[Closed] It takes a Village [World Download]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
moonracer

Re: [4.22] [Friendly] It takes a Village {NEW IP}

Post by moonracer »

If anyone is online can you please break the portal in the nether that goes to moontown? I'm stuck in it with some odd jumping bug that wont let me move or use any key commands. I will unbreak the portal when I get on and it works. Thanks!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

moonracer wrote:If anyone is online can you please break the portal in the nether that goes to moontown? I'm stuck in it with some odd jumping bug that wont let me move or use any key commands. I will unbreak the portal when I get on and it works. Thanks!
Dude...forum rules clearly state "no politics". Please change your avatar when you get back from vacation.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Peach774 wrote:Ingame name: Peach774
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: I want to build a fast transport sytem for items and people.
What would you like to see included? I would love if Hardcore spawn was on as it provides some interseting gameplay.
It looks like rails are a popular project, here :)
I would love to use hardcore spawn, too. Unfortunately, most of the potential respawn locations are water, so what's left is actually pretty close to initial spawn.
sleekjazz wrote:Whitelist Application
Ingame name:
sleekjazz
Goal for your initial contribution to the city:
Iam Here to help, what do you want? work work
What would you like to see included?
Bridges and roads and lighting and houses and minetracks and you know whatever
You guys seem to be interested in the community aspect.
You are both welcome.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

moonracer wrote:If anyone is online can you please break the portal in the nether that goes to moontown? I'm stuck in it with some odd jumping bug that wont let me move or use any key commands. I will unbreak the portal when I get on and it works. Thanks!
Moon, I've broken the portal.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Strange. It seems i cant find any villagers.. So i dont even know where is that village that we have to expand.. :/
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

sky_demon wrote:Strange. It seems i cant find any villagers.. So i dont even know where is that village that we have to expand.. :/
There is a rail station to 'Moontown' nearest the hills. We set the villagers loose for the first time a couple of days ago, I'm not sure what the survival/breeding rate has been.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

TLDR:
I'm stuck with a bandwith throttle for the forseeable future, which makes MC(BTW) SMP unplayable for me.
This sorta screws with the whole point of me supporting a server.
The server is covered for the next 4 weeks.
After that...
Option 1: Someone take on hosting.
Option 2: Accept donations and I'll keep supporting with the administrative stuff.
Option 3: other creative solution?

The rest of the story:
As you actives have probably been aware, my current ISP has a throttle on my internet service and has rendered MC(BTW) SMP unplayable for me. I live in a particularly rural area and don't have another practical option. I haven't really been able to play in almost 2 weeks. I haven't even played SSP, because I've been committed to our little corner of the MC world.

When I started this server, I was fully committed and can afford to continue hosting indefinitely. I'm thrilled with the community we've built, and you guys have justified playing SMP for me. The villager-friendly town is coming along great, the BTW factory has broken ground, and everyone has respected and supported each other from the very beginning. I'm very conflicted and feel pretty bad about this situation, but I just can't justify financially supporting this project when I can no longer participate.

The current host service is $10 a month, and is paid through the next 4 weeks. The server could probably still get away with a smaller service for a few dollars less. My hope is that my internet situation will be resolved before too long and that someone will be willing to take on or support this until I can return. It would only take a dollar or two each to keep this going for a long time.
Please chat about it on the server, and PM me with any thoughts or discussion.

This is certainly something I never expected.
I'll leave the issue on the table for a week or so before I try to make any decision.
My apologies,

-Mara
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Marasambala wrote:TLDR:
I'm stuck with a bandwith throttle for the forseeable future, which makes MC(BTW) SMP unplayable for me.
This sorta screws with the whole point of me supporting a server.
The server is covered for the next 4 weeks.
After that...
Option 1: Someone take on hosting.
Option 2: Accept donations and I'll keep supporting with the administrative stuff.
Option 3: other creative solution?

The rest of the story:
As you actives have probably been aware, my current ISP has a throttle on my internet service and has rendered MC(BTW) SMP unplayable for me. I live in a particularly rural area and don't have another practical option. I haven't really been able to play in almost 2 weeks. I haven't even played SSP, because I've been committed to our little corner of the MC world.

When I started this server, I was fully committed and can afford to continue hosting indefinitely. I'm thrilled with the community we've built, and you guys have justified playing SMP for me. The villager-friendly town is coming along great, the BTW factory has broken ground, and everyone has respected and supported each other from the very beginning. I'm very conflicted and feel pretty bad about this situation, but I just can't justify financially supporting this project when I can no longer participate.

The current host service is $10 a month, and is paid through the next 4 weeks. The server could probably still get away with a smaller service for a few dollars less. My hope is that my internet situation will be resolved before too long and that someone will be willing to take on or support this until I can return. It would only take a dollar or two each to keep this going for a long time.
Please chat about it on the server, and PM me with any thoughts or discussion.

This is certainly something I never expected.
I'll leave the issue on the table for a week or so before I try to make any decision.
My apologies,

-Mara
Even though I'm not too active on the server right now, I'd be glad to donate and keep it up longer. It's the least I could do :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

BinoAl wrote: Even though I'm not too active on the server right now, I'd be glad to donate and keep it up longer. It's the least I could do :)
I'm glad you think it's worth saving. I appreciate that.
I'll wait to see what others want to do before I put up a donation button.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Marasambala wrote:
BinoAl wrote: Even though I'm not too active on the server right now, I'd be glad to donate and keep it up longer. It's the least I could do :)
I'm glad you think it's worth saving. I appreciate that.
I'll wait to see what others want to do before I put up a donation button.
I would be completely willing to put in a few dollars on a regular basis :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Well im not being often in server but i think that $10 is not a lot at all :)) We can really get them going every month i think. No probs for me i think i can support server too :) More people donating less donation needed from each. I hope with those upcoming 4weeks i can figure out my bank account because i just came to england like few weeks ago so... it takes shii loads of time here to do stuff... lazy bastards... But anyways i have my home country bank card so as i said no probs :D
Marasambala wrote:
sky_demon wrote:Strange. It seems i cant find any villagers.. So i dont even know where is that village that we have to expand.. :/
There is a rail station to 'Moontown' nearest the hills. We set the villagers loose for the first time a couple of days ago, I'm not sure what the survival/breeding rate has been.
Ya i saw that town. Looks kinda cool, and now im living there. But as you said survival/breeding rate is pretty low because i guess someone slayed them so we have now only one lonely scientist :D
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Rianaru wrote: I would be completely willing to put in a few dollars on a regular basis :)
sky_demon wrote: Well im not being often in server but i think that $10 is not a lot at all :)) We can really get them going every month i think. No probs for me i think i can support server too :)
You guys are awesome!
StarsintheSky

Post by StarsintheSky »

I'd donate. Community is important and supporting it is important.
IGN: Beschaulichkeit
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Moonracer said on server that he would donate too :)) I'm saying this because he is temp banned here for politic avatar ^_^
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Updated to 4.30

edit: I've toggled FC's server debug(?) option, it fixed my lag problem, but let me know if it causes any other unexpected behavior.
blackking11

Re: [4.30] [Friendly] It takes a Village

Post by blackking11 »

I whoud like to join this server.
My BTW experience is a little bit but my vanilla skils and help of my friend aradanwen (who is already on the server) wil make up for that.
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

I spent a couple days hunting in the wrong area (doh!) and finally found a stronghold. It is very close to the portal just after moontown (west from spawn). I know we haven't been actively on all at once but was thinking of making a group effort to the end? I put a sign asking people to wait until we decided here. So what do people think? collect some eyes and in a week or so set a time and date to get together and kill a dragon?
LaserSushi

Post by LaserSushi »

Does anyone want one more to join? I tend to like working on public works/
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

moonracer wrote:I spent a couple days hunting in the wrong area (doh!) and finally found a stronghold. It is very close to the portal just after moontown (west from spawn). I know we haven't been actively on all at once but was thinking of making a group effort to the end? I put a sign asking people to wait until we decided here. So what do people think? collect some eyes and in a week or so set a time and date to get together and kill a dragon?
I like the sound of that. Time to gear up!
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

moonracer wrote:I spent a couple days hunting in the wrong area (doh!) and finally found a stronghold. It is very close to the portal just after moontown (west from spawn). I know we haven't been actively on all at once but was thinking of making a group effort to the end? I put a sign asking people to wait until we decided here. So what do people think? collect some eyes and in a week or so set a time and date to get together and kill a dragon?
maybe its way too long but could we wait until friday?
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Or saturday? I can't play until then.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Sounds pretty good but I don't have time :/ even if I would I would join at the time when no one is on server :P I never truly defited ender dragon :D only when I was running around with nano saber and one dude ;D
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I think a group raid of the End is a great idea! I'm good for either Friday or Saturday.

...almost forgot... The villagers are finally successfully cloning.
blackking11 wrote:I whoud like to join this server.
My BTW experience is a little bit but my vanilla skils and help of my friend aradanwen (who is already on the server) wil make up for that.
Excellent, the long awaited "Friend of Arad." I'm glad you could make it. (IGN: blackking11?)
...and Sushi(Lead_jester)

Both added...
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I won't be able to be on enough for this, but if someone wants to put some clay through the urn maker in the soulforge basement, we could get a few sets of full SFS for the fight with the ender dragon if whoever owns the chicken farm is willing to give up some feathers for padding.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Guy on MCF wants in, and can't register due to it being closed.

Will let you deal with it as you see fit :)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/253 ... ry18895677