New Release! (BTW V3.58)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Graphite

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.58)

Post by Graphite »

Why do I get the feeling we'll be having 1.2.5 to 1.2.251 before release 1.3 with the mod API comes out...
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

What they're going to do is pre-release it (today, actually, it got posted on their blog) and then split off a copy to work on 1.3 while sitting on 1.2.5.

For those who are wondering "How can they do that?" they're switching to the same source code control system that the Linux kernel uses: Git. Git lets you tag versions of the source code and export out what you need.

My guess is that Jeb has a vMC release directory that's on the 1.2.5 version and a development directory that'll be 1.3 later on.

Ether way, I've derailed this thread by all likelyhood. Makes me wonder if FC has BTW in a private repository...
rhacer

Post by rhacer »

That's funny. The codebase for my project here at work just changed to git this week.
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

Very good update, Thanks FlowerChild!
A Drop Of Water Can Cause A Tidalwave.
Rvanbergen

Post by Rvanbergen »

FlowerChild wrote:Oh gawd, I hope so too. If a 1.2.5 comes out this week, I'm seriously going to lose my shit.

So far, I think I've devoted around 24 hours of solid work *just* to 1.2 updates. Total waste of time that hasn't moved the mod forward an inch.

<sobs>
Prepare to lose it...
Now Officially in the Third Tier! Yes! Finaly found a wolf!
-----
Experience is knowing what not to do.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Rvanbergen wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:Oh gawd, I hope so too. If a 1.2.5 comes out this week, I'm seriously going to lose my shit.

So far, I think I've devoted around 24 hours of solid work *just* to 1.2 updates. Total waste of time that hasn't moved the mod forward an inch.

<sobs>
Prepare to lose it...
Quoting something from a week ago, especially about dev timing, is generally a bad idea.
Rvanbergen

Post by Rvanbergen »

SterlingRed wrote:
Rvanbergen wrote:

<sobs>
Prepare to lose it...
Quoting something from a week ago, especially about dev timing, is generally a bad idea.
My apologies. I'm new to this forum.
Now Officially in the Third Tier! Yes! Finaly found a wolf!
-----
Experience is knowing what not to do.