New Release! (BTW V3.72)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Ultionis

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.72)

Post by Ultionis »

Much thanks for the regular updates, and for making it all possible in the first place. A few months ago I was playing vMC, thinking: "As 'infinite' as this game is, I've done it all (sortof), what now?"

This mod revived a dying game.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Thanks for the release FC. Looking forward to part 1!
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Great update, FC, all the recent additions will keep us entertained in the wait for Part 1, although I am very excited :) Thanks FC! :)
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Oh shit how did I not notice this? Ways to obtain more decorative toys? Awesome! Good stuff as usual FC :)
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Thanks for the update !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Thanks for the update man, you put out updates faster than I can install them :P
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

Great update! can't wait for "Part 1"
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Thanks for all the thanks guys. Please also remember to thank Gil for the awesome idea with regards to farming mossy/cracked brick. He really did the hard part there in coming up with such a mechanism :)

Note: I've updated the link in the OP to a version (3.72b) that is pre-patched with the file I put out last night. I'm going this route instead of putting out another full release as I want to get to work on "Phase 1" as quickly as possible, and don't want to get caught-up in another update cycle.

If you've already downloaded the patch, there's no need to grab the new version, and if you grab 3.72b, there is no need to grab the patch. As mentioned last night, all this fixes is Buddy's ability to sense stone brick turning into the mossy or cracked varieties.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

FC, you should have seen Gil's reaction on the IRC earlier when he saw the release and notes :').
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

Thanks to flower for his awesome mod and gill for that awesome idea with the stones. :)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Automation of the stone/cracked bricks was easier than it seems at first, only a 1x3, 4high space required for each stone/cracked bricks, that's good news, it means I can have a lot more than I thought :)
Again, thanks for the continuous source of fun you provide us :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Automation of the stone/cracked bricks was easier than it seems at first, only a 1x3, 4high space required for each stone/cracked bricks, that's good news, it means I can have a lot more than I thought :)
Again, thanks for the continuous source of fun you provide us :)
Yeah, it shouldn't prove too difficult, but I definitely like the potential 'oops' factor, especially when dealing with lava suspended over what you want to harvest ;)

And you're welcome man! My apologies for not responding to the messages of thanks from everyone earlier. I got distracted by my fuck-up with Buddy last night, and now today I'm diving right into 'Phase 1'.

Just spent the last little while in-game extending my nether-rail network to the location of a new base to prepare for what's to come ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

FlowerChild wrote:Just spent the last little while in-game extending my nether-rail network to the location of a new base to prepare for what's to come ;)
You tease. ;)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

It's always nice to see yet another thing to automate, I've still got a lot of work to do and you just keep adding to the pile. =P Thanks!
BBlaze2

Post by BBlaze2 »

Does any one know the time it takes for the stone bricks to change? I've been playing with different ways to automate it but its slow because there seems to be no set time. Some times it takes five minutes others I left it sitting for a hour with no change. Just wondering.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Buddy block ;)
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: And you're welcome man! My apologies for not responding to the messages of thanks from everyone earlier. I got distracted by my fuck-up with Buddy last night, and now today I'm diving right into 'Phase 1'.

Just spent the last little while in-game extending my nether-rail network to the location of a new base to prepare for what's to come ;)
I'm super excited and curious to see what you're coming up with!
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

FlowerChild wrote:... and now today I'm diving right into 'Phase 1'.

Ohgodyes. I haven't been this excited for anything game-related in the past four years or so, mainly because I know that you won't dissapoint.
BBlaze2

Post by BBlaze2 »

Am I the only one that has a inconsitant time for stone bricks changing? I just want to know. Please? Could it be related to optifine? With the dripping turned on the stone bricks do change but the time is all over the place. From five minutes to an hour or not at all. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:And you're welcome man! My apologies for not responding to the messages of thanks from everyone earlier. I got distracted by my fuck-up with Buddy last night, and now today I'm diving right into 'Phase 1'.
:) can't wait.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

BBlaze2 wrote:Am I the only one that has a inconsitant time for stone bricks changing? I just want to know. Please? Could it be related to optifine? With the dripping turned on the stone bricks do change but the time is all over the place. From five minutes to an hour or not at all. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I believe the mossy cobble changes in the same way / I don't believe there is a set time.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

BBlaze2 wrote:Am I the only one that has a inconsitant time for stone bricks changing? I just want to know. Please? Could it be related to optifine? With the dripping turned on the stone bricks do change but the time is all over the place. From five minutes to an hour or not at all. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
That's by design. Use a buddy block to automate farming.
BBlaze2

Post by BBlaze2 »

I've got the automated part down, it works perfectly. The only issue I have is with the time it takes for the blocks to change. I didn't know if it was meant to be unpredictiable or not. I just wanted to make sure the new feature was working properly for me, or if I screwed it up some how with optifine. But if this is how its meant to work then its cool, thanks for the help.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

BBlaze2 wrote:I've got the automated part down, it works perfectly. The only issue I have is with the time it takes for the blocks to change. I didn't know if it was meant to be unpredictiable or not. I just wanted to make sure the new feature was working properly for me, or if I screwed it up some how with optifine. But if this is how its meant to work then its cool, thanks for the help.
Yes that is intended. It makes automation a bit more challenging. There are multiple solutions for the timing, if you search around the forums for mossy cobblestone designs, you will find some of the ways it can be done.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Though the timing for the cracked/mossy bricks seems a bit more random. I have 20 units set up already, and in 2-3hours, they produced from 2 to 14 bricks.
So a timer would be pretty unefficient. The Buddy Block is perfect here, but it uses more ressources ;)

(too much off-topic for ya FC ? If so, will move that talk somewhere else ;) )