New Release! (BTW V3.91)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DocHussey

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.91)

Post by DocHussey »

Oh you filthy tease... I'm moving and going to be without internet for a month or more, and now you introduce new stuff that I will have to despair over its intended usage? Oh, I love you man...

**EDIT - And the mod size just keeps creeping on up! Once this baby hits 88 mb we're gonna see some serious schnitzel...
Last edited by DocHussey on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

XantyZon wrote:I just assumed that you were just helping us pitch a tent for BTW.
We needed help for this? I mean... I do that and I don't even have the right equipment.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

morvelaira wrote:
XantyZon wrote:I just assumed that you were just helping us pitch a tent for BTW.
We needed help for this? I mean... I do that and I don't even have the right equipment.
Some of us are old like me and need help at times. Putting that aside, grate update.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Nether Growth so that lava and other fluids will flow through it, destroying it in the process.
Hmmmm... other fluids? Am I adopting this forum's constant paranoia or seeing some kind of hint?

*sigh*

*tinfoil hat*
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

agentwiggles wrote: *sigh*

*tinfoil hat*
Welcome to the swarm.
Spoiler
Show
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

O.o "other fluids"? And here I thought FC said he had put his netherwater substitute on hold.

tbh, I'm more interested in the intended uses of the canvas... first things that come to mind are paintings and sails....
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
DIG_down

Post by DIG_down »

morvelaira wrote: do that and I don't even have the right equipment.
Poor thing, here borrow mine Image

On a more serious note,
FlowerChild wrote:[Players]have the ability to make their own life easier by creating their own solution.
This is BTW, and it is fantastic. Also, please slow down with this new stuff I still haven't even gotten to the Infernal Enchanter yet D:

Keep up the good fight FC, you're still winning :)
FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote:Not to mention he posted an idea in the stop posting ideas thread right after he came back from a ban for posting ideas....
+1
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

agentwiggles wrote:
FlowerChild wrote: -Changed Nether Growth so that lava and other fluids will flow through it, destroying it in the process.
Hmmmm... other fluids? Am I adopting this forum's constant paranoia or seeing some kind of hint?

*sigh*

*tinfoil hat*
Before we get into wild speculation and not having access to nether growth myself I'll ask: is cement a fluid in this scenario?

There's really no need for paranoia. Except for fun and profit of course.

On which note, I believe I have divined the true purpose of Canvas.

The frightening truth of the matter is that Steve's evil is greater and more terrible than anyone could possibly have imagined before now but the canvas reveals what he is, for there is but one purpose to which it could be put: A canvassing campaign. You see Steve is in fact...

A politician!

Steve obviously intends nothing less that to return home and paste mind reading political canvasses all across his homeland so as to divine the thoughts of all of the constituents therein and see for whom they will vote and upon doing so he will move to phase 5 of his evil plan: Ballot Stuffing. Yes, the true reason he collects arcane scrolls is not for some mere enchantment but because they are printed on the same paper as the official ballot and the canvasses will tell him just how many he needs to collect.

The reason he is doing this of course is that it is only once he is elected and his plan is complete that he may use the labor of his nation to summon his true masters!

Repeatedly.

As he grinds them up for parts.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Ulfengaard wrote:
agentwiggles wrote: *sigh*

*tinfoil hat*
Welcome to the swarm.
Spoiler
Show
Live for the swarm!

Anyways, awesome update, as always. Can't wait to find out the new SFSB property!
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:Freudian Sleep
I guess you must be tired, since you seem to have made another one... ;)

But great update! I'm quite curious to see where this is all going, with the canvasses and everything, and all the mysterious features SFS keeps getting.

Well, time to head over to MCF to watch the excitement...

EDIT: I just saw the typo fix... awesome.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Nice one! Yay, but ouch, but yay.

My dog poop detector collector auto dog feeders are broke now cus of the hoppers right? Need new plan. Pit, poop fall, detector, then stored? Hmmmm.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

Great, even more things to play with even though my Nether Growth craze haven't died out. Thank you master :)
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

awesome, new update! installing now!

as for me, i predict the canvas will be used to make your own custom paintings! and there be some way to make paints using dyes. that would be uber. people could go crazy sharing their own created canvas paintings! :o community win for aesthetics

Edit: derp, fail on the canvas prediction, thats what u get for posting before trying. i thought it was the kind of canvas that you paint on.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Because as we all know, btw is all about aesthetics.

Nice update man, but the bricks will be sorely missed. My mill setup in particular is extremely slow now :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Molds :)
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Where are the companion carts?
Anyway, great Update.
Somehow I like to place unfired mould pottery as markers for buildings (like a circle). It seems easier to me to count the number of blocks with them. (Could they have their own texture? :))
Also, I have crafted now more than just one central anvil (one for stairs, ropes, etc...)
So. Thanks for the new stuff.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Well crud. There goes a fully automated wheat farm that ramps up rather quickly. Off to the suggestion [strike]rubbish bin[/strike] forum!
TaterBoy

Post by TaterBoy »

All I can say is wow...
A while back I was actually going to suggest the exact concept of moulds as my first official suggestion, but held off because at the time a ton of terrible suggestions were getting the hammer, and I wasn't entirely confident it would fly, (this was before the rope recipe change.)
Not to say I have a mind as great as your FC, but ours were definitely thinking alike for a moment there.

Wonderful new content, it shall be enjoyed. :)
Cthulhu for President: It's not the right choice, it's the only choice.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Oh man I'm loving this. I've got a lot to catch up on!
FlowerChild wrote:-Added the Canvas as a new item (Fabric surrounded by Moulding 4X4).
This seems right up my alley. Can't wait to check it out :D

Great work as always :)
devak

Post by devak »

wait a second..

did Flowerchild just add an aesthetic block just to tease us with (possible) future updates?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

devak wrote: did Flowerchild just add an aesthetic block just to tease us with (possible) future updates?
It's not a block :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:EDIT: I just saw the typo fix... awesome.
Hehe...yeah, when someone mentioned that I should have named it differently after the 3.9 release, I had a face-palm moment over not having thought of that myself :)
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

It's funny how I started crafting mould like crazy because I wanted to see the canvas pictures and constantly wondering why a canvas would be crafted with mould.. until I realized that I should have paid more attention to the post.

Anyway, nice update as always, thank you alot for that.

Edit:
Holy shit are these huge, I'm so glad that I built my current home 7 high.. the "round" shape is abit of a pain though ^^.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Nice tease with the paintings, that's clever :p
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for the mould ! When I mentioned a *passive* item for crafting a few months ago you were kinda 'meh' on the idea, so I dropped any hope to see it added, but now that it's actually in, I wonder how could I stand to waste so much time before. So damn fast now :)
And keeping them in the Anvil ? Genius ! Awesome way to make us build one more room, full of Anvil ready to craft any kind of shape ! I love it :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Nice tease with the paintings, that's clever :p
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for the mould ! When I mentioned a *passive* item for crafting a few months ago you were kinda 'meh' on the idea, so I dropped any hope to see it added, but now that it's actually in, I wonder how could I stand to waste so much time before. So damn fast now :)
And keeping them in the Anvil ? Genius ! Awesome way to make us build one more room, full of Anvil ready to craft any kind of shape ! I love it :)
Excellent man! Glad you like it :)

And dude...I totally don't remember discussing the passive item idea, but it must have stayed in my subconscious ;)