DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.31] [Mature] [Military Minded]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
DocHussey

Re: [24/7] DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS [BETTER THAN WOLVES 4

Post by DocHussey »

Thanks! It's great to be here with like minded people.
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Updated title postcard, and made some minor edits.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Reset Redrew and flattened his land for not playing in over a week and a half.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Added sections for "Housing Ordinance" and "Conflict Resolution" to the OP.
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

Incomitatum wrote:Added sections for "Housing Ordinance" and "Conflict Resolution" to the OP.
Looking for a way to Like, or +, or up vote this post. Looks like we don't have that functionality.

It's crazy to bitch/gossip about the Admin, or even other players; they likely will learn of it, and might even get to see screen shots.
A random remark now and then will be overlooked. Full-on bitch-session tantrums will not. If something bothers you say so, maybe an adjustment will be made, maybe not.
If you can't abide the policies, rules, or actions of Admin... then vote with your feet.

Note: If there's something you want to discuss with me, and can't reach me in game chat, you can find me on G+.
Incomitatum

Re: DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.21] [Mature] [Military Min

Post by Incomitatum »

Upgraded server from 4.16 to 4.21.

Updated Post Title.

Changed Jar Name with host: this should mean they allocate more ram for us.

This update makes Endermen... different. It also engages Hardcore Beds/Spawn.

I ALMOST left "Hardcore Names" on, but chose not to. We will see each other's names as normal, for now.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Right, I'm impressed, so here we go.

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes, yes I have.
• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? About a half an hour, give or take.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Upstate New York
• How old are you? 30
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? N/A
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? Ribky
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Nowadays, not a whole lot else. Occasionally some Skyrim or Borderlands.
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Explorer
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Pretty much daily.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Usually on weeknights, weekends depend on if I'm travelling or intoxicated.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Lots of BTW experience, and I'm laid back as can be.
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? Not too much server experience honestly, other than the anarchy servers and one vanilla server long ago, which used to do weekly events (treasure hunts, CTM monument style tasks, etc.)
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Air Force. Senior Airman. Osan AB, Songtan, Republic of Korea.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Ribky

That's a nice looking App.

I have to run some errands. I hope to be on later, then we'll conduct your interview.

-Incomitatum
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I'll be available pretty much all night, just hit me up on the IRC and I'll hop on :)
The spice must flow...

WLLP

Post by WLLP »

Sir_Squ application.

Hello I hope this is where these go the instructions are a little vague, anyways heres me:

• Have you READ everything before this?

I have read everything above the application part and some below

• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?

I had a full tour and chatted a bit with the players I am not sure exacly how long be it was around a half hour I guess but I'm a bad judge of time.

• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?

Southern Maine (USA)

• How old are you?

17 (yes really, April 20th 1995)

• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?

I dont have one yet, but I will be patchint and wait till some one want to sponsor me.

• What gender do you wish to be know by?

Male

• What is your Minecraft Username?

Sir_Squ

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?

Civ, tf2, just start STO

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?

Building if I had to choose.
I like to make redstone stuff and solve problems etc.

• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?

Probaly on the weekends when I am not to swapmed with work.

• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?

I tend to play most in the late afternoon

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?

I seemed to get along alright on my tour.

• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?

There were some cool mini-games on one sever that I like but I mostly played SSP

• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?

Obviously I haven't served but I have given it some serious thought. Ultimately I have recently come to the realization that I don't think I have what I take physically to cut it in the Military. But I still wish to serve my country perhaps in the R&D department as I said before I like solving problems and build machines. It is ironic that I should chance upon this military minded server when I am have to grapple with this choice of how to best serve because I do feel the need, the calling. Perhaps talking to the vets could help me choose. I only have a couple in my area and they seemed to have a bad experience recommending other. Anyways after that longwinded tangent. No I have not serve in the Us Military (yet?)

edit: sorry I was so long winded at the end here the more the better right?
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

The is the only BTW forum thread I've been following, so I have a question for anyone who's reading beyond this Dogs Of The State post.

The question: Is there any news as to when the forums will be open to new registrations again?
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

AngelWDH

You were supposed to return to the holding area before logging off the server. Sorry, but you've been placed on the ban list. You will be removed from the list after your application has been accepted.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

danw3st wrote:AngelWDH

You were supposed to return to the holding area before logging off the server. Sorry, but you've been placed on the ban list. You will be removed from the list after your application has been accepted.
Angel's a decent guy in my experience. He is having some internet issues lately and may not have disconnected on purpose if it helps at all dan.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

In hindsight, I can see why you've done that and it won't really affect me as I plan to apply soon anyway, but I just re-read through the OP to check and there is no warning about this. Similarly, I don't remember seeing anything about this once on the server (I could be mistaken, though - I may have missed something or gotten distracted by the quality of the server!)

I'll be back with a full application when I have time and a bit closer to getting a proper internet connection. Thanks for the tour today, it was great seeing what you guys had accomplished.

(Jade, thanks ^_^ I appreciate it!)
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

AngelWithDirtyHands wrote:In hindsight, I can see why you've done that and it won't really affect me as I plan to apply soon anyway, but I just re-read through the OP to check and there is no warning about this. Similarly, I don't remember seeing anything about this once on the server (I could be mistaken, though - I may have missed something or gotten distracted by the quality of the server!)

I'll be back with a full application when I have time and a bit closer to getting a proper internet connection. Thanks for the tour today, it was great seeing what you guys had accomplished.

(Jade, thanks ^_^ I appreciate it!)
Angel... there is something about it in the holding area, I may have let you out before you had a chance to read it.
It's a security issue, we ask visitors to log out in the holding area, to assure they cannot log in with access to... mischief.

When you are ready, internet issues resolved, we'll take you off the list and proceed with the application process.

Get the word to us here on the forum or via Jaded or Doc. Thanks for understanding.
Londubh

Post by Londubh »

Incomitatum wrote:If you say no (for whatever reason) you will be laughed at and drowned in lava for not following directions.
Man, now I'm going to have to find some coords for an overworld lava pool, because that consequence is too awesome not to follow through with.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Letting you all know that I HAVE seen that 4.22 is out. And we will probably adopt it sometime Monday evening at the latest.

Hell, I may as well do it now. Server down for a bit.

Patched and back up! :D
Ribky

Re: DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.22] [Mature] [Military Min

Post by Ribky »

awesome :D i'll be on tomorrow when i get back from out of state.
The spice must flow...

DaDodsworth

Post by DaDodsworth »

Might not be on for the rest of the week, got a couple deadlines coming up and I just got DayZ so any free time I have will be spent on that.
Skwirral

Post by Skwirral »

• Have you READ everything before this?
Aye

• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom?
About 15 minutes, give or take.

• Where are you from?
Alabama

• How old are you?

n/a

• What gender do you wish to be know by?
Male

• What is your Minecraft Username?
Skweekchan

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
Mostly Borderlands 2 at the moment, and a little Dwarf Fortress

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft?
Is "Experimenter" a valid role? I like to build mechanisms and figure out ways to do neat things. Other than that I like a blend of exploring and digging.

• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
Three or four times a week, at least, for a couple hours at a time at least.

• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
Usually I pull late-night hours, from 7-midnight, give or take a couple hours.

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
I am all sorts of creative, and I enjoy helping people and making awesome stuff. Plus I have a neat skin, and I'm very well-versed in BTW mechanics.
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

Skwirral wrote: • What is your Minecraft Username?
Skweekchan
Please welcome Skweekchan, our newest player.

And Sir_Squ has been advanced from squire to player status.

Welcome Aboard both of you.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Hi!

Have you READ everything before this? Nearly everything - everything in the original post.
• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? 15mins was given a tour by Danw3st
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Perth - Western Australia
• How old are you? 35
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male by wish and by anatomy
• What is your Minecraft Username? sleekjazz
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? none except angrybirds, I love BTW MC
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Farmer, builder, explorer and digger all of those really, you have to be self-sufficient
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? on weekends mainly so 2-3 a week
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Perth +8 GMT so usually start on a Sat morn for a few hours then in the arvo and then again sunday arvo
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? easy to get on with, not a trouble maker, just want to play BTW MC
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? not sure - maybe Ender chests for trading things among players - maybe these are already used ???
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Army reserves in Combat Engineers - Sapper, Canberra.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Hi This is a post for p00f1sh, having trouble registering another account on the BTW forum site

Have you READ everything before this? Yes
• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? about 15 mins
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Perth Western Australia
• How old are you? 11 turning 12 in December
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? sleekjazz
• What gender do you wish to be know by? male
• What is your Minecraft Username? p00f1sh
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? cobalt, happywheels, zelda
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Builder
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? Most of the time that I play minecraft
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Weekends
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? Because I enjoy playing with others, and I am not a mean person
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? public breeding farms for animals and villagers
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? n/a
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

sleekjazz wrote:Hi!

Have you READ everything before this? Nearly everything - everything in the original post.
• How long have you spent looking around The Kingdom? 15mins was given a tour by Danw3st
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Perth - Western Australia
• How old are you? 35
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male by wish and by anatomy
• What is your Minecraft Username? sleekjazz
We can proceed with the application process in your case, Incomitatum or myself can give you an interview, passing that you will be given probationary player status.

p00f1sh is another story, we don't usually allow teenagers, much less pre-teens; and we cannot accept applications posted on another players btw account. (We are aware, and regret, that the btw forum is not currently allowing new accounts)

However, we may be able to accommodate you.

We do have a sponsor/squire system working while new account registration is blocked. You've stated that the two of you play as a team, logging on together the great majority of the time, so consider this: First you should play on our server for a while to determine if the adult nature of the language and subject matter is suitable for your son. You could then take him on as a 'squire' for a while, and if he is accepted as a player, serve as a permanent sponsor.

If that is agreeable to you and your son then I look forward to seeing you online.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Sounds good, will be a bit busy for the next few weeks, but will be on after that, thanks verymuch for the greylisting!
Sleekjazz