[Friendly][Whitelist][4.54]Arx - Dead again.

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Detritus

[Friendly][Whitelist][4.54]Arx - Dead again.

Post by Detritus »

The server is open once again! New details, new map, new new new! We're still using Exodus Hosting, but the IP has changed, and we have a new map! All formerly whitelisted players have been removed, and I would ask for you to request a whitelist again if you still wish to play. You still need to fill out the old form to join.
Detritus wrote: IGN:
What I can contribute to the community:
Current whitelist:

Code: Select all

sgt_detritus
charlespeterf
Valoshian
deteor
All hardcore modes are enabled except for HCSpawn.

IP Address: 198.15.78.114:47388

Old Details:
Spoiler
Show
Detritus wrote:Hello all,
I finally got bored of not having the control I wanted over the BTW servers I play on, so I've started up a small (very small) semi-private server.

Details:
We're hosted with Exodus Hosting, a really good-value server hosting group. We have a limit of 4 players, which is 256 MB of RAM. We are in out second month of operation.

This is intended to be a small server, with people that I know personally, or feel that I can trust. So, we have a whitelist in place, to hold off the great unwashed hordes who would like to play with us. I'm sure you're great people, but we have very limited space.
I am going to place fairly stringent rules on the applications for the server.

Whitelist as it stands:
People listed below are either personal friends, or are people who have applied to the server in some way, whether through IRC or this thread.

deteor
glacian_princess
dandrago
salfrom
i3atwaffl3s
clockworkhearts
yoomommaa
sgt_detritus
valoshian
lead_jester
_galbatorix_
peach774
minecraft4455
aminecraftdude
thyrllann
zaikantos
Server Address
108.170.17.10:25567

Application Format:

IGN:
Forums Name:
What I can contribute to the community:
The bit about contributing to the community is perhaps the most important part of the app; why do we want you, specifically, filling up one of the limited slots? This can be almost anything, but it needs to be convincing. Also, we will not accept anyone who has not been on the forums for at least a week, and I will look at someone's post history before adding.

Explanation of the Name:
Okay, so a while back (sometime mid last year) I attempted to host a server on my old machine, for a few friends to play on. Needless to say, this was not a success, and so we moved to an empty box in a friend's house. The friend's Dad was a tech person, knew his way around port forwarding, and was all for our plan.
We set our new server up underneath a desk in his study, and Lo! our server was born. At the start, we didn't name our server; we didn't need to, as it was only 3 or so of us playing on it. After some time, we reset the map, and christened the server Arxcraft, after a mage tower that I built somewhere in the distance. We set our entire server up around this tower, and used magic plugins, and all kinds of crazy stuff.
After some time, there was a disaster with tnt, and our much-loved world was deemed unusable. We went through a series of worlds after this, until 1.8, where we were hit by a horrendous grief attack.
We introduced a whitelist, and the server was safe once again. But after this, the server went downhill, having long outages, until we gave up. The machine we were hosting on was simply not good enough.
Early this year, I bought hosting-space with Kerplunc Gaming, and Arx was reborn. This did not last long, however, because I decided it was a waste of money, because no-one was playing on it.
So, that's a history of Arxcraft, and explains why I named this server in the way I have.
Finally, I got tired of the limited control I had over other BTW servers, and started this one. It is a very cheap thing to maintain, and Exodus have very good support.
[/quote]
Last edited by Detritus on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 21 times in total.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
yoomommaa

Re: [Friendly][Whitelist]Better than Arx

Post by yoomommaa »

IGN: YooMommaa
Forums Name: YooMommaa
What I can contribute to the community: Fun with my company building great things! And lots and lots of chatting :)
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

You are added, check your inbox :)
What times will you be on? I live in Australia, and so often I will be on at different times to you if you are from the Northern Hemisphere.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Updated OP to show the current whitelist.
Detritus

Re: [Friendly][Whitelist][4.21]Better than Arx

Post by Detritus »

Server updated to 4.21.
Slightly disappointed in the lack of interest...
DanDrago

Post by DanDrago »

IGN: Dan_Drago
Forums Name: DanDrago
What I can contribute to the community: just another... err... flying castle, maybe?
ElectronicRU

Post by ElectronicRU »

Hello, I'd like to join.
My in-game nick, as my forum name is, ElectronicRU.
I can contribute screenshot-worthy building and (possibly) nontrivial technical inventions.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

You have both been whitelisted, I will PM you with the server IP.
Due to the sudden and unexpected (but appreciated) rush, the limit on whitelisted members has been removed.
Iodinium

Post by Iodinium »

IGN: Zaikantos
Forums Name: Iodinium
What I can contribute to the community: Lots of chatfun, can play a lot, and ehh- building things

Question - which of the optional hardcore modes are on?
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Iodinium wrote:IGN: Zaikantos
What I can contribute to the community: Lots of chatfun, can play a lot, and ehh- building things

Hm, I thought I recognized your IGN, and I did. There's a user named Zaikantos, but that forum account doesn't look like it was banned for any of it's last posts. Just coincidence? Lol
Iodinium

Post by Iodinium »

BinoAl wrote:

Hm, I thought I recognized your IGN, and I did. There's a user named Zaikantos, but that forum account doesn't look like it was banned for any of it's last posts. Just coincidence? Lol
Not a coincidence. I forgot the password... And couldn't figure out what mail address I used...

Happy someone recognizes the name.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

All hardcore modes are enabled, except for Hardcore Spawn. We are using the default config.
Also, whitelisting you now.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Iodinium wrote: Not a coincidence. I forgot the password... And couldn't figure out what mail address I used...

Happy someone recognizes the name.
Haha, well sorry to point out such an embarassing incident ;)
Detritus

Re: [Friendly][Whitelist][4.22]Better than Arx

Post by Detritus »

Now running BTW 4.22
Peach774

Post by Peach774 »

IGN: Peach774
Forums Name: Peach774
What I can contribute to the community: I have a large knowledge of redstone and its worlings and have been playing BTW for quite a while. I belive i can simplify and create amazing redstone contraptions/automation systems.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

@Peach774
You are whitelisted, check your inbox.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

ElectronicRU has been removed from whitelist, due to forums ban. Please correct me if I am wrong.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Detritus wrote:ElectronicRU has been removed from whitelist, due to forums ban. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I unbanned him.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Okay, thanks Flower.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Nm...I rebanned him.

I really need to remember to just go with my gut on these things and not question myself about it. Sorry for the confusion.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

'tis all good.
Thyrllann

Re: [Friendly][Whitelist][4.30]Better than Arx

Post by Thyrllann »

IGN: Thyrllann
Forum Name: Thyrllann
What I can contribute: I can build pretty good-looking structures to house machinery, and I am pretty good for automation (though I do still need to figure out how to automate breeding), as well as intelligent conversation ;)
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
LaserSushi

Post by LaserSushi »

IGN: Lead_jester
Forums Name:LaserSushi
What I can contribute to the community: I enjoy and am adept at building railways, good looking landmarks and tunnels.

I also know how to work with most contraptions and automation.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

LaserSushi and Thryllan, I will whitelist you ASAP.
The server IP is as follows:
108.170.17.10:25567

Also, server is updated to 4.31
Detritus

Re: [Friendly][Whitelist][Easy Mode][HCB][4.33]Better than A

Post by Detritus »

Updated to 4.33