Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.5.2] [BTW 4.A4]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Kombucha

Re: Isabella II BTW Addon [WIP] [MC 1.4.5] [BTW 4.38]

Post by Kombucha »

Anbaric wrote:If you need some surprise, maybe I should take up worldpainter. ^_^ It works on a Mac, right?

And you and me both, concerning the texture pack. My favourite coffee shop must have thought I was going crazy when I suddenly started taking dozens of pictures of the cool tilings and brickwork around the shop. :P
Yep, it works on Mac. If you're going to start messing with it, the two best bits of advice I can give you are:

1) Don't change the water level (62) - if you want to start out with an ocean, lower the default level rather than raising the water level. Changing it screws up the depth of ore spawns and stuff like Mine Shafts.

2) Make a bunch of island maps first, they're easy and you don't have to deal with an awkward hard edge where the custom map ends and the vanilla world generation engine begins.

Do share if you decide to make any maps!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Luxzhv wrote:Hmmmmm Do you think you could make a texture for the DIFrameSkin from [1.4.5][FORGE] HIT SPLAT DAMAGE INDICATORS[/url] for your updated texture pack, just kinda using it right now.
Luxzhv wrote:Do you think you could make a texture for the FORGE
Luxzhv wrote:FORGE
Why would you ask me that! o.O

Kombucha: I have watched Tutorials and such on WP, so I know how to format the map. And I don't think any map I make will ever have that hard edge, because no one will be able to find it. ^_^ I have a habit of going too big in projects, so the Map is going to be huge. :P
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Luxzhv

Post by Luxzhv »

>_< Sorry, I'm a numbskull, should have known better.

;-; Thanks for crushing one of my ideas, but oh well, Forge is lame anyway.
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

I've added a "new" texture for Plate/Soulforge Steel Armor:

Yeah, it's a recolor of Chain Armor, but I figured so few people even see Chain Armor in survival that people wont mind. And frankly I think it just looks badass and it fits the dark theme of Soulforge Steel itself.

Here are the files. My feelings wont be hurt if you don't want to add them.

ImageImage

I also fiddled with some of the item icons to make some of the untextured items look a bit more consistent by swapping them out for recolors of already existed items.

Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Kombucha wrote:-Snip-
I didn't think about using Chainmail... But speaking of armor, I'm pretty sure I had a texture donation back on the Request Thread. How long ago was that? Lol, too much time passing. I'll see if I can find it, and merge the two. Anyone know of a modeler that works on a Mac?

As for the Mac, I should have migrated over to my new computer by Chrismas Eve. It's not here yet; Last I heard from the shipping company it was in Vancouver, about an hour away from me. That was two days ago now. Big improvement from Toronto, or New Jersey, where it started. ^_^ Hopefully it'll be here by tomorrow (24'th), and I'll have the pack ready for Christmas.
Things about me.
Show
3:
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Anbaric wrote:-snip-
I believe blender works natively on Mac (I use it) and I have faith in your texturing abilities.

I'm really looking forward to being able to use isabella again with all the sexy sexy aesthetics FC has added, keep up the good work man!

I've been doing some more aesthetic builds in prep for your next release so I would have some stuff to show off :)
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

BlackCat wrote:-snip-
Computers here! http://i.imgur.com/LguV8.jpg

Not quite functional yet, it doesn't seem to be able to connect wirelessly to our router, and the port in my room is too innacessable at the moment... So it's going to take a major renovation of my room to be able to get to work. :/ I also have to work for 6 hours at McDonalds, starting in an hour and a half. The commute is about an hour, since I have to bike, so Ill be home in around eight hours. Then my family is going to insist on having the gift exchange, so unless a miracle happens, I won't be able to fully update. If worst comes to worst, I'll just insert placeholders of the default kind so that you guys can have something to work with. :/
Things about me.
Show
3:
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

Glad you machine finally arrived.

Just for fun I made an alternate of the char.png for myself.

Thinking of making a ginger version too.
BlackCat

Post by BlackCat »

Anabaric, man don't stress yourself on this, take your time. I love your texturepack but I don't want you to have to feel like people are putting pressure on you because of it.
Ribky: eh, maybe kinda iffy at first, but you grew on me like a glorious tumor of innovation
Detritus: A whole lot of walls decided they wanted to give you a hug, but you're allergic to walls

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/illogicallycompact
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

BlackCat wrote:-snip-
I am allowed to care about getting you guys a usable release, so there. :P

Anyway, I'm on my new computer now, wondering what I should download to edit textures.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anamirian

Post by Anamirian »

I am allowed to care about getting you guys a usable release, so there. :P

Anyway, I'm on my new computer now, wondering what I should download to edit textures.
Paint.net is a great program for making MC textures, and it's free!

http://www.getpaint.net/
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

I've always preferred GIMP myself, although that's mainly because I like knowing that I can use it whether I'm in my Windows partition or my Linux partition.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

I didn't know Gimp worked on windows too. It's what I had been using on my sister's Mac. If I ever get a bigger screen, I'll get Gimp, I know how to use it. ^_^ I do know Paint.net too though, and have started work.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Dammit! F**k, bad computer!

It refuses to detect the Ethernet cord... I've tried three different cords, but it keeps saying to plug one in. Computer people, Help!

I am completely cut off from the Internet, and I need Internet to test the textures. I downloaded Modloader and BTW 4.41 yesterday, but today I find out that I can't install mods on windows without an unarchiver... Which is absent from this systems default...
Things about me.
Show
3:
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

An unarchiver? 7zip is a good (and free) one that I use when moving around archives.

7-zip

From my tests, the installer works without internet either, so that should help too.
Good luck with the update!
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

You have to download the installer though... I don't have it. :/
Things about me.
Show
3:
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

Oh, wait, did your internet stop working? Did you download the mods before your connection broke? I thought you used a USB or something to transfer the files over from a working computer, but if you don't have any computer access, the most I can do is offer moral support. I can't help but notice that you can access these forums, though, so are you able to check google for potential solutions to your undetected ethernet cable?
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

What kind of computer are you using? You might have to install its network driver, which should be on a disk that came with the computer, or might be downloadable from the manufacturer's website from your mobile device and transferred over via USB cable.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Crazylemon64 wrote:Oh, wait, did your internet stop working? Did you download the mods before your connection broke?
Yes. It was working the day I got it, but the next day it wouldn't work. I downloaded the mods on that first day, along with MultiMC, League of Legends, and Paint.net.
Crazylemon64 wrote:I can't help but notice that you can access these forums, though, so are you able to check google for potential solutions to your undetected ethernet cable?
Just like before I got this computer, I am now stuck on my iPod. It's connecting flawlessly as always, and every other computer in the house is working fine too. I did google for solutions, and I will certainly try updating the drivers if I can find the correct disc...
Katalliaan wrote:What kind of computer are you using? You might have to install its network driver, which should be on a disk that came with the computer, or might be downloadable from the manufacturer's website from your mobile device and transferred over via USB cable.
I have this. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6883227408
I'm assuming the disk will have the word "Driver" on it?
Things about me.
Show
3:
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

It might. However, looking at ASRock's (the manufacturer of the motherboard) site, there isn't a network driver available for download. Also, looking at the reviews on Newegg, others have had issues with the network card as well - you may have to give the manufacturer a call about this, as there doesn't look to be enough room for a discrete network card with how close the graphics card is to the only PCI slot I can see.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Ok... I think I've probably lost most followers by now... But for the few who wait, patiently or not, I have news.

I always like to hear the good news first, so that the bad news doesn't sound as bad, so here it is.

After several days trying to get in contact, first with the Manufacturer, then Newegg, I was told that I could refund the computer, even though I kinda destroyed most of the packaging. ^_^' Then, a fellow villager from our, ah, Village, got home after a vacation. He is a pretty techy guy, so I asked him to help. He tried all the Ethernet ports in the house, and all the cords. Like I had feared, none worked. But the next day he came over with the idea to try it at his house. It worked perfectly there. So now I know that it's just a faulty wire connecting the router to the port in my room (which happens to be the only port in the house anyway :/)

Bad news is, I can't buy the new 50' cord till tomorrow.

More good news, I have most of the new block textures from recent updates done. Thank Eldritch Overlord's for Pixel art iOS apps for the framework, and pencil crayons and grid paper for fleshing out. ^_^

It's mostly guesswork as to what each tile was for, the only references I had was the shared btwterrain01.png files that people posted around the different texture packs addons.
Things about me.
Show
3:
Kombucha

Post by Kombucha »

Looking forward to it.
Anbaric

Re: Isabella II 16x Textures [WIP] [MC 1.4.6] [BTW 4.41]

Post by Anbaric »

Updated for BTW 4.41! Finally!
Things about me.
Show
3:
Mud

Post by Mud »

Whoa. A lot of new armor models in this update that aren't Vanilla or BTW... what are they from?

* are you doing a Isabella II extension for Metallurgy as well?
Crazylemon64

Post by Crazylemon64 »

Anbaric, I'm glad to see you've overcome the internet problem. Your texture pack is great, and worth the wait!

Edit: Either the download seems to be for the previous version of the texture pack, or you forgot a few textures. Mutton and boiled potatoes are invisible, and the stone benches/etc. still have funny textures.