[4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls Is Closed.

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: [4.13] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Rotted to the Core!)

Post by FlowerChild »

SterlingRed wrote:I banned you from my server for creating a second forum account. It is against the forum rules and it wont be long before you are banned again.
The ban on her primary account was actually temporary and has since expired. If she ran into the problems above, then it makes sense she'd create a 2nd one.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

FlowerChild wrote:
SterlingRed wrote:I banned you from my server for creating a second forum account. It is against the forum rules and it wont be long before you are banned again.
The ban on her primary account was actually temporary and has since expired. If she ran into the problems above, then it makes sense she'd create a 2nd one.
Thanks for the clarification. I wasnt aware of that. I'll take a look and reconsider.

Edit: I have added the recent whitelist requests! Welcome!
Thedevilsadvocate has also been added under ign alphafox99.
Rugaard

Post by Rugaard »

I've noticed that I'm usually the only one online, whats up with all these add requests but no one playing
Peach774

Post by Peach774 »

Rugaard wrote:I've noticed that I'm usually the only one online, whats up with all these add requests but no one playing
waiting for the server to update to 4.14 or soon to come 4.15
SterlingRed

Re: [4.14] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Light as a Duck!)

Post by SterlingRed »

Server has been updated to btw 4.14!

As far as why i couldn't get to it until now, like it was mentioned on the previous page, I'm quite busy irl. I work 50+ hours a week, have evening activities during the week, and travel every weekend. This limits the time available for me to physically manage the server such as upgrades. I can whitelist while I'm running about, but it's easier to hit it all in one go when I have access to a computer and can look up post history on whitelist requests both here and on mcf, as well as copy and paste usernames to avoid typos. (copy/paste from mobile is a pia)
That being said, the server isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I do have time to manage it and play. Players just may have to be a little patient with updates and whitelists.
Eriottosan

Re: [4.14] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Light as a Duck!)

Post by Eriottosan »

Nice one, SR! I'll hopefully get on properly again later in the week (still getting used to this whole Uni thing)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
SterlingRed

Re: [4.15] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Light as a Duck!)

Post by SterlingRed »

Updated to 4.15!

A few of you have reported not finding mobs, I've done some digging, and there's some evidence to suggest that the server side view distance I had set (less than the default) actually restricts mob spawns due to the range and the sort of bonkers way mob spawning works. Anyway, I've put the view distance back at default, not sure why it wasn't to begin with. We'll see if that helps.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Good to hear, my man! I'm gonna be spending a lot of my MC time on coding for the next wee while, see if I can get my projects off the ground (now that I have actual me-time), but I should be back on in dribs and drabs, and properly before too long. I just hope my precious base stays safe ...
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Totally understand you are busy man.

Tonight I will be rebuilding the village by spawn given that zombies won't kill them all. I will repopulate it and expand it as well. I'll use my own resources to do so. I think having an intact village in a central location could be useful for new players. It could also be used as a central trading area and a place to get testificates. Of course, this is anarchy and not all will be as it seems...
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Ah, I was already planning to do something similar, but if you are going to do it, and sooner, than be my guest (:.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I see no reason why you still couldn't! Feel free to expand it, or even take over the second village.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Why do I get the feeling traps in the houses will be included in this village refurbishment?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Pucc wrote:Why do I get the feeling traps in the houses will be included in this village refurbishment?
And powered cake!
PrivateAlpha

Post by PrivateAlpha »

Howdy,

Could I please be whitelisted?

Ign: PrivateAlpha
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Added, welcome!

Also about rebuilding villages, I may not get to much of it tonight, barring any more unplanned events, I will do quite a bit tomorrow!

EDIT:
I did a little work on the village near spawn. Much more to go. Anyone who desires to do something with it feel free, traps, add stuff, whatever you feel like.

Server has been updated to 4.16!
SterlingRed

Re: [4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Light as a Duck!)

Post by SterlingRed »

Long term, I can see world size becoming a problem. So I'm thinking of adding a bedrock wall in a square 10k from spawn in every direction. Ideally, I'd like it to be 8k (16x16k cube) but I think players are outside of that area. If you are outside the 10k area you will have to move, or depending on base size, I could move it to a location within the wall. If you are outside the 8k range, send me a pm. If its only one or two players, maybe we can work something out. (I don't need exact coordinates)

I plan on doing this in about two weeks. That should be adequate time for active players to respond. I'll update the op with this info.

Story Time! Spoiler'd.
Spoiler
Show
I've discovered the local inhabitants can be useful for gaining experience. They don't seem too intelligent, although the try to trade with me. They seem to misunderstand something about supply and demand. I can even sell them their own wheat. I'm finding I'll need a lot of experience for my...project. I returned to where I came into the world to discover the village completely vacant, brutally murdered by the pestilence that followed me here. The testificates needs are simple, but those who followed me here? Not quite so much. I imagine if they are pursuing the same goal as me, returning to home, they will need the villagers as well. And what's more attractive than a village with free hemp?
Of course, as they will find out...not all is as it seems...
EDIT:

Search the world, near and far, a soul forged steel block, you may find. *slurp*
bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

Hello I would love to be white listed on such a wild like server
ign : bboyblaiser
Thanks for your time :D
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

For some reason mymcadmin (server wrapper allowing me to remotely admin the server) isn't able to connect to my server. I suspect it's down or windows decided to do some automatic update or something. I know Mojang has also been having issues today. So if you can't connect, the world isn't ending, there's just temporary problems. If its on my end, I'll be able to fix it in about 24 hours (11 pm cst Sunday).
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Update: I'm having port forwarding issues. It appears my router went wonkey at some point this weekend and a hard restart fixed that issue, but now I'm not getting any ports to come through even though exceptions are set up as needed. So, more work on that to come.

Server status is current down, more info will be posted about this time tomorrow.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Alright man, thanks for the update. These things happen, let us know when it's resolved (:. Hope everything's going well with you, I am hoping to get on the server some point this week - I've missed your company! :P
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I don't know what the fuck is going on. I've just spent the last 3 hours resetting literally everything (modem, router, computer) re-installing router firmware, and trying my secondary router, as well as a secondary modem. Redid port forwarding like 1000 times tried with programs, and tried manual. Fucked around with firewalls too. Any port forward checker i use to verify open ports returns with "connection timed out" This seems to have happened Friday night or Saturday morning and absolutely nothing on my end could possibly have changed (except I do have a dynamic IP but that's why I set up the no-ip domain name to adjust for that and it's never been an issue before).

I have concluded my ISP (comcast) must have blocked any non essential ports for me. (even though i was way under the bandwidth usage). So, server is down until I get the time to go cause a shit storm in their office (I have an old modem to take back anyway). Hopefully sometime this week.

Really sorry about this guys. The server just doesn't get enough traffic to make paying for external hosting worth it. So if I can't get this resolved in a timely manner, I may have to close it. :'(
Eriottosan

Re: [4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Temporarily Down)

Post by Eriottosan »

That's fine, man. If you have the time/mental strength to "cause a shitstorm" or whatever you called it, go ahead, but these things are stressful, and I see no reason why you should cause yourself that kind of stress during some of the happiest days of your life (i.e. your engagement - really happy for you man (: ).

Seriously, dude, if you get it sorted, great. If not, it's a game. Of course it will be a shame to see it go, but que sera sera. It was fun while it lasted, and we have you to thank for that (:.
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

I have had the exact same issue with Comcast. Not sure how helpful this is, but it's definitely not just you.
SterlingRed

Re: [4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls (Temporarily Down)

Post by SterlingRed »

Okay so here's the rub.
I started this server thinking I could manage it with little maintenance since I had a reliable PC and good ISP upload and download speeds. With the recent problems from the ISP (they are giving me the run around right now), the amount of time I travel, fc's frequent update cycle, and lack of in game admin mods to handle some of the management, I don't feel comfortable asking players to invest time into building a server community that I myself can't commit the time I need to properly admin. I've also discovered playing anarchy and being the admin on the same server is actually not entirely possible due to the nbt digging I have to do to check new player inventories to try to catch cheaters and not checking in on other players locations was really limiting the way I could keep an eye on things and figure out how to encourage player interaction.

I loved having you all on the server, it was a lot of fun, but I just don't have the time I need to do this right to give you all the best gameplay experience. Perhaps down the road in my life...much down the road...I'll be more able to run something like this.

If anyone is interested in the world save, I may be able to upload it but the map size is nearly 1 GB. I can post some screnshots of player bases if anyone would like next week. (traveling again this weekend)

Anarchy Falls is now officially closed. Thank you for playing.
Rugaard

Re: [4.16] [WL Anarchy] Anarchy Falls Is Closed.

Post by Rugaard »

oh well, it was fun while it lasted, if your gonna take screenshots, go find mine, if you can, its bigger than my old base