Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.5.2] [BTW 4.A4]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
FriedPigeon

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.2] [BTW 4.31]

Post by FriedPigeon »

Patched 1.4.2 with BTW4.31c and left MagicLauncher out. Now it works again.
Apparently MagicLauncher insists on loading mods installed with MCPatcher again.

Would've been too good to be true if it could've been used for easy switching between mods and versions... :(

So it wasn't your texture pack after all ;)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Awesome!
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
danielngtiger

Post by danielngtiger »

Glad we got that figured out, for future reference, if there is ever a tech support question, the first thing anyone should try is to use an absolutely clean install, without any other programs. With that being said, there is a program called MultiMC that is purely a jar switcher, so it should work with BTW, available here. It seems like that was the only part of the functionality you wanted. However, I have not extensively used this with BTW, only because I very rarely switch mods now that I play BTW, and as such, if you ever have a problem, I cannot say it isn't MultiMC's fault.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
kaos78414

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.2] [BTW 4.32]

Post by kaos78414 »

So I was messing around trying to see what I could do with some of the textures myself (I'm no artist, as it turns out), but I did manage a decent looking light block:

An in-game shot: http://imgur.com/c20SH

Fits well and gives the lights a little variance, which is nice. Anyway, originally this was for my personal use, but I figured that I'd share in case you wanted to use it. So far I've been unsuccessful with my other texture attempts - this is a difficult pack to get things just right in. But I do plan on messing around with more of the textures as I have time. Certain blocks, specifically expensive aesthetic blocks like lapis, diamond, gold, hellfire and SFS I want to try and vary up the design so that they feel special. There's a few that are still too bright IMO, namely the ones we discussed. But I also discovered that vine traps are a little too bright, as is bloodwood.

But man, I do really love this pack. I literally cannot play any others after having played with this one for awhile. It's got a dark, pastel, easy-on-the-eyes, not-too-busy feel to it.

EDIT: There's a problem with the unlit texture, and now I'm frustrated cuz I can't seem to get anything to look how I want it to haha. I'll leave the texturing to the experts :P
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

That looks really good for someone who says they're not an artist. :P

And I don't know when you last downloaded the pack, but the bright Hellfire, Hibachi, and Bloodwood have been fixed for almost 4 days now. I didn't bump the post when I updated though, so you might not have noticed. I didn't realize the vinetraps were too bright, but taking the chance, I incorporated the new vine textures I made. They look quite cool now.

What's the problem with the unlit texture? Looks fine to me.
Spoiler
Show
Things about me.
Show
3:
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Hmmm... there was some blue lines inside the part that was supposed to be transparent. I guess I must've done something to it after I posted that screenshot. Anyway downloading now to check out the new bloodwood and concentrated hellfire blocks :)
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

This is gorgeous! I wonder when the last time I checked out your pack was, that I have forgotten since... Well anyway, you have my full support, even for just regular BTW!
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

utakataJ6 wrote:This is gorgeous! I wonder when the last time I checked out your pack was, that I have forgotten since... Well anyway, you have my full support, even for just regular BTW!
Thanks, mate!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.2] [BTW 4.33]

Post by Anbaric »

Got bored today, so made a new connected texture. Since Chiseled Stone Brick is now in the game and available legitimately, I'm sure people have been collecting it. I know I have, ^_^. Along with my first long cave runs I usually search above ground for Temples and Pyramids. When you play in large biomes, it's easy to get quite a bit. But other than being just another variation you can stick in a Stone Brick wall, I wanted it to have more uses. Check out the Op for the pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I want more! I am calling for pictures of bases, windmills, walls, towers, farms, and anything else you got. The best 5 will be given a permanent place in the Op Picture section!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Shinxy

Post by Shinxy »

I'm quite liking your pack so far. Simple, yet beautiful.

And as for pictures, here's one of the only really attractive spot in this world's base: my saw/pottery/kiln pit.
Spoiler
Show
:V
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

A small portion of my underground fortress:
http://imgur.com/a/L896x

:)
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Shinxy wrote:My saw/pottery/kiln pit.
kaos78414 wrote:A small portion of my underground fortress.
Well that was fast. o.O
These look amazing, guys!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.5] [BTW 4.36]

Post by Anbaric »

Truly sorry for the wait guys, but due to the devil, uh, I mean, my sister, I had to wait till today to update.

Added the Chopping Block. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.5] [BTW 4.38]

Post by Anbaric »

Updated for 4.38.

Sorry for the wait.
Things about me.
Show
3:
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Anbaric wrote:Updated for 4.38.

Sorry for the wait.
<3

Will post some screenshots of my world soon
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Cool. Looking forward to it. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

http://imgur.com/a/RPHIM

Not the most aesthetically pleasing base in the world but there you have it
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

I will be one hundred percent honest, I am looking for the aestheticly pleasing builds. But since you're the third person to submit a picture, you're in. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

Apologies for having no base of my own to show (I've been enamored with making custom maps in WorldPainter as of late) But I just wanted to pop in and say this has been my favorite texture pack for months, and I'm thrilled that it's (somewhat) compatible with BTW.

I eagerly await the next update!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

World Painter, Huh? My favorite Minecraft Youtuber uses that a lot. If you ever make a giant Island with all the Biomes on it, and make it look awesome, please share. ^_^

I do apologize for not updating, again, but my sister has now permanently banned me from her computer! It means I can't play Minecraft to test, can't edit or create any new textures, and am stuck to using my iPod to watch the forums. I finally bought my computer today though, so the next update depends on how long it takes to ship. :/

I'm glad you enjoy the pack. I wasn't really fond of it when I accepted ThatOneDude's challenge of making it, but after working on it a couple of days I really got into the simplicity of it. When I see the Default now I cringe, because it's so... in your face.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/159 ... sland-145/ That was the last one I released. It's a bit tiny, but has everything. Also I used this texture pack for the screenshots :3
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

That was YOU?!? I was checking out the maps section one day, and saw this! I remember being pleased that someone had enough appreciation for my favorite texture pack and mod that they would create a world for it. (Plus a bit of glee when I realized that my thread here would probably get some new views. ^_^) Wonderful work, man!

I haven't tried it out yet, for the same reasons listed in my last post... But now that its been recommended by a fellow Wolfaboo, I will certainly add it to my list of things to download when my new comp arrives. ^_^
Things about me.
Show
3:
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

Yeah, Falensbee is my old Curse account from when I played WoW (I made a Kombucha account to post that map only to realize there was a minimum post requirement to post images >.<) WorldPainter is a really fun app, but I don't have much reason to play my own maps since the element of surprise is more or less nonexistent.

What I REALLY want to start doing is designing my own texturepack.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

If you need some surprise, maybe I should take up worldpainter. ^_^ It works on a Mac, right?

And you and me both, concerning the texture pack. My favourite coffee shop must have thought I was going crazy when I suddenly started taking dozens of pictures of the cool tilings and brickwork around the shop. :P
Things about me.
Show
3:
Luxzhv

Post by Luxzhv »

Hmmmmm Do you think you could make a texture for the DIFrameSkin from [1.4.5][FORGE] HIT SPLAT DAMAGE INDICATORS for your updated texture pack, just kinda using it right now.

Also, I really don't know if BTW will be compatible with it, but its not adding any blocks from what I know.

I just thank having hit splats would be cool for BTW. (Also I'm kinda looking for a difficulty increase, I see ANY splat, even far underground.)