TLW's Craftguide Plugins (v1.4)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
The Lone Wolfling

Re: TLW's Craftguide Plugins (Alpha v1.2)

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

nmarshall23 wrote:Awesome, you have saved me from coding up this myself.

Could you please add this to the wiki? I never saw your mod.
I am a failure at wiki-editing for the most part. I am debating as to if I should create a forum thread on the MCF, though (spiny mode: ENGAGE!)

Also, I have been informed that BTB recipes are not showing up on the anvil. (Thanks kaspermwh!) This has been noted, and hopefully will be corrected "soon". If there are any other errors or omissions not noted on the OP, please inform me.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Craftguide itself works fine in BTW 3.70 but BTWGuide and Buildguide does not :(

It must have something to do with the change in the stewing pot code.

EDIT: I meant to say, whenever you open the book the game chrashes
Corzan

Post by Corzan »

kaspermwh wrote:Craftguide itself works fine in BTW 3.70 but BTWGuide and Buildguide does not :(

It must have something to do with the change in the stewing pot code.

EDIT: I meant to say, whenever you open the book the game chrashes
Confirmed, BTWGuide doesn't work in BTW 3.70.
Here's the crash, LoneWolf.
Spoiler
Show
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: FCCraftingManagerBulkRecipe.getCopyOfOutputStack()Laan;
at theLoneWolfling.BTWGuide.FCCraftingManagerBulkProxy.getRecipes(FCCraftingManagerBulkProxy.java:35)
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.generateRecipes(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:87)
at CraftGuide.RecipeCache.generateRecipes(RecipeCache.java:128)
at CraftGuide.RecipeCache.reset(RecipeCache.java:38)
at CraftGuide.RecipeCache.<init>(RecipeCache.java:33)
at CraftGuide.GuiCraftGuide.<init>(GuiCraftGuide.java:30)
at CraftGuide.GuiCraftGuide.getInstance(GuiCraftGuide.java:41)
at CraftGuide.ItemCraftGuide.a(ItemCraftGuide.java:22)
at aan.a(SourceFile:98)
at ki.a(SourceFile:54)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(SourceFile:1253)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1561)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:719)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:671)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Claim to fame: HCS before HCS was ever a thing
The Lone Wolfling

Crashing? This shall not be allowed.
Blazara

Post by Blazara »

My game crashes as well, however, I never get to view an error report, I get the "Saving Chunks" screen and then the game closes :/ I was thinking that it may be an issue with using BTB; I gathered this as the old gear recipe shows in the craftguide without the BTW guide + Build Guide. Perhaps it's something to do with the book attempting to display several recipes made in two different stations?
Blazara wrote: I, am a BETTERTHANwolfaboo.
The Lone Wolfling

Blazara wrote:My game crashes as well, however, I never get to view an error report, I get the "Saving Chunks" screen and then the game closes :/ I was thinking that it may be an issue with using BTB; I gathered this as the old gear recipe shows in the craftguide without the BTW guide + Build Guide. Perhaps it's something to do with the book attempting to display several recipes made in two different stations?
Nope, the issue (that I know of, at least), is that when the bow deconstruction recipe was added, the output format of the recipes was changed from only a single item to allowing multiple items. BTWGuide was still attempting to reference the recipes output via the old method, which no longer exists, and, due to sloppy coding on my part, instead of complaining and just skipping that portion of the recipes (which hopefully it will now do), it just crashed outright.

In related news, BTWGuide is now updated to v1.3, which should be compatible with BTW 3.7. Also, it should be more robust, so that in future it will just complain if a module could not be loaded instead of crashing outright.
HighMongrel

Re: TLW's Craftguide Plugins (Alpha v1.3)

Post by HighMongrel »

Not sure if it's just me, but it still seems to crash, though on start up now instead of when opening the book. Here's the crash report.
Spoiler
Show
--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 380650ad --------
Generated 07/06/12 1:17 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_30, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series version 3.3.11566 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CraftGuide/API/ICraftGuideRecipe$ICraftGuideRecipe$ItemSlot
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.makeSlots(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:65)
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.<init>(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:58)
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.<init>(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:34)
at theLoneWolfling.BTWGuide.CauldronRecipes.<init>(CauldronRecipes.java:14)
at mod_BTWGuide.load(mod_BTWGuide.java:28)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: CraftGuide.API.ICraftGuideRecipe$ICraftGuideRecipe$ItemSlot
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 12 more
--- END ERROR REPORT 5ae93cb9 ----------
DumbassTurtle

Post by DumbassTurtle »

HighMongrel wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but it still seems to crash, though on start up now instead of when opening the book. Here's the crash report.
-crash report-
You are not alone, I got the same crash report.
Eh something, something...
The Lone Wolfling

HighMongrel wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but it still seems to crash, though on start up now instead of when opening the book. Here's the crash report.
Spoiler
Show
--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 380650ad --------
Generated 07/06/12 1:17 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_30, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series version 3.3.11566 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CraftGuide/API/ICraftGuideRecipe$ICraftGuideRecipe$ItemSlot
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.makeSlots(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:65)
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.<init>(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:58)
at theLoneWolfling.CraftGuide.TLWCraftGuidePage.<init>(TLWCraftGuidePage.java:34)
at theLoneWolfling.BTWGuide.CauldronRecipes.<init>(CauldronRecipes.java:14)
at mod_BTWGuide.load(mod_BTWGuide.java:28)
at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
at ahu.<init>(ahu.java:77)
at ahu.<clinit>(ahu.java:8)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:657)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: CraftGuide.API.ICraftGuideRecipe$ICraftGuideRecipe$ItemSlot
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
... 12 more
--- END ERROR REPORT 5ae93cb9 ----------
Derp. Fixed (hopefully?)
DumbassTurtle

Post by DumbassTurtle »

The Lone Wolfling wrote:Derp. Fixed (hopefully?)
Just fired it up and tested it works beautifully! Thank you! Been stalking this thread since BTW updated and broke the guide, so happy dance!
Eh something, something...
Toyi

Re: TLW's Craftguide Plugins (Alpha v1.3b)

Post by Toyi »

Thanks indeed man, I was eager to check this out and get rid of having the wiki in another tab.

I feel pretty stupid now, because after checking the guide I have just learned that you can render planks into potash, I always believed it was only possible to do so with logs or sawdust, darn it, I used the excess of planks mostly as construction material or as fuel for my old furnace...

*goes to throw 92 stacks of bloodwood planks to the stewing pot and make some potash!*

edit: well, there's a little bug and in fact, you can't create potash from bloodwood planks, will check the bug forum to report it if somebody else hasn't.

edit 2: I noticed every recipe of BTW and their add-ons seem to be supported, except in the Anvil section, it only shows the "vanilla" BTW recipes (Better then Buildcraft's steel gears, engines and obsidian pipes, the metalworks additions of kaos78414's deco add-on, etc. are not shown), but the stewing pot and crucible sections show all their recipes. Could you please look into it?
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
The Lone Wolfling

DumbassTurtle wrote:
Spoiler
Show
The Lone Wolfling wrote:Derp. Fixed (hopefully?)
Just fired it up and tested it works beautifully! Thank you! Been stalking this thread since BTW updated and broke the guide, so happy dance!
Stalker :p
Also, yay for it actually working!
Toyi wrote:Thanks indeed man, I was eager to check this out and get rid of having the wiki in another tab.
Thank you!
Toyi wrote: I feel pretty stupid now, because after checking the guide I have just learned that you can render planks into potash, I always believed it was only possible to do so with logs or sawdust, darn it, I used the excess of planks mostly as construction material or as fuel for my old furnace...
One learns something new every day! Also, on a related note for all those wondering, as you can see earlier in the thread, it's actually a little iffy as to what recipes should be included. Currently it grabs the recipes from the mod, however as such it means that it is effectively impossible to "censor" recipes without advanced notice of upcoming BTW releases. The only other option I could think of would be a whitelist style setup, and that would have multiple issues (sub-mods would not have recipes show up, and also quite frankly in that case I might as well just hard-code the recipes in.)
Toyi wrote: edit 2: I noticed every recipe of BTW and their add-ons seem to be supported, except in the Anvil section, it only shows the "vanilla" BTW recipes (Better then Buildcraft's steel gears, engines and obsidian pipes, the metalworks additions of kaos78414's deco add-on, etc. are not shown), but the stewing pot and crucible sections show all their recipes. Could you please look into it?
Looked into it, finally. (Details follow for those interested, spoilered.) Hopefully it is working now.
Spoiler
Show
Internally, BTW stores all the Anvil recipes, shaped and unshaped, in a single list. However, due to the current architecture of BTWGuide, BTWGuide needs a separate list of recipes for each background used. As such, it iterates through the BTW recipes once, and generates an internal cache of both the shaped and unshaped recipes, instead of iterating through the BTW recipes twice, and discarding the recipes that are unshaped (or shaped, the second iteration). However, I put the method to generate the cache into the section of the code that is run when BTWGuide first loads. As such, there was no guarantee that other sub-mobs (BTB, etc.) had added their recipes when BTWGuide cached them.
In related news, I have updated to BTWGuide v1.4.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Toyi wrote:bloodwood planks
unfortunately, we don't yet have bloodwood planks; bloodwood just converts to jungle planks.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Toyi

Post by Toyi »

The Lone Wolfling wrote: One learns something new every day!
Well, to be fair with myself, I went to check the BTW wiki to see if I just completely missed that bit of info, but nope, it says nothing about planks to potash (6:1), and in fact you can also render sidings (12:1), mouldings (24:1) and corners (48:1) too. It would be nice if someone could add it.
The Lone Wolfling wrote: Looked into it, finally. (Details follow for those interested, spoilered.) Hopefully it is working now.
[snip]
In related news, I have updated to BTWGuide v1.4.
Just tested and it works like a charm, thanks!
The great randomo wrote: unfortunately, we don't yet have bloodwood planks; bloodwood just converts to jungle planks.
I know there are not "bloodwood planks" sensu stricto, but since when you cut bloodwood logs with the saw (or in the crafting table) and get reddish planks, thats what I mean when I say "bloodwood planks".

btw, at this moment you cannot render any planks other than oak (the default ones) in a stocked stewing pot, FC said it's fixed for the next release.
dawnraider wrote: Ah, yes. I always love gathering info through violence ;) Anyways, nice job on starting this up!
Mr_ONI_man

Re: TLW's Craftguide Plugins (v1.4)

Post by Mr_ONI_man »

Thank you so much for this. I hated tabbing out every time I forgot a recipe.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

There is a bug that occurs when using BTW 3.91 with the Craftguide Plugin:
On rows no. ~290, there are 2 recipes for smelting a Soulforged Steel Block back into 16 Steel.

It might be a bug with the add-on, but It can also be related to the new SFS Block features.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Itamarcu wrote:There is a bug that occurs when using BTW 3.91 with the Craftguide Plugin:
On rows no. ~290, there are 2 recipes for smelting a Soulforged Steel Block back into 16 Steel.

It might be a bug with the add-on, but It can also be related to the new SFS Block features.
Not a bug; there's two versions of SFS blocks - the no-longer-obtainable version that was just a storage block, and the current version that has the special features.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Ah, that explains why it doesn't have a crafting recipe. Thanks.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Since the lone wolfling hasn't been back since june, does anyone know of a craftguide or recipe book plugin that works with btw? Don't get me wrong, I love the wiki, but when I'm sans internet, it's kinda hard to remember some of the new/lesser used recipes...
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
icedale

Post by icedale »

DocHussey wrote:Since the lone wolfling hasn't been back since june, does anyone know of a craftguide or recipe book plugin that works with btw? Don't get me wrong, I love the wiki, but when I'm sans internet, it's kinda hard to remember some of the new/lesser used recipes...
I'm with you on this one. I hate this to be my first post, but as a new BTW player it'll be a while till I know all recipes by memory and I still spend a great part of my game time on the wiki. Something that could tell me the recipes when I don't have internet (which happens a bit often) would be very welcome. I suppose I could write them down with pen & paper or print them (which I would, if my printer had any ink :p) but something ingame wouldn't break immersion as much and I wouldn't have to carry extra papers or noteblocks with my laptop. I'd also like to know if something similar is available.
"And they both savored the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who are only ignorant of ordinary things."