New Release! (BTW V3.97)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Faz

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.97)

Post by Faz »

When did they let netherwart grow on the overworld? Sensible change.

Is anyone else having performance issues with this build or is it something on my end? I just updated from 3.93(with which I had no problems) and it was freezing from time to time, the whole game not just the graphics lagging. I restarted my computer and tried again and had the same issue after a while but it was even more frequent.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Nice one, FC (: Thanks man!
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Nice, dude! I look forward to playing with this new release - my roommate and I have just started a new world to test the lan, so we'll appreciate any optimization you've thrown our way. Gotta say, though - it's phenomenal how well that shit already works, even without "official" support. We've had no problems to speak of yet, and something tells me that they'll be even fewer and further between as you keep updating.

Keep up the good work, man!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

For those of you that seem of pleased about the netherwart change, I thought you might find this amusing:

MCF Link
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

FlowerChild wrote:For those of you that seem of pleased about the netherwart change, I thought you might find this amusing:

MCF Link
This is why we love you flowerchild
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
Faz

Post by Faz »

FlowerChild wrote:For those of you that seem of pleased about the netherwart change, I thought you might find this amusing:

MCF Link
It's a good outlook to have, challenge shouldn't be a dirty word. The problem now is that it's been included it's more than likely not going to go away, even if the devs decide it was a stupid idea and take it away people will throw a hissy fit to have it included.

On a side note with the inclusion of night vision potions I actually really hope to see the removal of the brightness bar(or making it only available if cheats are enabled as it is essential to creative mode building), my first memory of minecraft was spending the day exploring and then in the night getting killed by things I couldn't see. I used to love how the night in minecraft was actually dark but since the inclusion of the brightness bar most people use bright since it's essentially night vision, just my 2 cents. Possibly gone a bit off topic but I think it fits with maintaining a challenge so as not to cheapen the game.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

*Reads about the wool thing out loud*
Girlfriend: YAY I could kiss him.
*45 minutes later after being underground mining*
Me: WTF WHERES THE FLOORS!!!!

Note: its a 4 story building that covers about a 50 by 60 area.....

I like the netherwart change you did, while I'm not like some of here that make massive forts in the nether (yet) this means I dont need to bother somehow incorperating an automation into my overword base for it, I just have a small automated farm in the nether that works while I collect blaze rods and netherack that supplies me with all I need.

Once again thank you FC for making my minecraft experience worthwhile.

Back to the mines for me.....the girl wants more lapis.....
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

Faz wrote:-snip-

my first memory of minecraft was spending the day exploring and then in the night getting killed by things I couldn't see. I used to love how the night in minecraft was actually dark

-snipity-
Really? I keep my brightness bar all the way down and I can still see at night/in dark places. Not overly well, but I can see what's attacking me
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Faz wrote: On a side note with the inclusion of night vision potions I actually really hope to see the removal of the brightness bar(or making it only available if cheats are enabled as it is essential to creative mode building), my first memory of minecraft was spending the day exploring and then in the night getting killed by things I couldn't see. I used to love how the night in minecraft was actually dark but since the inclusion of the brightness bar most people use bright since it's essentially night vision, just my 2 cents. Possibly gone a bit off topic but I think it fits with maintaining a challenge so as not to cheapen the game.
Please don't make suggestions outside of the suggestion subforum.
Faz

Post by Faz »

Honestly wasn't meant to be a suggestion for the mod sorry if it came across that way and I do also apologise for the rambling.

And I'm also guessing no-one else is having the performance issues so now I have to figure out what I messed up.
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Actually I agree that allowing netherwart to grow in the overworld is a good decision for vMC, since is not really challenging as much as boring, at least in SSP. Sure, there may be better solution, but I think even stop-gap solution is better than nothing.
In BTW, on the other hand, we have decent numbers of things to do in the nether and I completely agree with you for reverting this change.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ferrus.Manus wrote:Actually I agree that allowing netherwart to grow in the overworld is a good decision for vMC
That's ok. You're just wrong. Happens to everyone.
simanick

Post by simanick »

thank you so much for the last few updates they are all vary cool :)
Link

Post by Link »

I wish I could play on these new releases soo much. I really want to find out what "hardcore chickens" is (or is it hardcore cows? I forgot.) but due to the hurricane trolling me and making me evacuate I can't ><
FlowerChild wrote: Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

FlowerChild wrote:
Ferrus.Manus wrote:Actually I agree that allowing netherwart to grow in the overworld is a good decision for vMC
That's ok. You're just wrong. Happens to everyone.
vMC is clearly taking another direction from you man, you yourself acknowledge it. For the sake of your sanity, vmc is not your responsibility. Lately you seem very negatively affected by where vmc is going, and I'm worried it will drag you down.

Glad to hear there is progress in the dreaded netcode area.

(oh, and I am rather indifferent to netherwart in general. It's never the limiting resource in potions in my experience. Too bad the potion code is stupidly coded, I would love to see what you wanted to do with it)

Wish I could get my brother to even bother with mc, I'd love to help with the lan testing. But he just gives me a weird look whenever I mention it :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote: vMC is clearly taking another direction from you man, you yourself acknowledge it. For the sake of your sanity, vmc is not your responsibility. Lately you seem very negatively affected by where vmc is going, and I'm worried it will drag you down.
Nah man. As I've mentioned in the past, I view "negative" emotion as a motivating influence for positive change. Look what I did with getting pissed off about wolves being included in vMC :)

So yeah, let me get pissed off. Only good things will come of it. Only through recognizing Mojang's errors for what they are can I correct them.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Lol, if you put it that way :]

You sure have a lot of feeder tendrils to go with the tentacles.

Dare I ask how bad are mob glitches in these latest versions (that I cannot try for a few weeks more..grumble)

I've specifically held off on making a central mob system until I familiarise myself with 1.3 quirks, and since you seem to be meddling with network stuff..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Hm... I totally agree with the netherwart change - I was amazed to learn you didn't need soulsand planters to grow netherwart in the overworld; that was how I assumed it would work. Not being able to do it at all is a step up from that.

Although, with this change, do soulsand planters have any mechanical benefit beyond looking cool (not that they need more than that :p )?

EDIT: Actually, I guess they didn't really have a mechanical benefit before, huh? So really it's status quo maintained.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MaxAstro wrote:Hm... I totally agree with the netherwart change - I was amazed to learn you didn't need soulsand planters to grow netherwart in the overworld; that was how I assumed it would work. Not being able to do it at all is a step up from that.

Although, with this change, do soulsand planters have any mechanical benefit beyond looking cool (not that they need more than that :p )?

EDIT: Actually, I guess they didn't really have a mechanical benefit before, huh? So really it's status quo maintained.
Mainly, it's always been about the convenience of not sinking into the soulsand as you maintain your crop.
MaxAstro

Post by MaxAstro »

Oh! The planters don't have that annoying effect? Of course!

Excuse me, I need to go convert my netherwart farm to use planters now... :)

In any case, rocking update. I'm really excited about the LAN tweaks; my g/f and I have been having immense amounts of fun playing together despite the small bugs. Unlike most people, I'm actually not that excited about full multiplayer, since anarchy servers don't hold much appeal for me and cooperative servers seem to become an organizational nightmare after more than 3 players or so.
"In the near future, the apocalypse has had an apocalypse."
HaloGamefreek

Post by HaloGamefreek »

I just have to say flowerchild. You are working at an amazing pace to us who dont understand your coding/magic abilities.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

HaloGamefreek wrote:I just have to say: FlowerChild, you are working at an amazing pace.
Fixed what you said ;). His pace is amazing, regardless of what we do or don't know :P.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?