Lifewaters BTW Server: lifewater.kicks-ass.net (whitelisted)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
BBlaze2

Re: Lifewaters BTW Server: lifewater.kicks-ass.net (whitelis

Post by BBlaze2 »

Is the server down?
Dr Ug

Post by Dr Ug »

I can't see anywhere about BTW 4.01 - is it updated / planned to be updated any time soon?
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

The server has Updated to 4.01.

Lifewater simply did not post about it here.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
serjo43

Post by serjo43 »

IGN: serjo43
Dog4591

Post by Dog4591 »

I am working on building a public library on the server at spawn city. Does anyone have a squid farm?
Dog4591

Post by Dog4591 »

Spawning those ghasts was an accident. I was given those six Redstone to fix the mechanical power system that I broke, I did not steal it. I needed the six Redstone to make the six gear boxes. I was about to fix the mechanical power system when my mother made me get off of my computer.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Ladies and gentlemen: We need your help!

The nether is currently overrun with uncontrolled bloodwood, and I mean seriously overrun. And it's killing out framerate.

We've already taken care of the trees some idiot planted around spawn but the biggest and oldest, and we mean days old, is still a threat. So we want you to log in, get a pair of SFS boots to protect you from the groth, and help kill the thing.

Come on in: Help fight the red menace!
bwyw

Post by bwyw »

how does bloodwood kill framerate?
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

It keeps growing and it has a lot of leaves.
Indras

Post by Indras »

Requesting whitelist, IGN: Indras.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BTW guys, if your systems can't handle a huge number of leaves, fast graphics is always an option.

Blood Wood shouldn't affect server performance, which from the sounds of it, it isn't.
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

Well, we did it! we beat the dragon. Thanks to everyone who got together for it :D
riels418

Post by riels418 »

Also, the egg is safe and sound, nobody can steal it.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

If there is any chance of getting whitelisted anychance at all plz plz plz add me

iGN: sleekjazz

Cheers
riels418

Post by riels418 »

sleekjazz wrote:If there is any chance of getting whitelisted anychance at all plz plz plz add me

iGN: sleekjazz

Cheers
If you could have bothered to read the previous page, you would know that at this current moment the whitelist isn't open, lifeIwater got robbed, and a few other did too(again, it's happened before). We a currently working on the situation, and will have it solved in the next couple weeks. Please always read the 2 pages before the end of a thread before you post in it, lifeIwater will let the forums know when the whitelist is open for applications.
lifeiwater

Post by lifeiwater »

riels418 wrote: If you could have bothered to read the previous page, you would know that at this current moment the whitelist isn't open, lifeIwater got robbed, and a few other did too(again, it's happened before). We a currently working on the situation, and will have it solved in the next couple weeks. Please always read the 2 pages before the end of a thread before you post in it, lifeIwater will let the forums know when the whitelist is open for applications.
TY Riels :)

Just so we are clear, the whitelist is currently closed. This is temporary, but I do not have an ETA.

I'm reviewing a few things:

1. Application process
2. Server Load
3. Theif/Griefing

When I come up with a good solution I will be reopening the whitelist~! :)
bmanfoley

Post by bmanfoley »

As requested by a few users, I've gathered some pics of the base I live at with Baialein and smirks. Also, I documented our battle against the ender dragon :)

http://imgur.com/a/KdY7V#0
devak

Post by devak »

Out of curiosity:

when was the Enddragon slain?
riels418

Post by riels418 »

Oh my. Can you not just read the posts made just before yours? Come on people, this is unacceptable.

I'm not going to answer your question for 2 reasons. 1. You didn't even spell 'Ender Dragon' correctly. 2. It's already been answered on the same page as you posted.

Please, be more conscious of the other posts before you post something already answered.
devak

Post by devak »

riels418 wrote:Oh my. Can you not just read the posts made just before yours? Come on people, this is unacceptable.

I'm not going to answer your question for 2 reasons. 1. You didn't even spell 'Ender Dragon' correctly. 2. It's already been answered on the same page as you posted.

Please, be more conscious of the other posts before you post something already answered.
1: no, i call it the Enddragon. " Ender" sounds silly.

2: FYI, it's not on this page. This page is about the bloodwood rampaging the nether
riels418

Post by riels418 »

devak wrote:
riels418 wrote:Oh my. Can you not just read the posts made just before yours? Come on people, this is unacceptable.

1: no, i call it the Enddragon. " Ender" sounds silly.

2: FYI, it's not on this page. This page is about the bloodwood rampaging the nether

Well, it's technically the Ender Dragon. Be a little more professional on the internet, it can go far in people liking you.

It is. Bmanfoley answered your question.
bmanfoley wrote:Well, we did it! we beat the dragon. Thanks to everyone who got together for it :D
I confirmed it right after.
riels418 wrote:Also, the egg is safe and sound, nobody can steal it.
8bitBob

Post by 8bitBob »

Sigh. Another bump.

But a sad bump.

It appears that I have been robbed. I've been playing Guild Wars 2 for the last few days so I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but someone has raided my base. It's quite clear that they were using some form of x-ray because they dug the exact tunnel to my hidden chests to find all of my iron and diamonds, also getting all of my Fortune III picks. While I understand the conceptual appeal of an Anarchy server, things like this make me shy away from them entirely.

So, while I enjoyed my brief time on the server, I bid everyone adieu. I don't blame anyone for what happened (except for the guy who stole my shit) but I'm just not strong enough to watch my progress be destroyed by people who just want to watch the world burn.

Lately I've really only been excited to play with an irl friend who had joined the server, so we've decided to start our own to avoid this kind of situation, but I hope everyone has a much better time of it than I did (though I realise that some people at spawn had a way worse time in this regard.)
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

With 4.14 out, will Hardcore Buoyancy be enabled or disabled on this server?
riels418

Post by riels418 »

I believe that HCBouy will be activated in the future, but at the current time, no, it is not. I personally am waiting to make a sorting system until Life determines if we will be using it or no.
Ruinous

Post by Ruinous »

Hey guys, ive been having trouble connecting to the server. Is it down for maintenance or something, or is the trouble on my end? Badger has been having similar problems.