit with torches. I can give you some screenshots if necessary. The only reason I brought this up in the first place was because Enderman spawns in the End seemed to be affected by light level, making the spectacles useful there. If you see their spawning in the End being restricted by light level as a vanilla bug, I would have no problem with that being fixed.
My entire Enderman trap is lit up man, and it's functioning just fine. I really doubt this is the case.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:

My entire Enderman trap is lit up man, and it's functioning just fine. I really doubt this is the case.
Nope, endermen still need dark spots to spawn. They can teleport into lit areas, but will never spawn there.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: Nope, endermen still need dark spots to spawn. They can teleport into lit areas, but will never spawn there.
Ok, I'll take a look at all this then. It goes contrary to my own experiences with the game, but if multiple people are saying that it's the case, then I'll at least verify to make sure.

EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the overworld or the end with the above? Yes, I know they can only spawn in darkness in the overworld, but we're talking specifically about the end here.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I can confirm that Enderman won't spawn in lit areas in the End, only in the dark spots.
And I'm 100% sure because I was like 300blocks away from the Endstone Island, building my Enderman farm. As long as there was no torch, it was full of Enderman, but after, not a single one spawned.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

I'm really looking forward to people using up their stashed gunpowder on JadedCat. Makes overworld constructions far more worth while since you don't really want to waste TNT tearing it down now.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote: EDIT: Wait, are you talking about the overworld or the end with the above? Yes, I know they can only spawn in darkness in the overworld, but we're talking specifically about the end here.
Definitely the end.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Mr_Hosed wrote:I'm really looking forward to people using up their stashed gunpowder on JadedCat. Makes overworld constructions far more worth while since you don't really want to waste TNT tearing it down now.
Actually, I think TNT might get more usage, seeing as it's now completely renewable.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Azdoine wrote:
Mr_Hosed wrote:I'm really looking forward to people using up their stashed gunpowder on JadedCat. Makes overworld constructions far more worth while since you don't really want to waste TNT tearing it down now.
Actually, I think TNT might get more usage, seeing as it's now completely renewable.
Maybe in a general way, but you're still using a but an assload of resources go into it now.

The best thing is that people who like their TNT will work for it. The people like me, who like shiny white rocks, get TNT as an added bonus.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Mr_Hosed wrote:I'm really looking forward to people using up their stashed gunpowder on JadedCat.
You are looking forward to people blowing me up ... *blinks*
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:I can confirm that Enderman won't spawn in lit areas in the End, only in the dark spots.
And I'm 100% sure because I was like 300blocks away from the Endstone Island, building my Enderman farm. As long as there was no torch, it was full of Enderman, but after, not a single one spawned.
Yikes. Ok, I think my Enderman farm is about to get a massive output boost then once I remove all those torches :)

Damn, I generally don't make these kinds of assumptions, but since the ambient light-level is so high in the End, I think I always assumed that lighting didn't make a bit of difference.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Tnt was renewable before. Cobble genrator + mining charges.
Sarelth

Post by Sarelth »

Loving the Hardcore Explosives so far. I always thought it was annoying that TnT was obtainable so easily in game. Making us have to work for it is great IMO. I also love the barrels, by themselves they can make for interesting aesthetic pieces in a village build.

Great work Flowerchild, you keep me interested in a game that is otherwise going downhill. Thanks. :)
CycloneSP wrote:The sun! it burns!!! Oh wait, that is just the aura of awesomeness coming off of FC. <puts on shades> Ah, much better.