New Release! (BTW V4.21)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Marasambala

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.21)

Post by Marasambala »

Thanks FC! I can't wait to see the Endermen in action.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I wouldn't be surprised if Enderman start building Phallic towers around my base soon ;)
As always, thanks for the release bro :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I think the endermen not greifing the terrain is my favorite part about this :)

Once again, well done FC. I applaud you on your genius!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys. Releases like this are a bit rough, as this one required a ton of work (Hardcore Spawn in particular was a bitch due to the large number of contingency cases I had to cover), but the features, for the most part, are rather subtle and not of the "OMG! WOOT!" variety ;)
Rianaru wrote:I think the endermen not greifing the terrain is my favorite part about this :)
Well, that's what finally caused me to lose it about them and decide to do something about it, so yeah, that's kinda the basis of the whole thing ;)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome guys. Releases like this are a bit rough, as this one required a ton of work (Hardcore Spawn in particular was a bitch due to the large number of contingency cases I had to cover), but the features, for the most part, are rather subtle and not of the "OMG! WOOT!" variety ;)
Rianaru wrote:I think the endermen not greifing the terrain is my favorite part about this :)
Well, that's what finally caused me to lose it about them and decide to do something about it, so yeah, that's kinda the basis of the whole thing ;)
I'll say it. OMG WOOT!

After requesting you make that change to endermen griefing I knew you'd come up with an interesting way to handle it. This is perfect and exactly what I was hoping for. So yeah

OMG WOOT!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome guys. Releases like this are a bit rough, as this one required a ton of work (Hardcore Spawn in particular was a bitch due to the large number of contingency cases I had to cover), but the features, for the most part, are rather subtle and not of the "OMG! WOOT!" variety ;)
I say "OMG! WOOT!" all the time whenever I notice the care you put into your craft. The subtlety makes it all the better. You truly have a piece of gaming art here. :)
gazelutza

Post by gazelutza »

thx for the update FC!!!! btw why u dont work for mojang?:D u have to work for them :D
finite8

Post by finite8 »

FlowerChild wrote:... but the features, for the most part, are rather subtle and not of the "OMG! WOOT!" variety ;)
The big obvious features make for an easy sell, but the subtle little things you put in show that you are either completely obsessed and don't sleep, or really put your whole self and heart into this project of yours.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

finite8 wrote:...or really put your whole self and heart into this project of yours.
Hehe...yeah, I definitely do. As I've mentioned before, making games has always been the dominant aspect of my life. I fought against that for a long time in the latter stages of my career, as it was also making me miserable (in that form), but now that I've learned to differentiate between that passion and doing it as a job, nothing provides me with greater pleasure than working on this mod.

It's just what I do man, and who I am. Learning to embrace that fully was a huge life lesson for me and marked the end of an incredibly tumultuous period within my life in which I had no idea what the hell to do with myself anymore (if you have any doubts, winding up hating what you love most about life sucks major donkey balls).

So yeah, despite me being incredibly obsessive about it, which can be unhealthy in many aspects of life, the work I put into this actually does me a world of good.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Wow, another release, another set of great hardcore features! Can't wait to try them out!
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Skins are actually important now! This one was completely useless before.
Spoiler
Show
Better is the enemy of Good
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

FlowerChild wrote: (if you have any doubts, winding up hating what you love most about life sucks major donkey balls).
Spoiler
Show
Hardcore spawn, as well as removing the names, I think will really bring the game to a new level in anarchy play. I'm predicting less death an mayhem as people realize dying is too inconvenient to risk. And I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of the map. :)
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

TheAnarchitect wrote: I'm predicting less death an mayhem as people realize dying is too inconvenient to risk. And I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of the map. :)
Or that it's far more satisfying to inflict on others, and that hardcore names will make it easier to sew the seeds of dissent amongst a group of players by creating doubt over who is a friend and who is an enemy. Either way :)

But yes, I do agree that fewer deaths will likely result, if not for any reason other than it being much harder for players to continue a fight after one dies.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

DaveYanakov wrote:Skins are actually important now! This one was completely useless before.
Spoiler
Show
:O
I have now realized this makes espionage and infiltration possible like never before.

it will also be fun to see the confusion which arises from steve, zombie, or zombie pigman skins :P
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Thank you for this release FC, as always!
Those endermen are getting pretty scary now....
DaveYanakov wrote:Skins are actually important now! This one was completely useless before.
Spoiler
Show
And texture packs as well :D