BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
duartemad

Re: BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

Post by duartemad »

We aint forcin ya to work, take it easy!
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
ServantOMallard

Post by ServantOMallard »

Hey Kaos,

I'd been umming and ahhing about trying this since I first saw it and I'm glad I did. Even the smallest of details that you have added make such a huge difference and to me feel like part of what FC has created. So kudos on that :-P

About taking some time out, don't feel obliged to come back to this until you are ready, there's a good bunch of people on these forums who I'm sure are more than understanding of your situation.

I lost my grandad almost 6 years ago to non-hodgkins lymphoma and prostate cancer. Unfortunately the type of lymphoma he had was incurable, but in a weird way that was a good thing because it let me steel myself for the inevitable. It's a horrible time for sure and from the sounds of it you've got a lot of other stuff on your plate to contend with aswell.

So what I'm trying to say is, take as much time as you need, and fingers crossed your grandfather pulls through.
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Hey Kaos! When you return to working on this, you'll be happy to know that you've got yourself another fan, and another person who's going to add this to their LP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_nMbG ... re=g-all-u
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Damn this is so sweet :) i was waiting some sort of decoration addon. i remember seeing this when you just started and there was only screenshots and no download links :) fiely im back to btw and finely i see this awesome addon :))
commsnake

Post by commsnake »

just found this add-on while browsing at work, will install as soon as i wake up.

by the way can zombies smash through the paper walls?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

commsnake wrote:just found this add-on while browsing at work, will install as soon as i wake up.

nope mate.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

commsnake wrote:just found this add-on while browsing at work, will install as soon as i wake up.

Yeah, unless you modify the zombie code, they can't break through anything that isn't a wooden door. even mod-added doors can't be broken down.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
commsnake

Post by commsnake »

now that is a shame. or a challenge depending on your point of view.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Hey guys! Whew, been awhile. I have a couple days to myself finally, and while I won't be working on the add-on again just yet, I'm glad to finally have some time to post and let you guys know what's up. (and holy crap the new stuff in BTW... I'm going to have so much cool stuff to play with) I wanted to reassure everyone that I haven't forgotten about you guys! I've been lurking occasionally when I get a moment, trying to keep up with what's been going on in the community.

Anyway, everything I had mentioned before has passed for the most part. My grandfather passed away while I was out of town for my buddies bachelor party, so when I got back I went to his funeral and all that. My friends' wedding (I think I mentioned that) went very well, although I was the drunkest guy at the reception and made a complete ass of myself. I'm currently out of town house-sitting for the bride's mother, taking a little break from work. The only negative to that is that I won't be able to work on the mod from here, but when I get back I expect things will be settled enough that I may be able to update. That bug that Havok mentioned has been irking away at me, and I'd really like to get that fixed. :)

I'll be able to be on the forums for the next couple days though, and boy have I missed you guys.
RaustBlackDragon wrote:Hey Kaos! When you return to working on this, you'll be happy to know that you've got yourself another fan, and another person who's going to add this to their LP!
Sweet! :)
sky_demon wrote:Damn this is so sweet :) i was waiting some sort of decoration addon. i remember seeing this when you just started and there was only screenshots and no download links :) fiely im back to btw and finely i see this awesome addon :))
Thanks man :)
ServantOMallard wrote:-snip-
Thanks for the interest in the mod, and the concern! He didn't make it, but that's okay. I think he was ready, you know? Anyway, again thanks for the sentiment. :)
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Kaos! Glad you're still around, man. I hope things settle down for you soon. Best wishes, bro.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Laskeri

Post by Laskeri »

If possible later on, could you make it so that it does work without BTW? Like where it checks for BTW, and if it doesn't find it, it would use different recipies? I don't know if you'd want to maintain that, though.
Joeyjoebob

Post by Joeyjoebob »

Happy you're alive, Kaos! Been waiting to use your mod for a while now, since I discovered it after you took your break. I have to say that your mod/add-on thing is probably the best on here. To me, it's to BTW what BTW is to Minecraft. Really looking forward to playing with it!

Anyway, hope everything works out for you, man!
TheAnarchitect wrote:
TaterBoy wrote:Well, now I know. And as GI-Joe says, knowing is half the battle. :)
The other half is violence...
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ulfengaard wrote:Kaos! Glad you're still around, man. I hope things settle down for you soon. Best wishes, bro.
:)
Laskeri wrote:If possible later on, could you make it so that it does work without BTW? Like where it checks for BTW, and if it doesn't find it, it would use different recipies? I don't know if you'd want to maintain that, though.
I covered this in the OP, but I need to probably put a few details up there. At this point, it wouldn't be able to work like that. I'd have to maintain a forge or modloader only version, and then the current BTW version. It's looking less and less likely that I'll ever port this add-on to vanilla.
Joeyjoebob wrote:-snip lovely comment-
Thanks! :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Nice to see you back on the boards :) It's been way too long, I hope things have settled down a bit for you at home.

I did have a couple of odd questions about the add-on too.

Are you planning on making any changes to candles? What with the BTW release using them I was just curious to see if you'd be using your existing candle recipe to make the BTW recipes, or keep them as separate things.

And I was told that this add on doesn't work with HD texture packs/MCpatcher. I had been using vanilla textures for a looooong time, so it wasn't really a big concern of mine, but recently I started using TPs for the hell of it, only to see that they caused crashes. Are you planning on implementing HD texture support into the mod?

Yeah, I think that's all the questions I had.... Again, welcome back! I'm looking forward to seeing what else this mod will add in the future, I'm loving everything about it so far.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Ribky wrote:And I was told that this add on doesn't work with HD texture packs/MCpatcher. I had been using vanilla textures for a looooong time, so it wasn't really a big concern of mine, but recently I started using TPs for the hell of it, only to see that they caused crashes. Are you planning on implementing HD texture support into the mod?
That was the bug of mine I pointed out earlier ;) I believe that TPs work on the version before that, but stay away from butterflies
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

HavokSCOUT wrote:
That was the bug of mine I pointed out earlier ;) I believe that TPs work on the version before that, but stay away from butterflies
Oooooh, yeah, I heard that butterflies can harness the sheer might of the black hole.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ribky wrote:-snip-
I hadn't thought much about the candles yet. Since BTW's candle recipe is different, and they aren't place-able yet, I'll probably just keep them as they are for now.

As to the texture pack problem, yes that seems to be being caused by the method I used to animate the firefly lantern texture. That's at the top of my list of things to fix. :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Alright guys, unfortunate news: I've decided that I will no longer be updating this add-on.

I don't want to go into too much detail, suffice it to say that I just don't think I'll have the time to maintain this add-on reliably (I haven't really even been able to make time to play MC since the last time I updated). So, I didn't want to keep promising an update and finding that I couldn't make the time to deliver.

That said, this isn't a goodbye to the community. I'm very much still a BTW fan, and I will try to stop by when I can! I'm sorry to those of you who were looking forward to an update, or a completed version. But I think there's cause to remain optimistic, especially considering the number of cool add-ons that have been springing up lately :)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Awwww :(
My girlfriend and I are huge fans of the add-on and we're sorry to see it go, but like you said, it's better that you announce it now instead of forever promising a release that never comes.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Thanks for the fun times kaos. I'm gonna miss this :(
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
PanzerDivisional

Post by PanzerDivisional »

Yeah its been fun all whoses updates ago and its still being used its the end of an era
August West

Post by August West »

Bummer! I will definitely miss this one. The little things it added spruced up my world oh-so much. Thank you for the time you sank into it, and thank you for the fun you gave me.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

This sucks, man. But I understand it - it takes a heck of a lot more work to maintain a mod than people realise!
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

No prob dude. Thanks for the add-on while it lasted, and thanks for the fun of helping you work on it.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
thekyz

Post by thekyz »

Erf :( Would you consider releasing the source for it ? I'd hate to lose the world i'm using your mod in & may try to update it to the latest version. No pressure though, i'd fully understand if you don't want to let your work go.

Whatever you do, thanks a lot for all the work you put into this!