New Release! (BTW V3.96)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
odranoel

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.96)

Post by odranoel »

FlowerChild wrote:They'll be plenty of time not to update when I'm dead.

wow, now thats dedication! do what you love or die trying!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FC must have mastered the ability to reach the Ballmer Peak. Won't you share your awesome secrets with us?
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

FlowerChild wrote:
DxPanxD wrote:Can't make wheat farming 100% automatic (not to my knowledge at least, you still have to plant)
You're shitting me right? Wtf is this then? :)
Spoiler
Show
Wait what o.o I've always been under the assumption that there isn't anything that plants the wheat seeds automatically. My whole btw life has been a lie! D:
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

DxPanxD wrote:Wait what o.o I've always been under the assumption that there isn't anything that plants the wheat seeds automatically. My whole btw life has been a lie! D:
I'll answer this as Battosay is unlikely to be as nice in this one case :)

Block Dispenser man ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*gets popcorn to watch Battosay beat someone to death with a block dispenser*

It almost makes me want to do a series of videos... BTWU. You update so frequently, though, that keeping them current would be a nightmare.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

FlowerChild wrote:
DxPanxD wrote:Wait what o.o I've always been under the assumption that there isn't anything that plants the wheat seeds automatically. My whole btw life has been a lie! D:
I'll answer this as Battosay is unlikely to be as nice in this one case :)

Block Dispenser man ;)
... I need to figure out where I got the idea that bd's wouldn't plant seeds and would just spit them out. Well new thing to build regardless of why I was completely wrong.

I'm gonna go hide in my corner of shame for a while first though, anyone mind loaning me a dunce cap?

Edit:
morvelaira wrote:*gets popcorn to watch Battosay beat someone to death with a block dispenser*
I think I deserve that, I have no idea why I never even tried in case my info was wrong.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Thordan Ssoa

Post by Thordan Ssoa »

I came here to check and see if there were any new posts I cared about quick before I go to bed, and I suddenly find another release. There is no way you're human, updating this quickly. Time to download and start twiddling again.
FlowerChild wrote:Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
FlowerChild wrote:you haven't seen a fight scene until you've seen one with horse schlongs swinging free
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I'd hold of with the daily updates if I was you, people will start to expect them from you.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Enough with the "stop making stuff" guys. I'm a big boy.
CreeperCommando

Post by CreeperCommando »

FlowerChild wrote:Enough with the "stop making stuff" guys. I'm a big boy.

We know, the problem is rather that your minions can't handle this awesomeness.
It's like our overlord is tossing candy at us faster than our measly minion heads can process, and this is freaking us out (in a good way of course (depends on the definition of good actually (please interpret it as good, I like candy showers :D (or is it kibble?!? D:))))

Dude you are simply awesome, I can only imagine that something with the latest porting actually made you feel more inspired in creating what vMC could have been. When I first started liking vMC I thought, as a then complete idiot in game design, that vMC had infinite potentials. Right now I realized you are approaching that feel of expectations I had then (meaning you are making it that unexplainable experience of a never ending story inside a game). Once again I can't express my gratitude enough for what you've done for this community, thank you FC for restoring some of the hope I had lost in the game scene.
Ribky wrote:Right into the hibachi? Damn man, God hates your windmill more than he hates the uncircumcised.
FC wrote:"You have defeated zrog the mighty! Have a potato."
FC wrote: "Does Dung Float?"
Williamson

Post by Williamson »

Still can't believe you've managed five for five. You've blown my mind.

Also, liking the fact that the recipe for kibble uses bonemeal rather than simple bones, as it means we have to seperate the bones from the mob trap, grind them, and then have the result meet up with the rotten flesh. Looking forward to building that!
shifty

Post by shifty »

FC you are an update machine!
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Amazing work as always! I really do appreciate the tanned items into glue fix since I'm early in my world and got carried away with tanning when the leather only glue change came. Now I have a shortage, but I can scrap some tanned leather and breeding harness to get me over the hump to get my auto pottery and kiln finished and concentrate on cow farm.
Thanks!
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

DxPanxD wrote:I'm gonna go hide in my corner of shame for a while first though, anyone mind loaning me a dunce cap?
Here, you can have mine. I haven't posted too much recently, so I can afford to do without it for a while.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

FC, have you gotten eldritch cybernetic enhancements on your tentacles to code faster? Because holy shit o.o
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Flowerchild you are an updating machine, your work this week has been incredible! Thanks very much!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Williamson wrote: Also, liking the fact that the recipe for kibble uses bonemeal rather than simple bones, as it means we have to seperate the bones from the mob trap, grind them, and then have the result meet up with the rotten flesh. Looking forward to building that!
Yeah, it was remembering the necessity of Bellows in that process that sold me on the bonemeal. Previously I don't think there was any real need for that mechanic in any of the existing automation systems. If you could deal with having bones and arrows go to the same chest, there was never any real reason to use it.

Now though, if you want to make Kibble, you need to separate the two to get the job done, which further incentivizes the use of that system.
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

+1 voice of gratitude and bogglement.
What Strange Devices!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Hey man I'm really liking all the hardcore changes. I fully support any change that makes the game harder. Especially the early game when it's a struggle to survive. :)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FlowerChild wrote:
Williamson wrote: Also, liking the fact that the recipe for kibble uses bonemeal rather than simple bones, as it means we have to seperate the bones from the mob trap, grind them, and then have the result meet up with the rotten flesh. Looking forward to building that!
Yeah, it was remembering the necessity of Bellows in that process that sold me on the bonemeal. Previously I don't think there was any real need for that mechanic in any of the existing automation systems. If you could deal with having bones and arrows go to the same chest, there was never any real reason to use it.

Now though, if you want to make Kibble, you need to separate the two to get the job done, which further incentivizes the use of that system.
I used to use bellows when separating string from wool in a sheep farm. It used btb to take the wool out of dispensers though. I'm in the process of making one with saws though!

Anyway, great job on the recent updates, hardcore sheep seem like a lot of fun. I'd been waiting for chicken changes since you disabled tallow, and the wait was worth it.
Keep up the good work as always. Will try to buy you a few beers and coffes once I'm back from vacation.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

embirrim wrote: I used to use bellows when separating string from wool in a sheep farm. It used btb to take the wool out of dispensers though. I'm in the process of making one with saws though!
The thing is, you can do that with just about any Hopper filter, so really, that doesn't provide any incentive at all to use the Bellows mechanic :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I think it's the first time ever that I didn't got time to grab a version. I don't have 3.95 :(
My collection is incomplete :(
You're crazy :p
Thanks again :)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

awwww, poor batto, well, maybe if you ask real nice, FC might send it to you so you can add it to your collection. I hear money is a great way to convince ppl to see things your way. <shifty eyes>

:P but on a serious note, awesome work FC. My greedy miserly side of myself may not be totally sold on anything that delays me hording massive amounts of materials, but I'm sure it will warm up to your genius eventually. I will say, it was and still is BTW that has kept me playing minecraft this long, and I see it keeping me for a good while longer. Keep up the good work man.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

1. I love the word 'kibble' :3 that alone made my day.
2. I haven't tried it yet, but when you said you'd "fixed" block dispensers and baby sheep, I had a vision of the bundle of cuteness going "meep" and being sucked inside, turning into a nice lump of raw lamb steak :p
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Battosay wrote:I think it's the first time ever that I didn't got time to grab a version. I don't have 3.95 :(
My collection is incomplete :(
You're crazy :p
Thanks again :)
That's nothing. I've pulled it but haven't installed it yet! This weekend I need to split between art and BTW.