Embirrim's Server: Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
pofs

Re: [4.35]Embirrim's Server: Where Mob heads are plenty

Post by pofs »

IGN: pofs

hi, I am looking for a server so i can experience what this mod is like with other people playing with me. If you add me to the whitelist i greatly appreciate it.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

pofs wrote:IGN: pofs

hi, I am looking for a server so i can experience what this mod is like with other people playing with me. If you add me to the whitelist i greatly appreciate it.
I'll whitelist you, but I will try to be on the server when you join so I can get to know you better. 3 posts is not a lot.
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

Sorry I haven't been on recently. I have had family problems going on the past couple weeks. Don't expect too much activity from me.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Detaction wrote:Sorry I haven't been on recently. I have had family problems going on the past couple weeks. Don't expect too much activity from me.
No problem man, it's ok.

Updated to MC 1.4.5 and BTW 4.36.
embirrim

Re: [4.37]Embirrim's Server: Where Mob heads are plenty

Post by embirrim »

Yay for Lightning Rods. BTW 4.37, here we go.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Just tried to log in (way past due) and the server says that I'm not currently whitelisted. I just want to double check that you have my IGN correct.

Euphanized09

The capital E is meant to be there. That seems to be the most common issue I've experienced with whitelist errors.

And I have a whole free day today, so as soon as class is over, design and implementation of the oversized wood factory shall commence!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:Just tried to log in (way past due) and the server says that I'm not currently whitelisted. I just want to double check that you have my IGN correct.

Euphanized09

The capital E is meant to be there. That seems to be the most common issue I've experienced with whitelist errors.

And I have a whole free day today, so as soon as class is over, design and implementation of the oversized wood factory shall commence!
Ah, I may have added that wrong then =). Re-added, unfortunately won't be on today.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

BTW, is there a specific spot that you want the wood factory? Not sure if you wanted it in a particular spot for an automated transport/storage system or something or wanted a particular area to be left open or something.

A short while later:

Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm still getting a 'You are not whitelisted' error when I try to log on to the server :( Any chance you could triple check the whitelist?
I couldn't repeat the error, so if I actually am on the whitelist(I'm assuming that you did it correctly, but maybe it just takes a while to update?) then I don't know what's going on.

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:I'm still getting a 'You are not whitelisted' error when I try to log on to the server :( Any chance you could triple check the whitelist?
I couldn't repeat the error, so if I actually am on the whitelist(I'm assuming that you did it correctly, but maybe it just takes a while to update?) then I don't know what's going on.
Hm. The server log says that you try to log in with euphanized09, without the capital E. I've added both to the whitelist just in case, and I'll restart the server.
As for the location, you can choose it yourself, but the best place would be around the mob trap, on one of the 2 sides that doesn't have anything yet. Just path out from wherever you want. The idea is to have the base concentrated around the mob trap (sort of) so that it is spawning at all possible times.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

That's really strange. I've made sure about a dozen times that my IGN is capitalized, but in any case, it worked :)

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Hooray for a new video in the OP. Too tired today to update to 4.38 or whatever it is now. Take a look at the video if you're interested in learning about the soul urn making process, or if you want to use it on the server and don't know where to input stuff.

Rianaru, I did say I was going to do a timed test to the mobtrap, but I decided I'd wait till I finish the walls, it'll be more accurate that way. It is still pretty amazing already, like 30 or so iron per hour, more if we get lucky with spawns. I'm expecting drops to be around double once the walls are complete.
On the topic of mobtrap walls, there will be 4 huge blank walls if somebody wants to do some pixel art or something. I might try my hand at making a BTW logo on one of them hehe.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Well I'm not terribly good at aesthetics so don't look at me xD

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:Well I'm not terribly good at aesthetics so don't look at me xD
I'm horrible, hence the amount of cobblestone in the server... But I'd like to give it a go anyways.

By the way, you might want to put a ceiling on your tree farm...
Spoiler
Show
In other news, I updated to 4.38, slightly late announcement but better late than never!
New players are still welcome :)
Rianaru

Re: [4.38]Embirrim's Server: Our lawn is better than yours

Post by Rianaru »

YAY IT WORKS! I changed some things from the original design to make it slightly more efficient and I was worried it wouldn't work. I'll put a roof on it and add about a dozen more modules when I have the chance. And condense everything into collection points xD

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:YAY IT WORKS! I changed some things from the original design to make it slightly more efficient and I was worried it wouldn't work. I'll put a roof on it and add about a dozen more modules when I have the chance. And condense everything into collection points xD
I was actually thinking, you know what would be cool? We could make some kind of underwater cart system, and the minecart would just run along under all the hoppers collecting everything, and dumping it off in some storage area. Now that would be amazing. The design even lends itself to that tbh...

EDIT: Actually it depends if you build more modules vertically or horizontally.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I was thinking horizontally. It would eliminate the need for pump systems and we could use the vertical space for a wood processing plant or something. Something that would give equal amounts of each type of fraction block and gears would be cool :)

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:I was thinking horizontally. It would eliminate the need for pump systems and we could use the vertical space for a wood processing plant or something. Something that would give equal amounts of each type of fraction block and gears would be cool :)
Nice, I think a rail system under the farm would be fun to build. Albeit expensive.
And yeah, an automatic cutting edge saw system would be great (see what I did there ^^)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Just thought I should let you know, I popped on to do some work on the tree farm and I got disconnected a bunch after about half a minute of being logged on each time I tried. Not sure if there's something wrong with the server or if it's on my side.

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:Just thought I should let you know, I popped on to do some work on the tree farm and I got disconnected a bunch after about half a minute of being logged on each time I tried. Not sure if there's something wrong with the server or if it's on my side.
Hm I restarted the server, don't have time for much right now it's nearly 1 AM.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Hm I can connect fine, hope your login problems have now been fixed.
embirrim

Re: [4.40]Embirrim's Server: What do you do with a drunken p

Post by embirrim »

Woops! I forgot to update to 4.40, I knew there was something odd when somebody logged in with a different version. Anyway, everything is fine now. My current project is prettying up the mobtrap and starting the wheat farm. It's probably going to be quite resource intensive for the server, I want to make it big and that means a lot of BD's.
As always, if you want to join leave your IGN!

And for your entertainment, here is a pic of the sorting system before I cover it all up.
Spoiler
Show
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Ill be back on often now that finals are over and I get some time off ^.^

A short while later:

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Rianaru wrote:Ill be back on often now that finals are over and I get some time off ^.^
Nice! I have one more week of lessons, then I can be on more often too, although I do have to study.
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

Hey Embirrim! I should be able to be on often now! Just have to install btw.