GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.41 / Sorry for Wait)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
TheHoboHunted

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (Blocks 100% Done!)

Post by TheHoboHunted »

I got the refined tools man, don't worry about that. I just didn't want to start them with the limited time I had this morning, so I stuck to simpler fair. I plan on digging in deep this evening. Hope it all goes accordingly. :D

[Edit] Oh lord I just remembered the gimp suit... So much fun tonight.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
JesterxMailMan89

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

embirrim wrote:I have to admit, you have kept very faithfull to the steampunk textures, it blends very nicely. I will give this a try as soon as you release it. Good job man, and keep up the good work!
Thank you for the praise :)

Although the reason this pack is so faithful to the original is because it was made from textures Glimmar made himself. I (and a few others) just copy/pasted them together in different ways. And btw, you can just use "Save as" to get the file for now! Im not planning on putting up an actual download link till at lead the items are finished, which may take awhile. Hope you enjoy it whenever you try it out ^^

EDIT: Woooooo! Page 2!
Last edited by JesterxMailMan89 on Tue May 01, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JesterxMailMan89

TheHoboHunted wrote:I got the refined tools man, don't worry about that. I just didn't want to start them with the limited time I had this morning, so I stuck to simpler fair. I plan on digging in deep this evening. Hope it all goes accordingly. :D

[Edit] Oh lord I just remembered the gimp suit... So much fun tonight.
Wow, you made it sound like you were doing like just a few, now you sound like your doing half or more (ok maybe a bit much)! Im glad your taking on the tools because that was the one thing I was unsure I could do. I should really put a credits or something on the post so its more obvious you are contributing a lot! I think Ill actually take a crack then on the gui and wait for your progress. Good luck!
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Wow, you made it sound like you were doing like just a few, now you sound like your doing half or more (ok maybe a bit much)! Im glad your taking on the tools because that was the one thing I was unsure I could do. I should really put a credits or something on the post so its more obvious you are contributing a lot! I think Ill actually take a crack then on the gui and wait for your progress. Good luck!
Hm, I did kind of just insert myself into your project. I do apologize. I just got excited.

Honestly, I was just going to go through and do as many as I could and just let you cherry pick the ones you liked.

Oh and here's an update on the tools:
Spoiler
Show
Pretty much just recolors with minor edits.

The Refined Ax is also done, just not in the shot. So I only have the Refined Sword and Mattock left to do. Should be done in a couple hours.

And ya know? I could also hit the animations for the Mattock and Battle Ax after I'm done if ya want.

Lemme know what ya think. :D
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
JesterxMailMan89

TheHoboHunted wrote:
Spoiler
Show
JesterxMailMan89 wrote: Wow, you made it sound like you were doing like just a few, now you sound like your doing half or more (ok maybe a bit much)! Im glad your taking on the tools because that was the one thing I was unsure I could do. I should really put a credits or something on the post so its more obvious you are contributing a lot! I think Ill actually take a crack then on the gui and wait for your progress. Good luck!
Hm, I did kind of just insert myself into your project. I do apologize. I just got excited.

Honestly, I was just going to go through and do as many as I could and just let you cherry pick the ones you liked.

Oh and here's an update on the tools:

-snip-

Pretty much just recolors with minor edits.

The Refined Ax is also done, just not in the shot. So I only have the Refined Sword and Mattock left to do. Should be done in a couple hours.

And ya know? I could also hit the animations for the Mattock and Battle Ax after I'm done if ya want.

Lemme know what ya think. :D
No problem man, Im actually kind of relieved that you came along :D. I was pretty worried about my ability to do the items and was thinking about asking for help any way so there's absolutely no worries!

I love the edits on the tools btw, they look amazing. Although the dark soul forged steel contrast with the block texture, but I might leave the block texture because there is no real "clean" steel texture in Glimmar's TP yet. And if you could do the animations that would just make my day man, I wanted to implement that eventually but like I said I was just terrified of making the tools in the first place. No need to rush though ;)

Im currently working on a little tour world for a showoff video for the TP but if you keep working this fast I might wait till at least the tools are finished!

Thanks again man, you've been a big help!
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Mmkay, here's what I have so far of the Items.png:
Spoiler
Show
Sorry, but no animations just yet. The day finally caught up with me.

Looking forward to the video man. I think I'm done for the night. Tomorrow's another story though. :D
JesterxMailMan89

TheHoboHunted wrote:Mmkay, here's what I have so far of the Items.png:

-snip-

Sorry, but no animations just yet. The day finally caught up with me.

Looking forward to the video man. I think I'm done for the night. Tomorrow's another story though. :D
Thanks a lot man, I love how they turned out! I think I can do the rest if you don't feel like it but I'll leave that up to you :). I think Ill finish that world after I finish this essay (bunch of fun) and use the items for it. Hopefully it can be up either by tonight or tomorrow morning, we will see.

Thanks again man

EDIT: Do you mind if I throw up the item textures (with battosays as placeholders) so that people can use em?

EDIT EDIT: Gah, Ive become so worried about stealing people's stuff I have to keep asking, but you said I could use it so Ill throw it up for now
TheHoboHunted

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (Download Link now up)

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Got an update for the Items:
Spoiler
Show

Added:
Gear
Glue
Tallow
Haft
Ground Netherrack
Hellfire Dust
Concentrated Hellfire
SFS Helm
SFS Chest
SFS Legs
SFS Boots
Boiled Egg
Potash
Soap
Fun stuff. I'm kinda iffy on the gear though... Still might add a few more things yet today, just thought I'd pass this along.

Think I might hit the SFS Armor skin next. :D

[EDIT] Oh look, SFS Armor to wear:
Spoiler
Show
I still haven't tried any of this out for myself. I plan on doing that when I get home later. In the meantime, give it a test run. ;D
JesterxMailMan89

TheHoboHunted wrote:Got an update for the Items:
Spoiler
Show

Added:
Gear
Glue
Tallow
Haft
Ground Netherrack
Hellfire Dust
Concentrated Hellfire
SFS Helm
SFS Chest
SFS Legs
SFS Boots
Boiled Egg
Potash
Soap
Fun stuff. I'm kinda iffy on the gear though... Still might add a few more things yet today, just thought I'd pass this along.

Think I might hit the SFS Armor skin next. :D

[EDIT] Oh look, SFS Armor to wear:
Spoiler
Show
I still haven't tried any of this out for myself. I plan on doing that when I get home later. In the meantime, give it a test run. ;D
Wow your just speeding through this stuff! I wish I could see them but atm I can't see the images, on iPad right now, but as soon as I get back I'll load it up and tell ya if they are amazing or amazing. Can't wait to see this stuff!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

So when I download this, do I drop your folder into the glimmerpunk texture folder?
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
JesterxMailMan89

TheAnarchitect wrote:So when I download this, do I drop your folder into the glimmerpunk texture folder?
Yes. If the download worked you should get a folder called "btwmodtex". I have my computer set to automatically unzip files so when I download it it's already a folder, however if it's a zip just unzip it and then drop it in the TP folder.

Hope this clears things up
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Yes, thank you.

I would suggest adding a readme to the download. It never hurts to have an instruction manual.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
JesterxMailMan89

TheAnarchitect wrote:Yes, thank you.

I would suggest adding a readme to the download. It never hurts to have an instruction manual.
Yeah I was thinkng about that before I left this morning, I'll add one when I get home.

I just figured that since this was the official forums for the mod that it would be kind of obvious. Actually, now that I think about it, the only custom textures for BTW come in another complete TPs, like Battosay's, so I should explain how to use the textures.

Ill add a section in the first post for now until I get home
JesterxMailMan89

Just updated the front post with the new version of the items and plate armor, give your opinions please!

Hobo, loving the new textures man they are looking real good ;). And the gear looks fine BUT you should probably shrink its size so it doesn't take up the whole slot. If you don't feel like it I could do it but thats up to you, thanks for the work as always :). Im FINALLY going to start up the gui tonight, hadn't had the chance as of yet.

My Demo world is nearing completion as well, its just a little place to tour the blocks but Im making it pretty and fancy looking.
JesterxMailMan89

Ok I got some bad news about the gui.

I had originally planned to do some more cut and paste along with photoshop coloring, desaturation, blending etc. However.... Glimmar's guis are so friggin detailed that its almost impossible to copy or paste anything without some vital part missing or accidentally copying something out of place. I am going to keep trying of course (working on the anvil atm) but Im not sure how well this is going to work. Just a heads up.

If anyone knows how to actually make custom guis that would be great but Im sure I could work something out.
Starshifterxen

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (Video now up!)

Post by Starshifterxen »

Really like how this pack is coming on. Great work!

The steel armor is a thing of beauty :)

Oh and robot animals freak me the hell out.
JesterxMailMan89

Starshifterxen wrote:Really like how this pack is coming on. Great work!

The steel armor is a thing of beauty :)

Oh and robot animals freak me the hell out.
Thanks for the praise :)

The steel armor did turn out great! Im really liking how Hobo is working with the items, he's doing a great job. And I just love walking around with an army of robot felines scaring off exploding automons, and then blowing up robot wolves (of course!) Seeing the metal fly into the air is one funny sight.
JesterxMailMan89

Just found out that Glimmar has changed most of his gui to fit for his new custom font :/

I guess I will wait for the new gui before I make a serious effort on the gui for BTW. Hopefully his new gui will be easier to deal with but we shall see. Hobo Ill wait to hear from you tomorrow but if your not on or you have something preoccupying you, Ill start finishing the items myself unless you have objections.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

I've been a little sick lately, but here's an update for the Items:
Spoiler
Show
Change Log:
Spoiler
Show
Added:
Hemp Seeds
Hemp (I must honestly admit this is heavily based on Battosay's Hemp Item.)
Hemp Fibers
Foul Food
Redstone Eye
Urn
Soul Urn
Not too much, but it's something. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out some more tomorrow. ;D

I want to mention that I've been tinkering with GUIs as well. I have nothing really worth showing at the moment, but it's definitely possible. I just haven't really invested the time required for the effort. Maybe sometime this weekend. Also might try and touch on the Animations for the Mattock and Battle Ax.
JesterxMailMan89

TheHoboHunted wrote:
Spoiler
Show
I've been a little sick lately, but here's an update for the Items:
Spoiler
Show
Change Log:
Spoiler
Show
Added:
Hemp Seeds
Hemp (I must honestly admit this is heavily based on Battosay's Hemp Item.)
Hemp Fibers
Foul Food
Redstone Eye
Urn
Soul Urn
Not too much, but it's something. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out some more tomorrow. ;D

I want to mention that I've been tinkering with GUIs as well. I have nothing really worth showing at the moment, but it's definitely possible. I just haven't really invested the time required for the effort. Maybe sometime this weekend. Also might try and touch on the Animations for the Mattock and Battle Ax.
Sorry for the late reply, just got through about 6 hours of testing. My mind is very much fried.

Lookin good as always man :). I really appreciate the help man, I just wish I had a little more skill with photoshop so I could mess with the gui better. I ind a realized I was trying to build completely custom guis from very small pieces and thats why it wasn't working :/. Should have gone with the KISS philosophy. However, Im gonna wait for his new gui and maybe you should as well. Its been awhile since he has worked on them and he's making it sound rather big so the current guis might not fit later on.

You do what you feel like doin though :) Its up to you in the end anyway. Thanks for the help again!
JesterxMailMan89

Managed to throw together a texture for the spout for BTB last night but my Internet was out :/

I'll be back in a few hours, on IPad right now, but just wanted people to know. Hobo (if you're out there) you still workin on items or should I take over? Not sure if you're just preoccupied or bored so just a heads up would be fine.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (BTB and Vat Support)

Ive included support for the Vat BTB Add-On and I think it turned out well. Im only undecided on the silver border for the vat because, while it matches the actual soul forged steel texture, it doesn't mesh terribly well with the vat itself or the rest of the pack
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk TP for BTW (BTB/Vat/and RBD Tools Suppo

Added support for Raust's Tools (because it is amazing) and it took at least a whole night's worth of editing. Most of the textures were easy to put together but the kukri was nearly built from scratch and the Mason pick is about five different tools combined. Hope you enjoy and please leave feedback :)
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

Been messing around with this on creative and I am very impressed. One or two little issues:
Spoiler
Show
The wicker block allows you to see through blocks beneath itImage
There's a weird floaty thing when you block with the battle axe, refined axe and refined pickaxeImage
Overall, however, I really like this pack.
JesterxMailMan89

Heilkaiba wrote:Been messing around with this on creative and I am very impressed. One or two little issues:
Spoiler
Show
The wicker block allows you to see through blocks beneath itImage
There's a weird floaty thing when you block with the battle axe, refined axe and refined pickaxeImage
Overall, however, I really like this pack.
Just tested with the wicker block, and you're right :/. Ive only ever put it on half slabs (kinda interesting that I never actually put it on a block) and it works fine if on them but they do see through the world otherwise. Im not sure what to do other than make the wicker block solid instead of transparent.

I never looked at the refined tools because Hobo had done them but Ill take a look at the tools. It might be that I screwed up on pasting them in with the defaults and they are all 1 pixel farther to the left than they need to be.

Thank you for the bugs, want this pack to be as good as possible :)

EDIT: Actually, I just tested with the refined tools, probably should have done so first, and I don't have your problem (except with the refined axe which I will fix). Your battle axe also looks a bit off (the actual blade tips are wider), do you have a glitch where the edge of your tools are weirdly pixelated? I believe it is caused by NEI or Optifine and it might be why yours is off