BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
kaos78414

Re: BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

Post by kaos78414 »

weldaSB wrote:Kaos, have you seen tropicraft? I love the mod, saw Direwolf's spotlight on it. I think that would be a good way to implement fish, after the coral. It may also help with some coding. I would be using it now, if it didn't need forge. :-(
I've seen a few videos but I don't know what you mean by helping with the code. I won't be looking at tropicrafts code for any purpose whatsoever. My fish will likely be different, but they'll be pretty and will suit the needs of this add-on.
RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey, how exactly do you get beeswax from honeycombs? I can't find where it explains that in the OP :(
Oh yeah I should probably put that in there. A honeycomb in the crafting grid will produce both honey and wax (about 1/3 of the time wax will be salvageable). It will appear in your inventory upon "crafting" the honey. If there aren't any available slots the wax will just fall on the floor.
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Don't know, if you need to look at how the author of tropicraft created the fish mobs??????
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

weldaSB wrote:Don't know, if you need to look at how the author of tropicraft created the fish mobs??????
He specifically said he would not be looking at the code and that his fish would be different.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

By the way, could´nt he look at the squids code?
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
weldaSB

Post by weldaSB »

Yes, didn't think about that, I just love how tropicraft does fish. Use it if you like Kaos, I would love that. But if not, I don't mind.
MoRmEnGiL: In the grand scheme of things, if you hate pickles in your burger, you can always remove them and go on.
Laskeri

Post by Laskeri »

Elevatator wrote:By the way, could´nt he look at the squids code?
Squid pathfinding is terrible, though, isn't it?
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Laskeri wrote:
Can we not talk about how Kaos should code it. From what we have all seen, he is quite capable of doing it himself.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Laskeri wrote:
Can we not talk about how Kaos should code it. From what we have all seen, he is quite capable of doing it himself.
Indeed. I am looking forward to Kaos' add-on not a Tropicraft / BTW compatibility patch. The extended ID update better come soon or I might break down and install this anyway and just start hoarding entities in chests before the inevitable block disappearance.
th3m1ner

Post by th3m1ner »

orangeweaver wrote: Indeed. I am looking forward to Kaos' add-on not a Tropicraft / BTW compatibility patch. The extended ID update better come soon or I might break down and install this anyway and just start hoarding entities in chests before the inevitable block disappearance.
Then you may want to install it and start hoarding :P
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Put 'em in your crafting grid.

You'll get honey, and have a chance of wax appearing in your inventory.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Poppycocks wrote:Put 'em in your crafting grid.

Can I ask for this to be changed with the recent change to the cauldron. It just seems weird to me how it now.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

walker_boh_65 wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:Put 'em in your crafting grid.

Can I ask for this to be changed with the recent change to the cauldron. It just seems weird to me how it now.
Ideally I'd want this to happen in the mill stone, but that'll have to wait for the BTW API. Anyway, I'm pretty satisfied with the way this works currently (you can still do whole stacks of honeycombs at once, and it functions as intended).

And out of curiosity, what recent change to the cauldron are you referring to?
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

th3m1ner wrote: Then you may want to install it and start hoarding :P
I'm sure getting close.
Niyu

Post by Niyu »

kaos78414 wrote: And out of curiosity, what recent change to the cauldron are you referring to?
The stewing pot is now capable of output more than one item in a single recipe, I think. It's used for the bow to string and stick recipe.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Niyu wrote: The stewing pot is now capable of output more than one item in a single recipe, I think.
I can confirm that, and it's possible for add-ons to use it, I can confirm that as well :)
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Not to seem whiny, but I would like some help/ explanation as to why my minecraft crashes with different texture packs. I've seen these errors on the Buildcraft forums, so I think it has something to so with the animated textures.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:I can confirm that, and it's possible for add-ons to use it, I can confirm that as well :)
Ah, well yeah but I'd prefer it not happen in the stewing pot honestly. Like I said I'd want it in the mill stone if possible, but that isn't currently possible so far as I can tell. I think it's fine the way it is for now.
HavokSCOUT wrote:Not to seem whiny, but I would like some help/ explanation as to why my minecraft crashes with different texture packs. I've seen these errors on the Buildcraft forums, so I think it has something to so with the animated textures.
Sorry I had thought this issue was resolved. When exactly is this happening? And is it happening with only BTB, BTW and my add-on ? Or are other mods installed when this happens?

I haven't even touched the code in a good while (been quite busy IRL), but things are settling down and so I'll try to get around to fixing this one soon.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Can I request that the nature of getting beeswax be included in the OP? I just saw honey in the output, and I was short on honeycombs and really needed wax, so I didn't even think to test that.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:Can I request that the nature of getting beeswax be included in the OP? I just saw honey in the output, and I was short on honeycombs and really needed wax, so I didn't even think to test that.
Oh yeah! on it

EDIT: Done :)
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Spoiler
Show
Mods loaded: 10
ModLoader 1.2.5
mod_FCBetterThanWolves 3.72
mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.5
mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.5
mod_linkovich 0.4.5
mod_BetterThenBuildCraft 3.26

Minecraft has crashed!
----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9af85e74 --------
Generated 6/17/12 10:10 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
Java: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
OpenGL: VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 version 4.2.11318 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Number of remaining buffer elements is 1024, must be at least 4096
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.throwBufferSizeException(BufferChecks.java:143)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBufferSize(BufferChecks.java:158)
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkBuffer(BufferChecks.java:163)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glTexSubImage2D(GL11.java:2908)
at aaw.a(RenderEngine.java:553)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(SourceFile:1357)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:719)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:671)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 318efd56 ----------
with everything needed for an HD pack patched in as well, it still gives the crash with base mods installed.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

HavokSCOUT wrote:-snip-
Alright, yeah. I'm not getting the same error, but with just BTW installed and my add-on it's got problems with texture packs for some reason. I'll try to have this fixed as soon as possible, but as I've mentioned, things are busy IRL right now so I won't be able to get around to it right away.
Panda

Post by Panda »

best of luck to you dear! hugs*
Never say no to Panda.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Grr. I'm stupid. I should update my mods more often...
"- Fixed black hole bug finally. Extensively tested this time so I'm 90% sure it's gone. Consequently, the butterflies
will no longer park at flowers but will hang around them, similar to how bees hang around honeysuckle and hives"

>_<

That confused me a lot haha. To the extent that I made a video...
In future, check changelog -.-
(though now I'm experiencing the aforementioned crash :P
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Okay so I normally don't like to share too many details of my personal life, but I feel some explanation is necessary as to why I haven't been on lately/updating the add-on. Firstly, rest assured my interest in it is still there, and I do plan to get around to this as soon as things aren't so hectic and I'm not so tired all the time.

So here's what's going on: My grandfather is in and out of hospitals, rehabilitation centers, etc. He has had lymphoma, skin cancer, and prostate cancer all at once, and well, I'm pretty sure he's going to go soon. While I'm not incredibly hurt by this (I'm lucky I suppose that I just handle death better then others), I do feel the need to be around for him as much as possible before he passes. So there's that.

Secondly, I'm having a hell of a time with work. Things have picked up for me in a major way, and that's a good thing, but it's left me with little time for much else. But overall this part is good news.

And finally, I'm getting prepared to move up to Dallas (career-related). One of my best friends is getting married soon (the wedding is July 7th, so its fast approaching). I've decided to stick around until after that, since I'm standing up in it, but afterward I'm immediately packing my things and heading to Dallas. There's probably going to be a settling in period where I'm still unable to be on these forums as much as I'd like, but after that I hope things will have settled down enough for me to take a much-needed breather.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up so you guys know that I truly am sorry that I haven't had time to update/post, and that I do plan to get around to it when RL allows. But at the same time I wanted you guys to know that it may still be awhile before that happens. I hope you guys understand :)
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

No Prob man, take your time.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.