Eriotto's 128x Texture Pack - v. 0.2 Improved Nether Patch!

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.

Which Textures Should I Use For Dirt and Dung (Choose one for each)

Old Dirt for Dirt
4%
New Dirt for Dirt
12%
Old Dung for Dirt
4%
New Dung for Dirt
31%
Old Dirt for Dung
8%
New Dirt for Dung
31%
Old Dung for Dung
No votes
New Dung for Dung
12%

Total votes: 26
Pentagram

Re: Eriotto's 128x Texture Pack - v. 0.2

Post by Pentagram »

WOW. This has come a long way! I'd gladly use this :)
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Mr_ONI_man wrote:Really nice items. The diamonds look really cool, I love em.
Thanks, Mr_ONI_man. The diamonds are one of the ones that I like.
Starshifterxen wrote:Items look beautiful. =D

Feel free to use any of the screenshots I post in this thread - That is what they are for. Also don't worry about credit, I'm honestly not too bothered. :)

I'll post some more ss of my new world when I've got something more than dirt and stone to show. :P
Cheers, Starshifterxen.

The problem with items is that they look good on the ground, but the perspective you have when you hold them screws them up ... So it is so hard ... Which is why I'm tempted to leave them for a bit and work on mobs ...

Cool, I'll be putting some of your screens up next time I update the OP. Am I alright to put them over at MCF?
And of course I'll worry about credit - it's not hard to type "screenshots courtesy of" and then list whoever has supplied them - it's only fair :).
Pentagram wrote:WOW. This has come a long way! I'd gladly use this :)
Thanks, Pentagram, I'm glad you like how it's going :).
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

Eriottosan wrote:Am I alright to put them over at MCF?
Yes of course.

(I meant to say "Feel free to use any of the screenshots I post anywhere you want to") :)
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Starshifterxen wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Am I alright to put them over at MCF?
Yes of course.

(I meant to say "Feel free to use any of the screenshots I post anywhere you want to") :)

Cheers, man. I'll add them tomorrow :).
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Right guys have a look at this image and vote in the poll.
I'm trying to work out what to do about the dirt texture as it really stands out as wrong to me when playing.
So what shall I use? To be honest, I'm thinking use the new dung as dirt, and the new dirt as dung. But I want to know what you all think :). I'll put a nice long time on the poll, as I won't be updating the pack until I've finished a section (either mobs or items).
Image:
Spoiler
Show
Thanks!

EDIT: I should really post this image on the main page ...
Mr_ONI_man

Post by Mr_ONI_man »

Great minds think alike ;)
I think new dung for dirt,
new dirt for dung as well.
Eriottosan

Re: Eriotto's 128x Texture Pack - v. 0.2 IMPROVED NETHER PAT

Post by Eriottosan »

Thanks, Mr_ONI_man :).

Ahhhhhh I love the power I have with the new MCPatcher and its CTM ... I can make the Nether the way I wanted it!
I've had a quick little play, details of how to utilise my little explore can be found on the OP :).

So happy! :D
Starshifterxen

Re: Eriotto's 128x Texture Pack - v. 0.2 Improved Nether Pat

Post by Starshifterxen »

Ha ha, Brilliant! :D Exactly how you imagined it :)

One other point which i'm not sure if you have covered yet or not: Whilst pottery is cooking it looks almost identical to when it is not. A bit more of a visual indication would be good.

A few more screenshots for you too. Use them as you will.
Spoiler
Show
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I finally quit being lazy and added MC patcher to my btb world and installed this texture pack. I do like it,a lot, but it doesn't go well with my current builds. I used a lot of normal planks and with this tp my world looks very noisy. Without rebuilding everything, which would be a pain, I'm not sure if this will be my main tp. I will play with a bit and work in some other planks and see how it goes. i also may switch the textures for jungle logs and pine since i used jungle before because it was dark and more available than pine. Now everything is red.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Starshifterxen wrote:Ha ha, Brilliant! :D Exactly how you imagined it :)
I know. It is beautifully terrifying :).
Starshifterxen wrote:One other point which i'm not sure if you have covered yet or not: Whilst pottery is cooking it looks almost identical to when it is not. A bit more of a visual indication would be good.
I noticed it myself. It shall be done when I return to this.
SterlingRed wrote:I finally quit being lazy and added MC patcher to my btb world and installed this texture pack. I do like it,a lot, but it doesn't go well with my current builds. I used a lot of normal planks and with this tp my world looks very noisy. Without rebuilding everything, which would be a pain, I'm not sure if this will be my main tp. I will play with a bit and work in some other planks and see how it goes. i also may switch the textures for jungle logs and pine since i used jungle before because it was dark and more available than pine. Now everything is red.
Personally, I like the noise of the planks in large numbers, but maybe that's just me. The reason everything is red is because it is also the texture for bloodwood logs. I think it's more important that those are red than jungle planks look right. If FC adds a new block for bloodwood logs, I will make the jungle ones less bloody, but I wouldn't hold your breath!

This pause is really just to say that given a number of things, this project is on pause until further notice. However, I will return to it and finish it at some point. But I don't know when. This is due to a situation which is very much out of my hands, plus some other stuff that is a little bit in my hands ... It's complicated, and this is neither the time nor the place to talk about it. I will probably continue to be active on the forums, but as far as working on my texture pack goes, that's not gonna happen for a while. Could be weeks, could be months. But I swear on my companion cube that I will return to this.