Are you ready?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
SterlingRed

Are you ready?

Post by SterlingRed »

Before any storm people get ready, stock supplies, bunker down...
Before an invading army shows up the defense is locked and loaded...
Before FlowerChild releases an update of epic proportions we...

What are you doing to prepare? Stockpiling resources? Building a bunker to test the new content? Chewing your nails in anticipation? Stocking up on caffiene? Training your body to go three says without sleeping? Seeing your shrink to prepare for the inevitable nightmares FC will produce?

What should we do to get ready? Is it even possible?

I have stockpiled 8 stacks of steel (not blocks) and have a spare 4 stacks of soul urns on hand... Something tells me I'll need lots of tanned leather as well...
I'm also contemplating building a new test lab for the new release... I feel like it will need to be reinforced with obsidian...twice.
Itamarcu

Re: Are you ready?

Post by Itamarcu »

I can't wait so long. I'm going to freeze myself until it's done.
Wish me luck!

(Yeah, that's a South park reference)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Just completed my first ever stack of Soulforged Steel blocks! I think I'm prepared.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I don't think I'll be able to prepare since my computer has had a few problems and needs a major repair :(
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Mason11987 wrote:Just completed my first ever stack of Soulforged Steel blocks! I think I'm prepared.
Perhaps you are prepared with resources...but can your Steve survive the phsycological effects FC will create with this update consuming over 30 block ID's?
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

SterlingRed wrote: I have stockpiled 8 stacks of steel (not blocks) and have a spare 4 stacks of soul urns on hand... Something tells me I'll need lots of tanned leather as well...
I'm also contemplating building a new test lab for the new release... I feel like it will need to be reinforced with obsidian...twice.
You're going to need more steel.

That's basically what I've been doing. I'll worry about expanding my bases once I know how much space will be needed. In the meantime I'm out searching for raw materials, notably iron and clay. I've got 15 extra stacks of clay blocks so far and two large chests full of netherrack ready to process. I won't actually feel ready until I have a couple stacks of iron blocks to feed into the dread engine. It would be nice to have more than a couple dozen lenses in a legit world as well but so far I've only come up with an extra ten diamonds or so.
Better is the enemy of Good
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

@Dave
I do plan on working on getting more steel. I have a coal shortage currently which would be easily rectified with a fortune enchant as I have 6 stacks of coal blocks but I can't seem to get enchant. I think I need to automate a few farms before continuing with steel though. (pretty much skipped automating hemp and such). But I'm traveling this weekend and I won't be able to play again for about 4 days.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I'll start a new world for that update.

For more: "YAY, exciting!".

As far as my psyche goes. Well, I very nearly beaten "I wanna be the guy". I think I'm covered.
maxsi

Post by maxsi »

dinging a area of 17*17 chunks in the nether and building a base on it....
Blazara wrote:Better Than Wolves: So seamless, you don't know what you've got into... ;)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I'm just trying to GET to steel by the new update. Right now I'm closed-looping my tanned leather production.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

TheAnarchitect wrote:I'm just trying to GET to steel by the new update. Right now I'm closed-looping my tanned leather production.

Is this your first time working up to steel? Once you do it the first time, I generally find it to be easy to do it again in a new world.

Also, safest place from the... antics... of FC: The end. The one place he'll never touch.

...I THINK...
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Oh dear goodness no, I got all the way up the BTB tech tree in my other world. I could probably power through to fully automated steel in a couple of hours if I wanted, I'm just spending way more time on my aesthetics than my tech.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I recently started a new playthrough with ExtraBiomes to prepare for the new update (, by the way, even the Classic version with no new block ids created a way more beatiful landscape than I had in any of my last playthroughs either with vanilla or modded terrain generation). I was quite happy to have 5 stacks of iron when I was able to create steel, until I realised that steel blocks take 16 ingots instead of 9. :/
Good thing that the delay gives me a bit more time to mine the rest. :)

Apart from that my base contains only a few small automated systems crammed together for pottery and soul urn production and a few holes in the ground for animals.
But next to that is a beautiful mountain with overhangs and a few water and lava sources that will contain my main base as soon as the update is released.
RaustBlackDragon wrote: Also, safest place from the... antics... of FC: The end. The one place he'll never touch.

...I THINK...
Good luck with that. Last thing I read, he actually considers to make it a useful place for BTW, because since there are apparently only 3 per world it would make great places in multiplayer to fight about.
Apart from that I'm definitely going to set up an enderman xp farm there once I have the main world stuff up and running.
Catox

Post by Catox »

Whisp wrote: I was quite happy to have 5 stacks of iron when I was able to create steel, until I realised that steel blocks take 16 ingots instead of 9. :/
wait...
*checks*
no... no way !
wiki tricked me !! >__<

okay... what do I need then... updating excel file...
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

SterlingRed wrote:@Dave
I do plan on working on getting more steel. I have a coal shortage currently which would be easily rectified with a fortune enchant as I have 6 stacks of coal blocks but I can't seem to get enchant. I think I need to automate a few farms before continuing with steel though. (pretty much skipped automating hemp and such). But I'm traveling this weekend and I won't be able to play again for about 4 days.
I just use charcoal...
Better is the enemy of Good
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

I could have sworn that you weren't supposed to be able to grind charcoal into coal dust.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Husbag3 wrote:I could have sworn that you weren't supposed to be able to grind charcoal into coal dust.
I assumed I couldn't... I haven't actually tried.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

You can. And it's not coal dust (that's from IC2) it's carbon powder.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Nothing. I plan on starting a brand new world for this update, to get the full effect.
Not sure if its a great idea though. :/
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I'm completely unconcerned about this update. I think flowerchild is gonna pansy out and not brutalize us properly and so nothing of consequence will happen. I'm quite certain all his promises of game challenge and difficulty are nothing but empty air...
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Sarudak wrote:I'm completely unconcerned about this update. I think flowerchild is gonna pansy out and not brutalize us properly and so nothing of consequence will happen. I'm quite certain all his promises of game challenge and difficulty are nothing but empty air...
are you trying to get us all killed?
And HOW!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote: are you trying to get us all killed?
Perhaps...
whynocheese

Post by whynocheese »

Perhaps not, you must remember much of FC's update was hinged (Not really but they went hand in hand) on the extended block IDs I think we will have an update but the super big one will not be for a few(?) more weeks.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

I'm starting a new BTW-exclusive world on the day 4.0 is released. I've already downloaded utility mods (Modloader, OptiFine, etc) on the assumption that Mojang will be satisfied with 1.2.5 and won't feel the need to leave me another version number behind the curve.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
clonew09

Post by clonew09 »

Stockpiling resources, building a bunker to test the new content, chewing my nails in anticipation, stocking up on caffeine, and training my body to go three says without sleeping!

I'm working on an auto soul urn, and am getting steel. Lots of steel. A stack of blocks of steel.
I am more humble than you.