BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.5 - updated 6/11)

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Panda

Re: BTW Deco Add-on (pre-release v0.4.4 - updated 5/30)

Post by Panda »

Im gonna make a super lantern animation!!!!
What does OP mean btw? its never been part of my English understanding and it leave me super confused....
Never say no to Panda.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Panda wrote:Im gonna make a super lantern animation!!!!
What does OP mean btw? its never been part of my English understanding and it leave me super confused....
Hehe. It just stands for original post, or something similar. So I meant I just edited the first post to better reflect the add-ons concepts.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Kaos, can you explain why Beehives don't form on cherry blossom leaves?
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Kaos, can you explain why Beehives don't form on cherry blossom leaves?
I don't see why you'd want them to. But its not a big change and I can fix that for next release. :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Often it's also used for OverPowered. I always have to look twice when someone uses btw. Is that: by the way? or better than wolves? ;)
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Marasambala wrote:

Often it's also used for OverPowered. I always have to look twice when someone uses btw. Is that: by the way? or better than wolves? ;)
This video goes here
Better is the enemy of Good
Panda

Post by Panda »

Oh dear god.... the butterfly black hole pulled my 96 wolf dung farm off there seats...
Never say no to Panda.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Panda wrote:Oh dear god.... the butterfly black hole pulled my 96 wolf dung farm off there seats...
Oh wow... haha I'm sorry Panda. I'll try to make 100% sure its fixed in the next release.

-

You know, lately I've been kinda been curious as to who on the forums uses the add-on now. Using mediafires download numbers I'm estimating somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 people use it (each version gets about 70-80 downloads). Anyway, not that I care to have lots and lots of users, but I'm curious who is using it and if they have any constructive criticisms. Speak up people! :3
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

kaos78414 wrote:
Panda wrote:Oh dear god.... the butterfly black hole pulled my 96 wolf dung farm off there seats...
Oh wow... haha I'm sorry Panda. I'll try to make 100% sure its fixed in the next release.

-

You know, lately I've been kinda been curious as to who on the forums uses the add-on now. Using mediafires download numbers I'm estimating somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 people use it (each version gets about 70-80 downloads). Anyway, not that I care to have lots and lots of users, but I'm curious who is using it and if they have any constructive criticisms. Speak up people! :3
I use it, just not in my main world (which I might just get rid of when 1.3 comes out to start a new.) because of the block ID changes when/if the extended block ID's come out. I do however do some stuff in a text world for it.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Use it on my main, I'll convert with MCEdit later.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Yeah I'm actually gonna have to use MCEdit on my main world as well. I had planned to keep a backup, but I went too far hehe.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

kaos78414 wrote:Yeah I'm actually gonna have to use MCEdit on my main world as well. I had planned to keep a backup, but I went too far hehe.
MCEdit, it's what men (with questionable self restraint) do.
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I use it on my main, but I'm avoiding using anything in a particularly.... structural sense. Like I said before, I expect to have paper eating moths, dutch elm disease, and sudden colony collapse disorder hit all at once.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

TheAnarchitect wrote:I use it on my main, but I'm avoiding using anything in a particularly.... structural sense. Like I said before, I expect to have paper eating moths, dutch elm disease, and sudden colony collapse disorder hit all at once.
Yeah I may have gone overboard. But each time I sit down and play I realize which blocks I really like and why. I think so far, the hay bale has been one of the most useful. Along with the paper walls. Paper walls are much more versatile then just Japanese architecture. As an example, I used them to make something like this in my "master bedroom":
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: I also got a chance to touch on some BTW features I've never really gotten around to. Vases for some reason I had never really touched, but there a great decorative block. And I finally made a companion cube! It mostly serves as a warning for my wolves to never get out of line. Also finally planted a bloodwood tree, finally started mass producing steel, and a lot of other stuff I hadn't touched on. It's funny, I killed all my pigs and got rid of my pig farm, only to remember that pigs are the most efficient source of tallow. And just when these mining charge features came about :(
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

Yeah I have the feeling that once the block IDs are finalized, I'm really going to have a ball with the paper walls. I'm being really sparing and only using them in non-critical functions, but they just have so much potential use.

Similarly, by the time extended block IDs come out, I expect I'll be needing to start a new village somewhere else. It's likely going to have thatch roofing using the hale bales. But that's not something I plan to do until I know it's not going to disappear.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Svartwolf

Post by Svartwolf »

just a little and quickie suggestion, can you make pine trees to turn grass blocks into dirt blocks in a similar way that the cherry trees drop leaves below them? you know, since pines tend to emit all those nasty acids they drop on the floor so only other pines can grow..

*puts nicey face here*
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Svartwolf wrote:just a little and quickie suggestion, can you make pine trees to turn grass blocks into dirt blocks in a similar way that the cherry trees drop leaves below them? you know, since pines tend to emit all those nasty acids they drop on the floor so only other pines can grow..

*puts nicey face here*
I'm pretty sure that would require base class edits, and it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd want to implement anyway, sorry.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Oh god... I didn't have a problem with fireflies... until now. Thousands of them. What a horrible night to have a curse.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ribky wrote:Oh god... I didn't have a problem with fireflies... until now. Thousands of them. What a horrible night to have a curse.
Please explain. I'm not sure what you're saying here hehe
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I do download it at each release, but I still haven't installed it yet. I'm too attached to my world, and too scared to lose it/screw it up, so I'll wait for the "official release" and the extended block ID.

I tested it on creative though, and it looks very, very good :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Battosay wrote:I tested it on creative though, and it looks very, very good :)
Thanks Batto, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hehe :3
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

I am in the same boat as Battosay, I have downloaded it but I haven't installed it. None the less I am very impressed with it, I just rather wait for a time where I will have to worry less about ID issues and updates. I really only every play BTW and your addon would be my second mod, but Mojang is at fault for me not installing yet :(
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

kaos78414 wrote:
Ribky wrote:Oh god... I didn't have a problem with fireflies... until now. Thousands of them. What a horrible night to have a curse.
Sorry 'bout that... I suppose that was a bit vague, but intentionally. I marched my happy ass into my neighborhood mushroom biome and thousands of fireflies spawned as I gradually walked through, it eventually got to the point that my comp lagged up bad. I fixed the problem on my own with the config file (turned them off, waited a bit for them all to die, proceeded). Not a big deal, I just need to turn off fireflies when going through that area, and turn it back on around the river they seem to spawn in low numbers around. As for the 'horrible night to have a curse', that was just an old Castlevania II: Simon's Quest reference for my own nostalgic enjoyment.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Ribky wrote:
kaos78414 wrote:
Sorry 'bout that... I suppose that was a bit vague, but intentionally. I marched my happy ass into my neighborhood mushroom biome and thousands of fireflies spawned as I gradually walked through, it eventually got to the point that my comp lagged up bad. I fixed the problem on my own with the config file (turned them off, waited a bit for them all to die, proceeded). Not a big deal, I just need to turn off fireflies when going through that area, and turn it back on around the river they seem to spawn in low numbers around. As for the 'horrible night to have a curse', that was just an old Castlevania II: Simon's Quest reference for my own nostalgic enjoyment.
Ah... I'll try to fix that for next release :)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Have you found out why the butterfly thing happens yet?