New Release! (BTW V3.60)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.60)

Post by Sarudak »

danielngtiger wrote: Out of curiosity, will Nether Clay be able to make pottery?
I would say that's almost certainly a yes or FC wouldn't have given us the ability to make clay blocks from the sludge.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Whoa, lots of love on this one. Thanks guys :)

As for the Clay, yes, the Nether variety will function in the same way in terms of creating Pottery. I wouldn't have built this in otherwise, as I added it so that people can work on their machines now regardless of whatever is going on with the extended block ID thing.

The bottom-row not dumping on the Cauldron & Crucible is definitely a bug regardless of potential usefulness. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck: it's a duck regardless of whether you can build a bridge out of it :)
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I've only just got to pottery in my latest play through, so looking forward to building in these neat features from the outset!
elustran

Post by elustran »

FlowerChild wrote:If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck: it's a duck regardless of whether you can build a bridge out of it :)
Thank you FC, for a wonderful project idea. And the continual stream of releases ;)
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Yes, Yes, A thousand times yes!!
Time to get experimenting...
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.60 of Better Than Wolves is ready for download!

-Changed the way the Mill Stone ejects items, so that they'll always fly outwards from the Mill Stone. No more items
landing on top and other weirdness :)

Enjoy! :)
and I DO enjoy ty FC; your 'work' is my pleasure.

I thought this would fix this...
Spoiler
Show
btw, temp installation.

EDIT: I know, I can put the gearbox flush to the wall.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hehe...I guess people are really enjoying this one. I haven't known the forums to be this quiet in quite awhile :)
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Whooooo! New release! This one is going to be fun to play with...

Thanks, FolwerChild! :D
Quality comes before quantity.
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Welp....downloading minecraft again after work.....

Wheres that check im supposed to get from my lawsuit....I need to dump a good chunk of it to the guy that makes me waste my life on a video game for hours and days on end.....I love you FC...

Todays goals.(after work)
1.Download minecraft
2.Setup a paypal in prep for what i hope is next week.
3.Play BTW till my hands fall off or I fall out of my chair from not eating/sleeping.
Tompa974

Post by Tompa974 »

DreamsofFury wrote:Welp....downloading minecraft again after work.....

Wheres that check im supposed to get from my lawsuit....I need to dump a good chunk of it to the guy that makes me waste my life on a video game for hours and days on end.....I love you FC...

Todays goals.(after work)
1.Download minecraft
2.Setup a paypal in prep for what i hope is next week.
3.Play BTW till my hands fall off or I fall out of my chair from not eating/sleeping.
You can still eat while you play ;)
DreamsofFury

Post by DreamsofFury »

Tompa974 wrote: You can still eat while you play ;)

That would involve getting up to make/get food....I'll be too busy redesigning some of my systems for the new toys.....off to work where I will possibly stare vacantly off into the distance trying to visualize how I'm going to change current workings....thankfully I don't work actively with people.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

DreamsofFury wrote:.....off to work where I will possibly stare vacantly off into the distance trying to visualize how I'm going to change current workings.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Rayraka

Post by Rayraka »

Oh my God, I have an extremely important English exam tomorrow that will decide my career... fuck the exam, there are priorities in life. Looks like another sleepless night.
Thanks FC for awesome mod and great update!
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Wanted to say thanks for this release FC :) I wish I wasn't so broke right now or I would donate :( I am looking forward to trying all these new features out. Awesome job!
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
RenEvo

Post by RenEvo »

Awesome update!!
FlowerChild wrote:Version 3.49 of Better Than Wolves
-Added ability for villagers to toss the milk.
YouTube | Twitch
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Wow, I just saw exactly how items drop out of a tipped cauldron. Amazing.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

That's the kind of update that I love !

Ahah, tipped cauldron, I forgot about you :p
We talked about this one right after the introduction of the cauldron, and since then I thought the idea was dead.
Glad to be wrong :)
Now I wonder if part II is on its way as well ;)

Anyway, thanks for your hard work bro :)
lostone1993

Post by lostone1993 »

Cool just noticed cant wait to play
also just donate you are $30 richer, I got twice the amount of fun game play in your mod then what I did for mine craft
You deserve at least twice the amount I payed for minecraft
Under many names
lost-one
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube
My WIP Fan Mission for SS2(youtube)
cheddar

Post by cheddar »

Thank you Flowerchild.
Arandia

Post by Arandia »

Haha, looks good, thanks for the update FC. Just found BTW and am really starting to get into it, to the point that I would have a *very* hard time going back to vanilla.

Regarding the dumping of the bottom row of the cauldron -- independent of this bug's 'duckiness' or its unintentionality, I would like to second the calls for this to remain as a 'feature'. Your call of course, but it makes a degree of sense to me; perhaps the cauldron doesn't tip over all the way, such that only the top-most items spill out? Or the bottom items are stuck to the bottom as others have suggested? If the former, this would explain why we don't need to replace the water that came with the creation of the cauldron, too. And, of course, it allows for the addition of reactants that survive the dumping for future reactions.

Finally, if anyone DOES want to truly empty a cauldron they can still use the old method with a block dispenser, can't they?
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Arandia wrote: Finally, if anyone DOES want to truly empty a cauldron they can still use the old method with a block dispenser, can't they?
Nope. The block dispenser will destroy any items that are in a container if it "swallows" one. You can't empty anything using it.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

itamarcu wrote:
Arandia wrote: Finally, if anyone DOES want to truly empty a cauldron they can still use the old method with a block dispenser, can't they?
Nope. The block dispenser will destroy any items that are in a container if it "swallows" one. You can't empty anything using it.
I was sure you could empty minecarts at least with it...
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Deepsniper wrote:
itamarcu wrote:
I was sure you could empty minecarts at least with it...
Oh, right. I haven't tried that, but according to the wiki it's possible.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

itamarcu wrote:
ugh.

This only occurs when a BD swallows another BD. You can empty anything else as normal.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Stormweaver wrote:
itamarcu wrote:
ugh.

This only occurs when a BD swallows another BD. You can empty anything else as normal.
Wow, really? I thought FC nerfed it to only minecarts.
I guess I'll have to use that feature now.