[Closed] It takes a Village [World Download]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Marasambala

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village (PROJECT for Tonigh

Post by Marasambala »

SkpFreak wrote:marasambala i just want to make sure youre okay with me giving out your server ip in the tech support thread before go ask for help with my connection problem
It's fine, it's public knowledge anyway. Just curious, can you see other servers?
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
aeper

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village

Post by aeper »

Batto is going to visit :O i must prepare more signs...
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Well, we've expanded the mine a bit more, minecart loop and all that.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
SkpFreak

Post by SkpFreak »

yes other servers work fine its just yours, it acts just like the ip is wrong but i have double and triple checked it.

and i know the ip is public knowledge i just want to make sure its okay with you cause i mean it is your server and im just like a guest.

P.S. sorry if things are spelled wrong i was on a mobile when i typed this.
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

I added a donation chest for the rail network inside the new town post office (nice idea :) and threw in a couple stacks of Iron. I also dumped a bunch of cobble into the town bank for the mob trap project.

I think as well as group mining it would be interesting to have a group tree cutting event. maybe strip and replant the hillsides and have a hearty stock of lumber? I've designated different areas of my tree farm corner (just north west of town) for different types of trees (I still need jungle tree saplings).

Any other group projects needing support/donations?
Can we maybe get a community SFS production going to get people geared up? I would be happy to help collect materials for that rather then everyone build separate systems.
caiman123

Post by caiman123 »

Ingame name: cman100
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I want to build a soul urn factory, animal farm, and a Hardcore Redneck Autofisher.
Offer up any idea for the server: Give players individual plots, Help me get rid of my thought of "start new world, get bored because i dont have steel, cheat, feal bad because I cheated, delete world"
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

caiman123 wrote:Ingame name: cman100
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I want to build a soul urn factory, animal farm, and a Hardcore Redneck Autofisher.
Offer up any idea for the server: Give players individual plots, Help me get rid of my thought of "start new world, get bored because i dont have steel, cheat, feal bad because I cheated, delete world"
We have the basic, manual/semi-auto stuff going, but nobody has taken on the autofisher :) This one won't be restarting.

added
Glace1221

Post by Glace1221 »

Ingame name: Jamarcel

Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I like the sounds of building and gathering resources! I'm no expert builder, but I don't build basic, plain and ugly-looking square wooden houses, either. I'm also interested in trying to help with the mechanical things.

Offer up any idea for the server: I can't think of any at the moment.
Marasambala

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village (Updated OP)

Post by Marasambala »

Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Glace1221 wrote:Ingame name: Jamarcel

Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I like the sounds of building and gathering resources! I'm no expert builder, but I don't build basic, plain and ugly-looking square wooden houses, either. I'm also interested in trying to help with the mechanical things.

Offer up any idea for the server: I can't think of any at the moment.
Join in the fun, there's space for a house just outside the walls.
Jamarcel, you have been added.
aeper

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village (Updated OP; New Pi

Post by aeper »

Update maybe...
-Aeper
Marasambala

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village (Updated OP; New Pi

Post by Marasambala »

aeper wrote:Update maybe...
-Aeper
This evening, absolutely. Keeping the new defaults.
Marasambala

Re: [4.20] [Friendly] It takes a Village (Updated OP; New Pi

Post by Marasambala »

Updated to 4.20
Aduis1210

Post by Aduis1210 »

------------------------------------
ING:Aduis1210

Hello there
first off i am very resourceful at making farms ether automatic or manuel.
i have a very good understanding of minecraft alltho still elarning better than wolves(need a tutor xD).

What to add:I dont really know without looking but i am willing to put alot of effort into making the server into a great place :).

i can contibute Hard work and dedication into any task set before me as well as a cheery atitude and love for gaming.

Thanks guys looking forward to your responce :)

Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Aduis1210 wrote:------------------------------------
ING:Aduis1210

Hello there
first off i am very resourceful at making farms ether automatic or manuel.
i have a very good understanding of minecraft alltho still elarning better than wolves(need a tutor xD).

What to add:I dont really know without looking but i am willing to put alot of effort into making the server into a great place :).

i can contibute Hard work and dedication into any task set before me as well as a cheery atitude and love for gaming.

Thanks guys looking forward to your responce :)

Thanks for your thoughtful response. There are several us working on basic BTW tech, nothing too out there. Also there are some focused primarily on aesthetic builds. I can't wait to see what you contribute.

added
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Hey, so I'd like a whitelist if you don't mind and have room :)

Ingame name: Euphanized09 (yes, the first E is supposed to be capitalized)
Goal for your initial contribution to the city:
Set aside an area for a quarry and get a chunk out of the earth for a few dozen double chests of stone. If everyone puts in a few hours, then no one will ever have to worry about cobble again. I can also build nearly any high-efficiency automatic farm. I suppose if the server doesn't need any high-efficiency farms I could make a factory building that takes an entire resource from start to finish with a minecart track going out for any by-products.

I suppose all in all, I spend tons of time watching TV and doing boring manual digging(tunnels, quarries, etc) and I'm pretty good with redstone and BTW blocks, so I could be useful in a few capacities.

What would you like to see included?
Perhaps different districts/cities for different types of machines? I think it would be kind of cool if we had the possibility of a minecart system taking resources from different districts or settlements to be processed in different ways.
Example: have a farming settlement. Produces dung, meat, tallow, leather, tanned leather, various plant products, etc. and sends them to other settlements via minecart to be stored/used. Another settlement could be based around sorting and processing mob trap output, another based around SFS, and so on and so forth. Perhaps spawn could be the central crafting and transportation hub or something.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

Ingame name: rockninja
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: statue of the great testifacate king.
What would you like to see included?: suicide booths a water park!
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Rianaru wrote:Hey, so I'd like a whitelist if you don't mind and have room :)

Ingame name: Euphanized09 (yes, the first E is supposed to be capitalized)
Goal for your initial contribution to the city:
Set aside an area for a quarry and get a chunk out of the earth for a few dozen double chests of stone. If everyone puts in a few hours, then no one will ever have to worry about cobble again. I can also build nearly any high-efficiency automatic farm. I suppose if the server doesn't need any high-efficiency farms I could make a factory building that takes an entire resource from start to finish with a minecart track going out for any by-products.

I suppose all in all, I spend tons of time watching TV and doing boring manual digging(tunnels, quarries, etc) and I'm pretty good with redstone and BTW blocks, so I could be useful in a few capacities.

What would you like to see included?
Perhaps different districts/cities for different types of machines? I think it would be kind of cool if we had the possibility of a minecart system taking resources from different districts or settlements to be processed in different ways.
Example: have a farming settlement. Produces dung, meat, tallow, leather, tanned leather, various plant products, etc. and sends them to other settlements via minecart to be stored/used. Another settlement could be based around sorting and processing mob trap output, another based around SFS, and so on and so forth. Perhaps spawn could be the central crafting and transportation hub or something.
I've started a aesthetic quarry, that produces a lot of stone, of course. It would be great to keep that one going.
I like the big picture, I've got some serious planning to do to keep up with you guys. I would love you to help make this happen.

added
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I may not be able to be one more than a couple of hours this week(theres a huge gig that I've been preparing to do for a while this weekend), but I'll definitely be on as much as I can afterwards :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
rockninja

Post by rockninja »

and i suppose i'm not going to be whitelisted for some reason? or did you just not see my post? :c
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

rockninja wrote:Ingame name: rockninja
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: statue of the great testifacate king.
What would you like to see included?: suicide booths a water park!
Based on your application, I don't think this server is the best fit for you.
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

To anyone who knows where the jungle biome is, can they please mark a path to it? Several of us would like to go there.

For anyone looking for things to do:

"moontown"(?) is maybe 90% mob spawn secure and has a basic perimeter carved out. Some folks have already contributed very nice work (thanks!). It could use some basic walls and fortifications/watch towers where the roads meet barriers. The town also needs small (6x8 or less) houses for villagers and players. So if you feel like building something small any help would be welcome.

For larger projects there is a road to the shore that is in need of a nice dock for a fishing and boating district (and more housing).

We have a waterwheel and windmill now so probably don't need any more power. I'd rather send power lines underground and keep any high tech stuff hidden to keep the town looking close to medieval. Maybe keep the larger buildings/houses/automations closer to spawn town for aesthetics and to allow growth.

Also if you do make something (anywhere on the server) be sure to sign it so we know. I've been exploring other people's works and there is some I don't know who did it.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

All right.

Sp4c3p1r4t3 was never supposed to be my online name. I never had any intent to play multiplayer, and when I found out my standard handle was taken, i just went with something I'd remember quickly.

Now that I've kinda got an online persona and rep to maintain, I went ahead and got a new account with a name I'm happier having other people associate with me.

With that in mind, my new IGN is Anarquixote. I'd like to be re-whitelisted with that name. You can take Sp4cep1r4t3 off the list.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

TheAnarchitect wrote:All right.

Sp4c3p1r4t3 was never supposed to be my online name. I never had any intent to play multiplayer, and when I found out my standard handle was taken, i just went with something I'd remember quickly.

Now that I've kinda got an online persona and rep to maintain, I went ahead and got a new account with a name I'm happier having other people associate with me.

With that in mind, my new IGN is Anarquixote. I'd like to be re-whitelisted with that name. You can take Sp4cep1r4t3 off the list.
The Anarchitect formerly known as Sp4cep1r4t3, has been added as Anarquixote.
Marasambala

Re: [4.20] [Friendly] It takes a Village

Post by Marasambala »

I'll be out of touch all weeked; I'm taking the family camping. I assume FC will put out another release. If so, it will have to wait until Sunday night before I can update the server. World backups are covered should something go awry.

Have fun!