New Release! (BTW V3.60)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
darahalian

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.60)

Post by darahalian »

Discoveries so far:
Spoiler
Show
  • Tipping a cauldron/crucible will not empty the bottom row.
  • If there is a block in front of the cauldron/crucible, it will not spill it's contents.
  • Naturally, items on top of a cauldron/crucible will not fall in while it is tipped, but will fall in when it returns to it's upright position. Lots of sorting potential here.
  • Items pour out to the side at a pretty fast rate (faster than hopper rate), and it looks really cool!
  • One crank of the handcrank next to a cauldron/crucible will empty 6 full stacks of items.
There are so many new possibilities!
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You're welcome guys :)
darahalian wrote: [*]Tipping a cauldron/crucible will not empty the bottom row.
You serious about that one? It's a bug if that's the case :)
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Until its fixed, the cauldron and crucible become so hot that the items at the bottom often remain stuck, causing them to not fall out when it is tipped sideways.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:You're welcome guys :)
darahalian wrote: [*]Tipping a cauldron/crucible will not empty the bottom row.
You serious about that one? It's a bug if that's the case :)
Yeah. Anything in the bottom row doesn't pour out.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote: I remember all the suggestions for tipping over the cauldron and crucible... hehe... This is definitely cheaper than using a BD
Yeah, that one has been on my todo list forever. Have been planning it for a long time, but just never got to it before now :)

That was the task that took me a bit of extra time today actually. I totally brain-farted and didn't anticipate having to rotate the models or textures for that, and there's really no generic code for doing that kind of thing in MC. On the bright side, if I want to do something similar in the future, it'll be much quicker now :)
The great randomo wrote:Until its fixed, the cauldron and crucible become so hot that the items at the bottom often remain stuck, causing them to not fall out when it is tipped sideways.
Either that or it's just not shaped to pour everything out if turned sideways.

It's kind of a cool bug, but it wasn't intended ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:Yeah. Anything in the bottom row doesn't pour out.
I'll take care of that one tomorrow. I have a bunch more stuff that I wanted to get into this release actually, but at a certain point I decided that there was enough there that I wanted to turn it over to you guys to play with.

I'll see if I can get a few more items on my todo list done along with it ;)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Sweet, an update with tons of new stuff to play around with :D I must say I was a bit surprised that tipping cauldrons made it in, I'd written that one off as a suggestion made and rejected one too many times :)

I've got some papers to write but I'll have to look into it more in detail tonight!
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:I'd written that one off as a suggestion made and rejected one too many times :)
Hehe...remember that there are a number of reasons I don't respond to suggestions, including if I'm already planning on doing something ;)
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:
Either that or it's just not shaped to pour everything out if turned sideways.

It's kind of a cool bug, but it wasn't intended ;)
Yeah, it seemed natural enough that it didn't occur to me that it might be a bug. It would have some interesting implications for automation, though.
ialdbaoloth

Post by ialdbaoloth »

There's so much to I want to do with these - and I haven't even had time to test the bellows. I guess I've got my weekend plans!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

*gets on train*
*sips energy drink*
*absentmindely checks BTW forums*
*spit-take*

LONGEST. TWO HOURS. EVER.

tipping cauldons, renewable clay, the bellows pushing items... eeeeEEEEE!!!
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

The tipping..wow.. *brain explodes* didn't see that coming at all, now I have to rethink EVERYTHING ;]

About the bellows change, I think I covered that, <3 bellows :]

Finally a way to herd villagers without putting down tracks to move them a silly distance like 5 blocks..

About the cow and mycellium changes: It will definitely make battosay cry (and anyone else who took the time to transport a mooshroom thousands of water blocks :P), but their tears are shed so that ours will not :P And about the giant mushroom thing, hmm, it will be tricky to make giant mushroom farms, because of the mushroom shape and them being harvestable only by BDs

Changes in DB and platforms:
Wow, the sheer possibilities of this. Especially in multistory railsystems..

Renewable clay..(in practice, if not in theory) I love this, because the area around my base is 1.6.6 terrain, and had very little clay, and to get more I have to travel very far.

The changes to planters are extremely useful actually for me, as sometimes my farms get jammed up by a flower poping up in the planter. Plus, easier grass spreading <3

Oh man oh man. Ok at this point I'd like to point out that btw is Minecraft 2. The sheer quantity of content trancends even a full expansion pack. Which makes the big update(TM) downright scary.

Thanks once more man, you never fail to deliver anything sort of awesomeness :]

EDIT: so many new things.. and I've only started playing around with newer things like the lens only today.. I cannot keep up :]
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
GianTheG

Post by GianTheG »

Thanks For this! Soo Many new things to do again! :D
Love the new Bellow and Cauldron Features!
Want Better Than Wolves in SphaxPureBDCraft Style?
Check THIS Out!
Williamson

Post by Williamson »

Awesome update as always! Lots of exciting stuff in here.
Also, just realised that it's now possible to have a soul urn production system that produces excess of clay for every soul urn made (with netherrack)
Which means that it would be possible to make a steel factory which produces steel with only netherrack as a cost. (if you farmed iron golems). Pretty awesome!

Edit: actually, looked up an iron golem farm on youtube. Very overpowered unless that's been fixed. Won't buid one of those, it'd take away from the challenge...
Last edited by Williamson on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Pure awesomeness !

I remember you saying it was a matter of a few days... yesterday (well, 12 hours ago). You will always surprise us, no matter what !

Thanks a lot FC ! Once my paycheck makes his way in, be prepared !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
kaspermwh

Post by kaspermwh »

Thanks man! Gonna enjoy this update a lot i think :D
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

One amazing update and there is the 'big one' to come yet? Or are we getting a foretaste of whats to come =o Either way awesome things are ahead. I'd say thankyou, but I know you want to say thankyou, though if this is what happens when you cause a thankyou feedback loop and I really want to say thankyou... actually I value my (mental?) health (whats left). I'll just try create some sort of automated wolf death trap powered by sheep and a cat chicken sacrifice machine maybe.

edit; In my excitement I forgot to say my laptop is very thankful, your efforts to improve optifine compatability will very much improve its life expectancy and my enjoyment of BTW ;)
Last edited by Hotshot on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote:By responding to this thread you have reserved your place in the next poll.

Your selflessness shall not be forgotten.
Ungerbla

Post by Ungerbla »

Oh yeah! New World here i come!

Thanks FC!
Yea
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Wow, this is amazing.

And we're getting more in a few days >.<
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: And we're getting more in a few days >.<
What? Where? Huh? Shouldn't someone inform me of these things? :)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FlowerChild wrote: -Added the ability to "tip" Stewing Pots and Crucibles by applying mechanical power to them.

-Added ability for the Bellows to blow light items that are in front of it.
Both of them are great!

I think this is my favorite update. Bellow-sorting, cauldron tipping, villagers follow diamonds, and the other features are just amazing. Thank you.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Great update as always.
Mycelium changes are very welcome, I'll be sure to run around nad find some now.
Also, the nether sludge, glad you went forward with that; total nether automation! Excluding iron, but that's something I can afford to bring with me.
Bellows item separation will be something very cool to experiment with. Does there have to be a block for the items to "sit" on or can they just be falling down?
Tipping over the cauldron and crucible are pretty awesome additions too!

Thanks for the release. Quite a surprise, I had just donated and came here to see a release in tribute to that =D
EvanT

Post by EvanT »

embirrim wrote:..Does there have to be a block for the items to "sit" on or can they just be falling down? ..
Without the need to be sitting on a block one could build a mass spectrometer like this:

Code: Select all

Hopper
Bellows
Bellows
Bellows
Bellows
Bellows
       Hopper | Hopper
       (heavy)  (light)
And of course if items were pushed relative to their "mass/air resistance" the separation could be quite distinct.
"We are not shooting for realism,.. we are shooting for awesome!"
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

AWESOME update! Thanks!
Yamboyz1

Post by Yamboyz1 »

GODDAMNIT. I'M ABOUT TO GO ON A WEEK LONG VACATION.

But thanks for the awesome release, FlowerChild! I'll have fun with it when I get back!
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

-Abraham Lincoln