[Closed] It takes a Village [World Download]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Marasambala

Re: [4.21] [Friendly] It takes a Village

Post by Marasambala »

bwyw wrote:IGN: smirks

goal: I'm horrible at designing pretty builds, but I love automating. Would help with some of the more esoteric farms (slimes, endermen) and provide resources for the designers!
There's a factory city just getting started, so that would be a good place to find your place :)

added
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Marasambala wrote:
bwyw wrote:IGN: smirks

goal: I'm horrible at designing pretty builds, but I love automating. Would help with some of the more esoteric farms (slimes, endermen) and provide resources for the designers!
There's a factory city just getting started, so that would be a good place to find your place :)

added
Actually, I started it this morning, with some help from Balavac ;)
The location is south of the mountain range that bordered the original position, so there's no chance of it overpowering spawn. I can show anyone where it is (IGN: Euphanized09) and Balavac and thegreatrandomo know where it is. Right now the biggest job is terraforming, but after that well be getting some basic farms and infrastructure going :) Probably in a couple of days, but sooner if we can get people to help out flattening the land.
And mara, I just want to make sure, the material in the mines is for public use right? I haven't taken anything yet, but I'm going to need huge amounts of redstone soon. On a related note, are you ok with releasing the groth on the nether? I wanted to get an efficient pigman farm going, but I didn't want to release it unless I got your approval, since it tends to cover everything. I was planning an expedition to look for mycelium this weekend, but I'll cancel it if you don't want the groth.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Ingame name: sky_demon
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Well mainly i would like to hang out from time to time in some sort of BTW server, but if needed i can help collect resources for projects, and also i could do some interior or exterior designing.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Rianaru wrote:And mara, I just want to make sure, the material in the mines is for public use right?
Right, so far we have had minimal problems with stuff getting repurposed. Almost all the regulars produce more stuff than they use and it gets left in the mines or ends up in community storage.
Rianaru wrote:I wanted to get an efficient pigman farm going, but I didn't want to release it unless I got your approval, since it tends to cover everything. I was planning an expedition to look for mycelium this weekend, but I'll cancel it if you don't want the groth.
I want to see the groth, I think it'll be fun to make sure we keep it contained.
I don't see the pigman farm being an issue once I get the server upgraded (tonight or tomorrow.)
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

sky_demon wrote:Ingame name: sky_demon
... mainly i would like to hang out from time to time in some sort of BTW server, but if needed i can help collect resources for projects, and also i could do some interior or exterior designing.
Looks like you'll fit right in.
See you soon :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Marasambala wrote:
Rianaru wrote:And mara, I just want to make sure, the material in the mines is for public use right?
Right, so far we have had minimal problems with stuff getting repurposed. Almost all the regulars produce more stuff than they use and it gets left in the mines or ends up in community storage.
Rianaru wrote:I wanted to get an efficient pigman farm going, but I didn't want to release it unless I got your approval, since it tends to cover everything. I was planning an expedition to look for mycelium this weekend, but I'll cancel it if you don't want the groth.
I want to see the groth, I think it'll be fun to make sure we keep it contained.
I don't see the pigman farm being an issue once I get the server upgraded (tonight or tomorrow.)
I mostly just wanted some of the redstone in there, but I was planning the pigman farm so that we wouldn't have to worry about it anyways. I'll see if we can get some people together and make a wall or something to contain the groth before its released. I don't want the nether to be unplayable, but a high-efficiency source of gold will make life so much easier :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

There is a double chest+ of Redstone in the moontown storage that Industrytown is welcome to. I'm sure I will replace it with future mining.

If someone does find a mushroom biome please stock some mycelium in the community storage :) I will probably go back to exploring again soon so will keep an eye out.

Villagers are loose in Moontown so if you visit make sure to keep the wood gates closed to keep them from escaping or getting into the deeper cave areas :)
There is also a pretty epic infernal enchanter under the city now. More of a tourist attraction, but perhaps people will put it to use. Scroll donations accepted.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

The server will be offline for several hours while I transfer to a new host.
Marasambala

Re: [4.21] [Friendly] It takes a Village {NEW IP}

Post by Marasambala »

The server is in limbo.

New IP will be:
91.121.219.208:28506
Last edited by Marasambala on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Marasambala wrote:The server is available, again, at a new IP

It Takes a [BTW] Village (4.21)
IP: 91.121.219.208:28506
Thats pretty nice man, but as i know usualy hosts cost a bit. Or not? :"D
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I've run into some issues (user malfunction,) and the server will be down for a while.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Erm.
The server's back up...
...with the wrong map :(
Edit: aaaaand BTW isn't installed :(
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

The great randomo wrote:Erm.
The server's back up...

Yeah, it'll be a while before I get it all straightened out. Sorry for the delay.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Marasambala wrote:
The server's back up...

Yeah, it'll be a while before I get it all straightened out. Sorry for the delay.
No problem. I just logged on and had a horrible moment when I thought something had gone badly wrong ;)
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Sorry for my curiosity, but how long it would take to set everything back into places? :P Just asking, no problem for me.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

The great randomo wrote:
Marasambala wrote:
The server's back up...

No problem. I just logged on and had a horrible moment when I thought something had gone badly wrong ;)
Something did go badly wrong ;) But is fixable. Plan B is just taking a lot longer than plan A.
sky_demon wrote:Sorry for my curiosity, but how long it would take to set everything back into places? :P Just asking, no problem for me.
I'll post a pretty firm estimate in 4 hours.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

No worries man ;) Take your time :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I have a creative test-world up, now, if you guys want to goof off while the real world uploads.
Marasambala

Re: [4.22] [Friendly] It takes a Village {NEW IP}

Post by Marasambala »

The 4-hour update, scheduled for 2 hours from now, will tell you the server has been back to normal at the new IP for 2 hours.

Have fun.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Any particular texture pack needed in this server? Because as i know when you design houses or anything else it looks differently in each texture pack.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Several of us use vanilla, I don't know about others, I thinks its a pretty mixed bag.
Balavac

Post by Balavac »

Battosay's mix is the best imo
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

I use a customized version of Misa's Realistic and nothing looks out of place. I kind of like the idea that builds will look different to different people.
Peach774

Post by Peach774 »

Ingame name: Peach774
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I want to build a fast transport sytem for items and people.
What would you like to see included? I would love if Hardcore spawn was on as it provides some interseting gameplay.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

Whitelist Application
Ingame name:
sleekjazz
Goal for your initial contribution to the city:
Iam Here to help, what do you want? work work
What would you like to see included?
Bridges and roads and lighting and houses and minetracks and you know whatever