GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.41 / Sorry for Wait)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Updated V4.16)

Post by JesterxMailMan89 »

Anbaric wrote:Lol, Welcome back! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the GUI's
Thanks for the welcome back :)

I can't wait to see what I'll do either frankly! But Ill be trying to get something out this weekend :)
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (100% Complete! Woo!)

YES! YES! *Insane Laughter*

Once again I worked all night in delirium and it has payed off once more! Instead of doin each of the last 3 GUI one at a time like I planned, I did all 3 :) Please Enjoy guys while I go collapse into my bed.
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

This is brilliant, Glimmar's is the only texture pack I use and BTW the only mod so, perfect.

I've done a little varying myself, if you're interested I could upload a copy.

But either way, well done! (and Glimmar too of course)
JesterxMailMan89

Longlay wrote:This is brilliant, Glimmar's is the only texture pack I use and BTW the only mod so, perfect.

I've done a little varying myself, if you're interested I could upload a copy.

But either way, well done! (and Glimmar too of course)
Sorry for the late reply, been busy.

Thank you! If you have done anything I would appreciate a pm with what you have done :). I'll take help wherever I can!
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Back to Square One)

New update and Ive started redoing the blocks!

Thank you Longlay for your hard work! I actually ended up using quite a bit of your work and I appreciate what you've done, it not only has saved me plenty of work but had given me a few new ideas for the other blocks. Thanks again :)
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Thank you Longlay for your hard work! I actually ended up using quite a bit of your work and I appreciate what you've done, it not only has saved me plenty of work but had given me a few new ideas for the other blocks. Thanks again :)
Your quite welcome. And I'm liking that platform, I may ditch mine for yours!

If there are any blocks you wish to change , but which don't inspire you, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
JesterxMailMan89

Updated the Pack for 4.20. Also very sorry guys! I was enchanting today and suddenly remembered that I have an infernal enchanter! And then I realized my GUI was vanilla..... because I forgot to make one... Expect one to be ready for the next update!
Longlay wrote: Your quite welcome. And I'm liking that platform, I may ditch mine for yours!

If there are any blocks you wish to change , but which don't inspire you, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for the offer, I would appreciate any block dispenser designs you can make :)

Glad you enjoyed my work!
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.21)

Update to V4.21

I know I said the enchanter GUI would be ready by now but *insert typical excuse about Real Life getting in the way*

However, I WILL have it ready for the next update, I plan on doing another "work rush" this weekend.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.22)

Update to V4.22

I seriously apologize for the delay guys, I was up at my property and nowhere near technology. I really like how the barrel and powder keg came out but the Element is a pain to deal with! Ive been trying to figure out a nice blend of Tech and Magic but creativity just won't strike me ): Ive included the version that I have done so far, but it will definitely change.

Thanks for waiting
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

From my experience in steampunk reading, may I suggest some sort of crystal?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
JesterxMailMan89

A crystal could work, but I was hoping to maintain a techy looking item so that future blocks that use the Element could look like machines (e.g. the hibachi). Thanks for the tip though, ill keep it in mind :)
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.30)

Update to 4.30

So the Element has changed and I took the suggestion for a crystal (Thanks Rianaru!) and tried to build something from that. While I like it ALOT more than that crazy pile of mess I still think it needs a little something.

Also, I would appreciate some help :) Specifically with the Stoked fire animation and the Infernal Enchanter GUI. I have gotten the first frame of the animation done for the Stoked fire but I have been having serious trouble trying to make animations out of it, and the Infernal Enchanter GUI is hell, I cant get anything creative to come out of my head! Im still working on them so if no one offers they will be done regardless but due to time constraints (and being slightly burnt out) help would be VERY much appreciated

For those who may want it here is the first frame for the stoked fire: Image
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

JesterxMailMan89 wrote:Update to 4.30

So the Element has changed and I took the suggestion for a crystal (Thanks Rianaru!) and tried to build something from that. While I like it ALOT more than that crazy pile of mess I still think it needs a little something.

Also, I would appreciate some help :) Specifically with the Stoked fire animation and the Infernal Enchanter GUI. I have gotten the first frame of the animation done for the Stoked fire but I have been having serious trouble trying to make animations out of it, and the Infernal Enchanter GUI is hell, I cant get anything creative to come out of my head! Im still working on them so if no one offers they will be done regardless but due to time constraints (and being slightly burnt out) help would be VERY much appreciated

For those who may want it here is the first frame for the stoked fire: Image
Seriously wishing I could help, but the GUI of Glimmar's confounds me. And fire was always the hardest thing to draw for me, otherwise I'd have had a custom fire for Isabella ages ago...
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
JesterxMailMan89

Anbaric wrote: Seriously wishing I could help, but the GUI of Glimmar's confounds me. And fire was always the hardest thing to draw for me, otherwise I'd have had a custom fire for Isabella ages ago...
Yeah can't blame ya, Glimmar's GUI are amazing but are ridiculous to make new ones out of, I think I have done ok though. Fire is hard as well, Ive mostly been having trouble trying to make it all look continuos and not like a complete mess
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.34)

Update to V4.34

Okay guys, I'm really sorry. I have had NO time.The only reason this happened was because it was a real simple block, but future updates in the next weeks I dont know how fast I can update due to RL problems (school, working on property, etc.). Again, I am not stopping this pack, I just wont be able to maintain it as well as the summer days.

Once again, sorry for the trouble. Help is appreciated.
Anbaric

Post by Anbaric »

Yeah, school is a real time drain, especially with how little of it we actually use. :/

And all these little updates are pissing me off. Not because he's updating, but because it's only one new block/item added that I can't texture! It's like he's teasing me, "Ha ha! Your sister won't let you update, so I'm going to add a single new texture just to mock you! :3"

Disclaimer, I love the updates. Don't love the enforced no texturing...

And as for the help, as long as it's not something animated, and sis is at school, I'll do my best to help you. You definitely took on a challenge, Making textures based on Glimmar's, I kinda wussied out on that one. Isabella is simple compared to this.
Things about me.
Show
1: I hate all updates past 1.2.5. Server lag in SP?!?
2: I've never made it to SFS.
3:
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

I'm willing to help

I'm back at uni too, but I have some time. If you want to send me what you have for the enchanter gui I'll see what I can do.

Also I've been fiddling around with some 64x textures, I'll PM you
JesterxMailMan89

Thanks guys I appreciate the help
Anbaric wrote: And as for the help, as long as it's not something animated, and sis is at school, I'll do my best to help you. You definitely took on a challenge, Making textures based on Glimmar's, I kinda wussied out on that one. Isabella is simple compared to this.
Ha, Ive always felt Ive had it easier actually. Ive hardly ever made any actual 'custom' textures, more so Ive done really in depth copy pasting :). I have great respect for people who can make completely custom textures, I feel like I could never maintain this project if it weren't the sheer amount of alternate textures Glimmar has for me to draw creativity and basis from.
Longlay wrote:I'm willing to help

I'm back at uni too, but I have some time. If you want to send me what you have for the enchanter gui I'll see what I can do.

Also I've been fiddling around with some 64x textures, I'll PM you
Thanks Longlay, Ive sent you a pm about those.

About the enchanter guy, I actually have jack diddly for you. Mostly all the work Ive done is EXTREMELY rough drafting that I am not particularly fond of, just throwing idea around and failing to incorporate ideas. The main problem I am having is that I dont want to repeat machinery from previous GUI but most of it I have already used. It is times like these I wish Glimmar had the simple GUI most other TP's have, but Glimmar's GUI are simply too awesome to let me think that for long :)

Again, thanks guys. Im not sure when Ill have time too sit down and get the next major update out, but I will try my best to keep up with FlowerChild.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.37 / Moving to 64x

Update to V4.37

Okay finally got an update out!

First off, Longlay you are the MAN! Seriously, you have been a huge help and the infernal enchanter GUI was amazing, definitely better than what I had planned. Most of the new blocks are yours as well, I only edited a bit except for the gearbox, for that I added my flat face for the axle sides.

I still dont have a whole lot of time but having the GUI done is a serious load off my back, thanks :). Now I think the last thing to texture is the stoked flame!

Now for the upgrade to 64x64. Seeing as how Glimmar is now using 64x64 I have also made the jump so I can continue to use his work. However, this does not mean that all blocks and items will be upgaded to 64x64 any time soon or perhaps not at all. The ones I can assure you will be upgraded are all wood based blocks (i.e. hopper). Items most likely will be on the bottom of this list.
Longlay

Post by Longlay »

Glad you like it. I can't wait to see all this at 64x!

And I can't wait for Glimmar's marble, it's like he knows what we need!
JesterxMailMan89

Update to V4.38

Sorry for the delay guys, my computer was throwing a temper tantrum.

Quite a bit of upgrading for the more basic materials, and Im loving the new look. I always liked the look of the old gearbox but this new 'cleaner' version is making me really frickin happy :). Tell me what you guys think
Longlay wrote:Glad you like it. I can't wait to see all this at 64x!

And I can't wait for Glimmar's marble, it's like he knows what we need!
Haha, yeah it definetly seems that way doesnt it?
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.40)

Update to V4.40

Relatively quick update, I thought all the pedestals and columns would take a while but as you can see it didn't take all that long. I would appreciate any comments on how they look in big projects as, once again, I dont have time to spend in my minecraft world. Knowing if they look good in large projects would be nice.
JesterxMailMan89

Re: GlimmarSteampunk BTW TP (Update to V4.41 / Sorry for Wai

Update to V4.41

Jeez guys, I am really sorry for the long wait on this update. There are many things that delayed his so let me go over them briefly.

First I had a vacation and arrived back at my house a couple days after 4.41 was released and I started the day after on the new textures. Then my computer crashed while I was working on the cooked mutton (the final texture) and I lost all my work (it was mostly my fault for not saving the work but I was eager to finish). Needless to say I was discouraged from working on them after that but soon got back to it a day or two later. After I finished the work a second time I went to upload, only to discover my internet was out... for another day. So here you guys go! It is finally here! FINALLY! Now im going to go play for a while.

Actually one more thing, the new compound bow (which I fell in love with) is not made by me, but is an edited version by Asikar of Tlos's original model. It was made for another mod but Ive been looking for a replacement of the compound bow for a while and that one fit the bill perfectly. Now that being said, I have Asikar's permission but Tlos has not responded in a while on Glimmar's thread. If Tlos returns and wishes it to be removed I will gladly do so but as can be seen so far he is absent indefinetly and from previous posts he seems to be fine with his work being shared, hence Asikar making an edited version in the first place. I am still trying to contact Tlos. If anyone knows him Id appreciate a contact request.

So sorry for the wait and happy late new years everyone!