Working compatibility between BTW and Yogbox

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
christonian

Working compatibility between BTW and Yogbox

Post by christonian »

Just downgraded and thought it would be perfect to have a thread explaining how to have the Ultimate SP Minecraft experience

I remember seeing somewhere on the old forum that they are compatible

I think it had something to do with the BTWconfig

here is the link I booked marked when I saw the post just want to see if it is still relevant???

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ak_gara/BTWConfig.txt

Thieme wrote:
It has always been Flower stance to not have the mod be allowed to be included in any modpack Yogbox was not different although i could imagine Flower having a small doubt because he liked the Yogcast video.

From what i have read (and if i remember that correctly) Flower and Yogscast are talking about a possible compatibility patch. This will mean that users of Yogbox have to separately download (a special version of) Better Than Wolves.

Just keep an eye out on any progress i am sure Flower will make a post when there is any change.

This is correct

FC is in talks and on good terms with Yogcast and are in talks to have a compatible patch so they can be played together

I know FC will never put BTW in Yogbox or anything like that because he wants to control the distribution of his mod and I dont blame him

This thread is more for people that have already completed a compatibility of their own by trial and error or for ideas on how it can be completed as to help FC in the process of getting it done
Last edited by christonian on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urian

Re: Working compatibility between BTW and Yogbox

Post by Urian »

christonian wrote:Just downgraded and thought it would be perfect to have a thread explaining how to have the Ultimate SP Minecraft experience

I remember seeing somewhere on the old forum that they are compatible

I think it had something to do with the BTWconfig

here is the link I booked marked when I saw the post just want to see if it is still relevant???

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ak_gara/BTWConfig.txt
It depends, has there been any changes to yogbox? I've read both that they're compatible with some changes to the blockIDs (230 and 234 I think, both have been changed in that file although I'm not certain if the itemIDs need to be changed as well) and that there are some other incompatibilities with some of the yogbox mods. I'd say your best bet is to make backups of your save(s) and bin-folder and then test it. Be warned though that there might be conflicts not obvious at first, e.g. entity conflicts.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
christonian

Post by christonian »

Yes I know going to be pretty much trial and error until there is a compatibility patch or something like that

If anybody got these to work and please post the process and I will update my original post so it does not get buried if this thread gets long
tundragrass

Post by tundragrass »

WELL the problem is the Yognaughts have broken rule 3. They pissed off Flowerchild. They spammed and spammed the fourms until he said he will NEVER make it part of the yogbox. Lewis is still trying to get him to change his mind but honestly. Flower is pretty stubbern when it comes to this mod. Xd
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

tundragrass wrote:WELL the problem is the Yognaughts have broken rule 3. They pissed off Flowerchild. They spammed and spammed the fourms until he said he will NEVER make it part of the yogbox. Lewis is still trying to get him to change his mind but honestly. Flower is pretty stubbern when it comes to this mod. Xd
i thought it was their public relations, Hannah, i could be wrong though, and also it is NEVER going into a mod pack, especially not the yogbox after its fans reacted after being told no just once
Thieme

Post by Thieme »

It has always been Flower stance to not have the mod be allowed to be included in any modpack Yogbox was not different although i could imagine Flower having a small doubt because he liked the Yogcast video.

From what i have read (and if i remember that correctly) Flower and Yogscast are talking about a possible compatability patch. This will mean that users of Yogbox have to seperatly download (a special version of) Better Than Wolves.

Just keep an eye out on any progress i am sure Flower will make a post when there is any change.
christonian

Post by christonian »

Thieme wrote:It has always been Flower stance to not have the mod be allowed to be included in any modpack Yogbox was not different although i could imagine Flower having a small doubt because he liked the Yogcast video.

From what i have read (and if i remember that correctly) Flower and Yogscast are talking about a possible compatability patch. This will mean that users of Yogbox have to seperatly download (a special version of) Better Than Wolves.

This is correct

FC is in talks and on good terms with Yogcast and are in talks to have a compatible patch so they can be played together

I know FC will never put BTW in Yogbox or anything like that because he wants to control the distribution of his mod and I dont blame him

This thread is more for people that have already completed a compatibility of their own by trial and error or for ideas on how it can be completed as to help FC in the process of getting it done