GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.41 / Sorry for Wait)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (BTB/Vat/and RBD Tools Suppo

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Gah, Ignore the edit above. Im an idiot.

It is entirely my fault. When I pasted the items together I did it one pixel off, hence the floating bit and the blade being wider. Ill reupload a fixed version in a sec

EDIT: Fixed the problems :). Hobo, when you next update Id thought Id let you know that your soul urn (with souls) is 1 pixel lower than it should, therefore cutting into the refined axe.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Fixed the Soul Urn for future updates. Thanks for the tip. =D

Got at least one item done tonight, the Armor Plate:
Spoiler
Show
I'll try for some more in the morning.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
JesterxMailMan89

Ah, so you haven't disappeared. I was actually gonna do items tomorrow if you didn't show up. Im glad your back :)

Thanks for the plate, Ill add that in right now. Tomorrow Im gonna start on the Deco Add-On to keep me occupied.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Added support for Raust's Tools (because it is amazing) and it took at least a whole night's worth of editing. Most of the textures were easy to put together but the kukri was nearly built from scratch and the Mason pick is about five different tools combined. Hope you enjoy and please leave feedback :)
They look amazing! Thanks a ton! I'm considering using this, but I'm worried that it would seem really weird with the other mods I use :(
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Added support for Raust's Tools (because it is amazing) and it took at least a whole night's worth of editing. Most of the textures were easy to put together but the kukri was nearly built from scratch and the Mason pick is about five different tools combined. Hope you enjoy and please leave feedback :)
They look amazing! Thanks a ton! I'm considering using this, but I'm worried that it would seem really weird with the other mods I use :(
I'm very glad you like them :)

What other mods do you plan on using? If you want I could maybe make textures for them (especially if this involves your Lp ;) ) so they don't look odd. Right now I'm just waiting on Hobo for the items and on Glimmar for his updated GUI. I was gonna start on the BTW deco Add-On tonight but I don't have anything set in stone.

Thanks again for the compliment, I really enjoy your mods!
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:

What other mods do you plan on using? If you want I could maybe make textures for them (especially if this involves your Lp ;) ) so they don't look odd. Right now I'm just waiting on Hobo for the items and on Glimmar for his updated GUI. I was gonna start on the BTW deco Add-On tonight but I don't have anything set in stone.

If you're willing to do that, that would be amazing!

Here's the list of mods I currently use, but I'm considering dropping better dungeons for the LP, so if you decide to do this, I wouldn't worry about that one unless you really want to :)

*Better Than Wolves
*Kaos's add-on
*Doggy Talents
*MagiCats
*Simply Horses
*RBDTools (with BTW expansion)
*Better Dungeons
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
JesterxMailMan89 wrote:

If you're willing to do that, that would be amazing!

Here's the list of mods I currently use, but I'm considering dropping better dungeons for the LP, so if you decide to do this, I wouldn't worry about that one unless you really want to :)

*Better Than Wolves
*Kaos's add-on
*Doggy Talents
*MagiCats
*Simply Horses
*RBDTools (with BTW expansion)
*Better Dungeons
That's quite the list! I see your using the Deco Add-On so I can still work on that tonight. I'm on my iPad right now and don't have access to the access to the fles of your mods so could you please tell me how many files there are for each in terms of blocks, mobs, and items? You don't have to of course, I can check when I get home, but I'd like to know before hand so I can schedule my time.

Depending on when you want them by I can't guarantee everything will be done but I will keep working on them till they are all completely done.
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Depending on when you want them by I can't guarantee everything will be done but I will keep working on them till they are all completely done.
Oh no rush, I'll use vanilla textures until it's complete.

As for the other mods, Simply Horses adds around 6-8 items, Doggy Talents adds 10 items, two inventory GUIs and one block, and MagiCats adds 12 items (most of them are the same item with different symbols on them though, so it'll probably not be a pain).

the mobs I wouldn't worry about, since steampunk would probably mean they'd become robots, and I like the cuddly fluffy textures I currently have for them. If you have anything in mind that doesn't involve making them robots though, feel free, I'd love to see it, but it's not in any sense necessary in order for me to use the pack for the LP :)

I don't think Better Dungeons adds any new blocks or items, just mobs, so that should be good :)

Thanks again, this is so awesome of you to do this!
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Depending on when you want them by I can't guarantee everything will be done but I will keep working on them till they are all completely done.

As for the other mods, Simply Horses adds around 6-8 items, Doggy Talents adds 10 items, two inventory GUIs and one block, and MagiCats adds 12 items (most of them are the same item with different symbols on them though, so it'll probably not be a pain).

the mobs I wouldn't worry about, since steampunk would probably mean they'd become robots, and I like the cuddly fluffy textures I currently have for them. If you have anything in mind that doesn't involve making them robots though, feel free, I'd love to see it, but it's not in any sense necessary in order for me to use the pack for the LP :)

I don't think Better Dungeons adds any new blocks or items, just mobs, so that should be good :)

No problem man, I don't have anything better to do for the pack anyway! Just trying to cover as much ground as possible ( also trying to blow off making the GUI)

Ok then, considering I don't have to do mobs (don't have any ideas but robots) and the addition of the Deco Add-On, I think I can bang these textures out somewhere between 2-3 days or a week, depending on school. Are there any you would want done sooner than later? ones that show up earlier in the game? Id like to not hold you back when you do your Lp and let you start whenever you feel like, not waiting on me.
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:

No problem man, I don't have anything better to do for the pack anyway! Just trying to cover as much ground as possible ( also trying to blow off making the GUI)

Ok then, considering I don't have to do mobs (don't have any ideas but robots) and the addition of the Deco Add-On, I think I can bang these textures out somewhere between 2-3 days or a week, depending on school. Are there any you would want done sooner than later? ones that show up earlier in the game? Id like to not hold you back when you do your Lp and let you start whenever you feel like, not waiting on me.
I'm hoping to start the LP this friday afternoon, after I get off work (I came in on a sunday, so my boss is letting me off work early on friday as thanks), and the mods that usually show up first are Doggy Talents, then Simply Horses, with MagiCats being last, since it requires fancy nether materials. In fact, I'm betting that you could get away with not texturing MagiCats for like a week at the absolute minimum, it'll probably take even longer, unless I get obscenely lucky with finding my first nether fortress.

So yeah, this pack looks amazing, I'll definitely be using it, except I'll be re-organifying the roboticized vanilla critters from the base texture pack (I like cute animals, what can I say?).

Again, thanks a ton, and if there's anything I can do in return, please don't hesitate to let me know :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

Okay, I'll get to work on the Deco Add-On and the Doggy Talents mod tonight. I'm still unsteady when I make items so if you think my textures look terrible, please tell me. I would rather you cuss me out so I could make them better than lie and tell me they are amazing.

Regardless, I'll do my best and I hope you enjoy! I'm looking forward to your LP on Friday :)
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Okay, I'll get to work on the Deco Add-On and the Doggy Talents mod tonight. I'm still unsteady when I make items so if you think my textures look terrible, please tell me. I would rather you cuss me out so I could make them better than lie and tell me they are amazing.

Regardless, I'll do my best and I hope you enjoy! I'm looking forward to your LP on Friday :)
I'd never cuss you out, but I do think it's important to give constructive criticism so that my praise has more meaning, so you can count on me letting you know of any issues I have :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Okay, I'll get to work on the Deco Add-On and the Doggy Talents mod tonight. I'm still unsteady when I make items so if you think my textures look terrible, please tell me. I would rather you cuss me out so I could make them better than lie and tell me they are amazing.

I'd never cuss you out, but I do think it's important to give constructive criticism so that my praise has more meaning, so you can count on me letting you know of any issues I have :)
I guess that's what I meant by "cuss out" :p

Anyway, I'll post what I get through tonight and if ya feel like you can test it out for me to make sure nothing's off and it all flows (I really like textures when they flow together nicely). I plan on at LEAST getting the Deco blocks and half of Doggy talents done tonight (got to write a small interview tonight) but I most likely will get more done
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:

I guess that's what I meant by "cuss out" :p

Anyway, I'll post what I get through tonight and if ya feel like you can test it out for me to make sure nothing's off and it all flows (I really like textures when they flow together nicely). I plan on at LEAST getting the Deco blocks and half of Doggy talents done tonight (got to write a small interview tonight) but I most likely will get more done
Alright, sounds great! Just so you know, DT doesn't use any of the emblems besides the command (hunt) emblem anymore, so halt, march, attack and checkup aren't needed :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

Alright. Just got back and Im about to start on the Doggy Talents Items. For the emblems do I really only have to do the hunt emblem or what? Is there a reason why?

EDIT: Also, Im not gonna lie. Ive never used Doggy Talents and Im going to make my first take on the items solely based on the look of the defaults. If there is any one texture that I make that makes no sense Ill change it later if need be
Last edited by JesterxMailMan89 on Mon May 14, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Alright. Just got back and Im about to start on the Doggy Talents Items. For the emblems do I really only have to do the hunt emblem or what? Is there a reason why?
The command emblem, the one with the bow on it, is the only one you need to do. And that's because I don't use the others anymore, they've been replaced by arrow key commands :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

Ok Thanks man, thats a whole 4 textures i don't have to do anymore woot!

EDIT: Quick question. The Xfood.png are a dog bowl correct? They certainly look like it!
RaustBlackDragon

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Ok Thanks man, thats a whole 4 textures i don't have to do anymore woot!

EDIT: Quick question. The Xfood.png are a dog bowl correct? They certainly look like it!
Yes, dog food bowl :)
Can you cut me a deal?
or a justice combo meal?
JesterxMailMan89

Gotcha. Actually, I might be able to get these done real fast! I was expecting pretty out of this world textures but most of these seem easy to put together. Might be done with all of Doggy Talents (at least what you need) in a couple of hours.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (V6 of Glimmar's Pack coming soo

Exciting news!

Glimmar will be releasing his newest version of his pack (V6) soon! This update will be pretty big and will involve both big and small changes to many of the blocks, items, gui, etc. in his pack. Ive included a link to Part 1 of his teaser video (Yeah, there is so much new stuff he needs to make two videos) below the images.

With this there will probably be many more alts for me to screw with and make textures with for the mods I am doing.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Big Update and another one comi

Okay Guys Im back!

Ive added support for Doggy Talents and Simply Horses per the request of RaustBlackDragon and will be doing more within the next few days (hopefully tomorrow).

Also I have updated the pack to V3.71 of BTW! However, I couldn't test the Dragon orb texture because I couldn't get them to spawn in the first place! I have no idea why they weren't spawning (was killing them from drops and with saws). So if someone could send me a pic of the texture in game, that would be great.

Thanks Guys :)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Also I have updated the pack to V3.71 of BTW! However, I couldn't test the Dragon orb texture because I couldn't get them to spawn in the first place! I have no idea why they weren't spawning (was killing them from drops and with saws). So if someone could send me a pic of the texture in game, that would be great.
Optifine and smartmove both overwrite a base class that is essential for dragon orbs to spawn, that may be your problem
JesterxMailMan89

BinoAl wrote:
JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Also I have updated the pack to V3.71 of BTW! However, I couldn't test the Dragon orb texture because I couldn't get them to spawn in the first place! I have no idea why they weren't spawning (was killing them from drops and with saws). So if someone could send me a pic of the texture in game, that would be great.
Optifine and smartmove both overwrite a base class that is essential for dragon orbs to spawn, that may be your problem
Thanks for the quick reply! Ill try removing Optifine right now. It was really bugging me not being able to spawn them.
JesterxMailMan89

Added support for Magicats and Deco Add-On.

Raust, your order is now complete :) Sorry it took so long to get done.

With those out of the way Im going to focus now on the items for BTW since TheHoboHunted seems to have stopped.

Back to Photoshop!
TheHoboHunted

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Moving back to BTW items)

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Yeah, I derped out. Sorry about that dude.

From what I can see though, you totally got this. :D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)