May I suggest a blacklist thread?

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

May I suggest a blacklist thread?

Post by FlowerChild »

I don't have the spare time to maintain it myself, but I was thinking that a thread to list out players that have been banned from servers for various reasons would be extremely useful to other server ops.

We have a lot of people just registering to spam the various server threads with their IGN these days, and if someone could step up to help keep track of them, I think the overall community would benefit from it.
bmanfoley

Re: May I suggest a blacklist thread?

Post by bmanfoley »

I'm on the forums quite often, and while I don't post much due to timidity, I'd be willing to take the responsibility of the upkeep of such a thread if anyone would like. By the way, thanks for taking the time to make this subforum and move the server threads, FC.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

bmanfoley wrote:By the way, thanks for taking the time to make this subforum and move the server threads, FC.
No problem. The timing seemed right.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

In this thread or a new thread?
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jadedcat wrote:In this thread or a new thread?
I'd say a new thread so that the OP can maintain the list.
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

yeah i have the time to keep up something like this. unless anyone wants to take it up i could do it.
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
M!C

Post by M!C »

I'd do this if you want a turtle taking care of it. The reasons I gave the News thread away are gone by now since I'm out of school.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

May I suggesting making long-standing server operators a new class? With administrative powers over this subforum or the future blacklist thread only if that's possible. It'd make keeping the list easier.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Thought i'd post this here instead of creating a new thread.

Would creating an "application" thread be of any benefit to server operators? What I mean is generating a sole place where people can post applications for the servers they wish to play on along with a little more information about themselves. The aim intended is to prevent these applications from cluttering up the server threads to allow them to be used for server communications of problems and plans etc. and to have a single place where server owners wishing to recruit more people can check for possible applicants. This could well be a waste of time and not worth the effort but it was just an idea that came to mind that may help people running servers.