Zombie Pigman Spawner

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Noshery

Zombie Pigman Spawner

Post by Noshery »

Possible! I was looking at my youtube subscriptions and saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASYNT0Xdus

this is only about the second trap shown in the video! This is a functional pigman farm that you can "easily" make [requires almost a full double-chest of obsidian]
Mr. B

Re: Zombie Pigman Spawner

Post by Mr. B »

While that is an impressive display, that's also a massive performance drain machine. I'm pretty sure trying to load that would crush this computer. I actually like to use portals, so screwing around like this would screw up my travel network.

FlowerChild intends to disable zombie pigmen spawning from portals, so this won't work in 1.3 with BTW.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5054
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Mr. B wrote:While that is an impressive display, that's also a massive performance drain machine. I'm pretty sure trying to load that would crush this computer. I actually like to use portals, so screwing around like this would screw up my travel network.

FlowerChild intends to disable zombie pigmen spawning from portals, so this won't work in 1.3 with BTW.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5054
The fact that Mohjang don't like farms they will find a solution for this kind of exploit ;)
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Noshery

Post by Noshery »

Mr. B wrote:While that is an impressive display, that's also a massive performance drain machine. I'm pretty sure trying to load that would crush this computer. I actually like to use portals, so screwing around like this would screw up my travel network.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5054
actually, the second machine shown [the scaled down version] is not that performance draining unless it is left in a loaded chunk without the entities being killed
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Time/Reward-wise I don't think an overworld pigman farm is that good.
Even after you collect all the obsidian which could take an age, even casting it will take a long time, it's not worth the effort.
Still, it would look pretty cool.