Panda and Raust's Adventure Tools BTW Addon! WIP (Revive me)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Panda

Panda and Raust's Adventure Tools BTW Addon! WIP (Revive me)

Post by Panda »

So after very little waiting I present to you Panda and Raust's Collaboration mod!
(and by collaboration I mean he's the coding master and i just spewed out ideas and textures :D)

This is a Better Than Wolves addon aimed at creating fun, interesting and multi use tools! These tools were all created using a synthisis of Panda and Wolf DNA splicing and pure black magic sparcles.

The Tools are as follows:

Giga Drill
Spoiler
Show
This is a diamond infused Mining drill with Precision crafting capabilities:
+It can mine stone much like a regular steel pick
+With its diamond tip it is able to carve stone into stone brick simply by right clicking (Sandstone included!)
+But wait theres more, When you carv a stone brick again it is carved into the fabulous Ornate stone brick!
-However when you resmelt it you only get back the SSF, the diamond is lost forever, however only a minor setback.
+俺を誰と思ってやがる?

Birthday Sword:
Spoiler
Show
Everyone knows that on your birthday you should expect alittle more right? Well here it is:
+This is a very special sword that always comes standard with Looting! Wow that's great!
-However... your beating enemies with cake...Its has horrible durability.. use it at the start or end of a duel...
Golden Tube Shooter:
Spoiler
Show
Don't let its look fool you its defiantly not a golden pistol! ok maybe it is but it fires Hellfire infused golden rounds for goodness sake!
+Its fire golden hellfire rounds nearly strait.
+Fires fairly quick without allowing you to spam click.
-Might just fire alittle funny so watch out. ; )
-Bullets only stack to 32 and once there fired there's no retrieving them so aim well!
-You dont get all of your Material back when resmelting it.

WindZooka:
Spoiler
Show
This fun little gadget is like the Airzooka some of us may have had as a kid but super powered with harvested souls!
+With this device you able to charge air inside its chamber and send it bursting out through the barrel
+When and enemy is hit by its gust it sends them flying!
-However it doesn't do any damage, well except maybe if you find yourself near a nice ledge ;D
+Your also able to use the item on yourself, simply point it at a wall, floor or ceiling and send out a gust, when the gust hits the wall it bursts and sends you flying backwards!....OR up. ;D
+Also if you find yourself falling to your death this may be able to save you, think creatively ;D
-However if you just simply blow yourself around your gonna get hurt, so don't be dumb.
+Wonder if this can launch lit TNT...?

Crafting:
Spoiler
Show
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?te2bo1c1v55c781
Update History:
Spoiler
Show
V1.1
-Fixed a few bugs and improved coding with the Windzooka making it feel more stable.
-Balanced Giga Drill to take longer to carve stone.
-Bug fixes including needing to jump before you can use Windzooka
-Mod is 13% nicer to wolves
Bugs:
Spoiler
Show
-More than one windzooka in your hotbar will copy the animation of the firing one.
Credits:

Raust for his excellent coding!
Flowerchild for letting us make an addon!
And Panda for texturing!

Texture sheet:
Spoiler
Show
16x Image
32x Image
Last edited by Panda on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Never say no to Panda.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Panda's Mod Rough Draft.

Post by FlowerChild »

Unless this is specifically a BTW add-on (which it doesn't appear to be), then discussion of it is not allowed on these forums.

EDIT: NM, Panda clear this up via PM.
Panda

Re: Panda's Mod Rough Draft.

Post by Panda »

FlowerChild wrote:Unless this is specifically a BTW add-on (which it doesn't appear to be), then discussion of it is not allowed on these forums.

EDIT: NM, Panda clear this up via PM.
Yeah sorry about that big guy, i got soo excited well brain storming I forgot to clarify that it is an add-on.
Can i get an opinion on my ideas though?
Never say no to Panda.
StormBeforeDawn

Re: Panda's BTW Addon Rough Draft.

Post by StormBeforeDawn »

Honestly it doesn't seem to add a lot to the mod. Perhaps that is a harsh way to say it, but that is my honest opinion.
~Storm
Panda

Post by Panda »

StormBeforeDawn wrote:Honestly it doesn't seem to add a lot to the mod. Perhaps that is a harsh way to say it, but that is my honest opinion.
Fair enough, on a side point ive decided to put the drill on hold, its double jump feature doesnt make sence.

Instead ive decided to add that feature to the wind cannon and make that my top priority, so it can blow enemies back and when shot under you well jumping propel you up, as it stands theres not really a mobility item in Better than Wolves

Wind cannon, the item shall have 3 stages of gust that can be charged
Never say no to Panda.
Aradanwen II

Post by Aradanwen II »

im going to do my best on constructive critism.
Warning i may miss the point of this addon and/or see balance differently
Spoiler
Show
windcanon:
- crafted with soulurns should be more dangerous?
- needs more drawbacks

hellfire gun:
- i dont get how this would work, whats the propellant?
- maybe add a misfire chance where you damage yourself
- maybe use gunpowder with the shot?

giga drill:
- does not really makes sence given the tech level
- recipe contains no engine or power source
- my tip: a sort of haunted pickaxe would be more ''logical'' and makes sence with the pulling forward but would need more dangers added to it

hope this was constructive and in some way maybe helped
Steve learns the same way he learns everything else: via maddeningly painful bursts of possibly psychic, definitely psychotic inspiration.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Lmao! Panda how I love you!

All I'm going to say is this gives me that giddy adventure / inventiveness feeling of being deep behind enemy lines with imagination as a child.

If you can tie this in with BTW, use automations / items / blocks to play a part in the tools and weapons I will absolutely be downloading this. It just seems so light hearted and enjoyable, I don't think I'd be able to resist. Balancing issues might rise up but with dedication to your add-on I believe you will be able to spot them and refine where needed.
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

orangeweaver wrote:Lmao! Panda how I love you!

All I'm going to say is this gives me that giddy adventure / inventiveness feeling of being deep behind enemy lines with imagination as a child.

If you can tie this in with BTW, use automations / items / blocks to play a part in the tools and weapons I will absolutely be downloading this. It just seems so light hearted and enjoyable, I don't think I'd be able to resist. Balancing issues might rise up but with dedication to your add-on I believe you will be able to spot them and refine where needed.
I guess I'm with Orange on this one. I'm not going to discuss balancing issues because frankly I'm not clever with that kind of thing, but it does make sense that Steve at some stage has the desire to create things that are a bit more... quirky :) (Gimp suits, anyone?)

The guy has the power to harvest souls, take on legions of monsters and build pretty much anything he desires, it makes sense that he would at some stage build things which are slightly more crazy/creepy. All that time alone! Sure these ideas could use some polishing, but I really like the direction of thought - a weird Steve experimenting further with what the world has to offer.

So yeah, I think this has potential, do keep thinking Panda :)
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
Panda

Post by Panda »

As a small update Raust and I are going to be working together on this project, right now were discussing balancing things out. : )
Never say no to Panda.
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

These sound fun!

The only thought I had was for the wind cannon. When I fire it I think it should knock me backwards as well unless I am holding shift.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Panda wrote:As a small update Raust and I are going to be working together on this project, right now were discussing balancing things out. : )
Excellent. Oh so excellent.

*Puts on rubber boots, bucket helmet, breaks stick*

Let's do this!
Panda

Re: Panda and Raust's BTW Addon Rough Draft.

Post by Panda »

Texture sheet is done:
Never say no to Panda.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

Nice. I am liking the gun, bullet and drill quite a lot. \o/
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Why doesn't this air cannon incorporate a bellows and a mechanism for powering said bellows? Using magic to explain its properties when there is a mechanical option right there makes it seem sillier than it needs to be
Better is the enemy of Good
Panda

Post by Panda »

DaveYanakov wrote:Why doesn't this air cannon incorporate a bellows and a mechanism for powering said bellows? Using magic to explain its properties when there is a mechanical option right there makes it seem sillier than it needs to be
the reason it does not incorporate a bellow is because it is not a bellow, bellows blow feathers, this blows enemies and even you, pun intended. Im aware it seems like it has similar mechanics to a bellow, which is why it uses crafting materials similar a bellow. Its ment to be an airzooka with harvested souls inside that blow you mad good. And I know its silly, im Silly tada sparkle. : )
p.s. im suprised you find this silly, you know theres a cake sword right?
Never say no to Panda.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Panda wrote:
DaveYanakov wrote:Why doesn't this air cannon incorporate a bellows and a mechanism for powering said bellows? Using magic to explain its properties when there is a mechanical option right there makes it seem sillier than it needs to be
the reason it does not incorporate a bellow is because it is not a bellow, bellows blow feathers, this blows enemies and even you, pun intended. Im aware it seems like it has similar mechanics to a bellow, which is why it uses crafting materials similar a bellow. Its ment to be an airzooka with harvested souls inside that blow you mad good. And I know its silly, im Silly tada sparkle. : )
Wait, it's NOT going to use bellows in the recipe?

...Are you committed to that?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Panda

Post by Panda »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
Panda wrote:
Wait, it's NOT going to use bellows in the recipe?

...Are you committed to that?
Yes because this uses more resources then the bellows, it used similar items to it though, its made to be handheld and much harder to craft then a bellows. I mean for the sake of simplicity we could add a bellows to the reciepe if it makes sense, but have you checked the recipe i made in the first post?
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Post by Panda »

Actually better idea, since we're a team ide like to get your opinion on how it should be crafted. : )
Never say no to Panda.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Panda is this working towards your Gurren Lagann mod idea?
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Hey Panda,

Can we have upgrades to the Giga Drill? Perhaps Giga Drill>Giga Drill Breaker>Giga Drill Maximum? :DDDDD
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

I miiiiiight want this purely for the air cannon. That sounds like too much fun.
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

Rianaru wrote:Hey Panda,

Can we have upgrades to the Giga Drill? Perhaps Giga Drill>Giga Drill Breaker>Giga Drill Maximum? :DDDDD
If you have to many upgrades the moon might turn into a giant space ship.
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Who the hell do you think we are!?
Challenge accepted
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Should´nt it be moved to the Btw Addons and Texturepacks addon section?
The mod sounds fun.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Panda

Post by Panda »

Wow i love all of you for getting the Gurren Lagann drill, you guys rock!
Im waiting to hear something from a certian Raust about his progres coding. : ) Put a bug in his ear about our mod :D
Never say no to Panda.