New Release! (BTW V4.10)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Jay42
Location: Walking behind you; Sleeping besides you; Talking around you.

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.10)

Post by Jay42 »

Wheee! Another shiny update! And once more, thanks for all the amazing stuff!
Now please excuse me, but I gotta go restructure my base.
Stormweaver wrote:BTW: where the line between morality and immorality is a mile wide and has loops in some places.
Backups. Backups! BACKUPS!!
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

FlowerChild wrote:For my sanity, can someone verify that the option to disable hardcore chests in the config file works properly on a server?
Lifewater has disabled hardcore chests on his server and I find myself accessing my personal inventory so it looks like it works.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

So excited about screw :D Thank you once again :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the release Flower Child !
Looking forward playing with it ;-)
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

FlowerChild wrote:Don't put spoilers in the release thread -Flower
Oops, sorry, I kinda asked for it... I'll wait till I can download it myself.
*Tinfoil Hat*
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

<pokes head out of small hole in the ground and sniffs the air>

What... is this scent.... it smells like.... like awesomeness.

<goes back to lurking>
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Posting this in the release thread since that seems where these things go historically.

The new bellows timing has broken my kiln setups: Bellows chains up to three long if will still work if built correctly but longer, for example those used in an Embirrim/Anarchitect style tube kiln setup will not function as the power loss through multiple gearboxes means the fourth gearbox in the chain is no longer powered long enough to activated the bellows.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

Wow, this day started very well! Great release, and thank You. Not a suggestion, just my opinion - the option to disable hcb should be removed at all. Everything without hcb can be accomplished with hcb, just with added fun. But ok, maybe the option is actually needed.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

The pump is awesome, but I'm really grateful that you decided to maintain microblock recombination, it's really convenient for players and was sad when I saw you talking about disabling them. So thank you for spending extra time for such nice if minor mod function.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The Phoenixian wrote:Posting this in the release thread since that seems where these things go historically.

The new bellows timing has broken my kiln setups: Bellows chains up to three long if will still work if built correctly but longer, for example those used in an Embirrim/Anarchitect style tube kiln setup will not function as the power loss through multiple gearboxes means the fourth gearbox in the chain is no longer powered long enough to activated the bellows.
You can turn off the power-drain in the config file if it's a big issue. I warned people ahead of time about this change.
Mac

Post by Mac »

New stuff to play with, can't think of anything better with the weekend right on the doorstep.
This is gonna be fun.

I do suspect the pump is more than meets the eye, but I'll find out if thats true or not while playing.
Not to mention the kind of systems I can already think of that this should make possible,

Also, thank you for all your hard work and your time spent making all this possible.
My Youtube channel.

embirrim

Post by embirrim »

The Phoenixian wrote:Posting this in the release thread since that seems where these things go historically.

You'll actually be incredibly surprised that my setup will not break under any of these circumstances. For a long time I didn't know that powering/unpowering the first bellows in a chain could power/unpower the next ones. So... My setup will always work =D If you look closely you'll notice that the bellows's gearboxes are always connected to an always powered gearbox.
Anyway, happy to see you remember my super-kiln!

As for the release, great job, but I'm afraid it'll always be a spout for me and never a pump :)
Keep up the good work as always!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

embirrim wrote:As for the release, great job, but I'm afraid it'll always be a spout for me and never a pump :)
Well, they don't look *exactly* the same. I just wanted there to be certain visual similarities as a nod to BTB ;)
Thyrllann

Post by Thyrllann »

Woot!

Cheers for the update FC!

Aah... All the builds appearing in my mind...
FlowerChild wrote:MCF would probably not approve of "you've got a massive spider-cock stuck in your throat" status effect.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Ok... damnit... Here I am, tired as hell and I really need to get some sleep but all I can think about is HCB and this new block!
So... let's get the sleeping done so I can start playing with the new toys! Thanks FC :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Whoot! A pump, I cannot wait to try this out.

Thanks for this FC. :)
timsheap

Post by timsheap »

You are a genius as always.
.... End Transmission.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

I know I'm a bit late but,
Multiplayer :O
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Hmm... Cool. The only thing I can think of is that I'm going to have to work a lot harder to build a Nether portal now. Maybe I could still do it underground, and have the water flow down to it...
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Thanks for this! Can't wait to play with pumps! Sounds like lots of fun. The other tweaks and smp balance are great as well!
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Yay! Pumps! WOOT!
I need to try these. That for sure will be a lot of fun, as I had planned to make several systems involving water channels... *challenge accepted*
However my old builds involving water feel a bit cheaty now. Don't really know what to do about these!
I wonder if the placentas are back...
Anyway, time to try out!
Thank you very much for your amazing and never-ending work, Flowerchild!

*EDIT* I know you do not support creative mode, FC, but the screw pump is missing in here, although the screw is in.
Last edited by xou816 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

oh my! Flowerchild just goes from Awesome to Awesomer ;p

Cannot wait to try out the new features and am excited (as excited as a 42 year old man can be about a game) reading all the Player posts of people pimping their pumps (yay for alliteration !)

Pity my Wife is taking me off to a Spa this weekend. Can you believe it.. she's got no idea what real fun is ;p hehehe XD
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Ooh, question. I can't download the update and test it from here, and I need to know right this second: Can items go up the pump-flow-things like in FC's picture? I'm guessing not, because he loves item elevators, but can someone confirm? I don't really have a sense of exactly how the screws work yet.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added the Screw as a new item.

-Added the Screw Pump as a new block.

-Changed Hardcore Bucket mode to be on by default for the mod. With the addition of Screw Pumps, it is now the official mode of play for BTW, but may
still be disabled through the mod config file if you have no concept of fun ;)
I have a concept of fun, I just think it would be awkward enabling Hardcore buckets in a non-HCB world. :P

But, I'll give HCB a try, I hope it doesn't get too weird. :)
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm totally pumped! This was a great thing to wake up to!
I'm both extremely happy and slightly annoyed*grumblegrumblegrumble* that I have to rebuild most of my builds now. Oh boy the massive mobtrap is gonna be fun...
I'm surprised that the screw doesn't use SFS, but I guess you can't just say screw moving water around for people who don't have it yet.
And those rascally semicolons. Popping up everywhere...
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?