Bicycle

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
magikeh

Bicycle

Post by magikeh »

Soo many people have been asking for a vehicle of some sorts (as i am about to propose) and i was hoping that Steve would be able to create a BICYCLE!!

-The wheels would have to be crafted with a gear in the center and a few wood blocks on the outside (or you could add wear to the wheels and make it possible to use wood(weak), cobblestone(avg), iron(strong) as wheels)
Example:

[][][]
[]O[]
[][][]

Where
gear=o
Type of Wheel Block= []

-Now Steve would have to make handlebars:

/ [] /
[] / []
/ / /
[]=null
/=stick

-Also Steve would have to make a set of pedals:
/ [][]
[]O b
[][] /

Where
/=Stick
O=Gear
b=Belt

-Then one must create the frame: (outta sticks or something i don't quite know how....)

/ + /
/ o /
[]L[]

Where
/= Stick
+=Wool Block (no color necessary)
L=Pedals
[]=Null

The final crafting should look something like this:

L[][]
[]F[]
O[]O

Where
L= Handle bars
O= Wheels
F=Frame

-The bike would have to have 'crash physics' (too fast + crash = breaks bike)

-The avg human runs at about 7 mph and the avg bike goes at 15 mph therefore the bike would allow Steve to travel anywhere 2 times as fast!!

EDIT: the bike would only be able to 'climb' 1 block and any other higher amount of blocks that it hits, the 'crash physics' apply!
Last edited by magikeh on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
CheGiuAn

Re: Bicycle

Post by CheGiuAn »

not a bad idea, but what about climbing heights with it? The blocky world doesn't really support the idea of wheel (unfortunately)
jumping with the bike would be quite odd >.>, however, I think it could climb a 1 block height, but that alsow would be queer.
Anyways, I'll keep thinking if I can guess a proper soulution, because an idea like this is not something to throw out easily >.>
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
JWA

Post by JWA »

I saw a bike mod but it looked horrible. Sure the idea is nice but like alot of 'car' mods, you pretty much have to make a road for it. If your willing to do that then ya it makes sense but not for the general terrain.
Glox

Post by Glox »

This would practically only speed up steves walking speed right? Well i don't think there's any need for that. Sure it might be lessen the drag it is to walk long distances, but then where does it stop? Add a wooden bike for a 2x increase, and people will ask for an iron one for a 4x increase. Add that and people will want even more. You can already see it with people suggestion iron axles or diamond saws.
And, the crafting you described is pretty huge, adding a lot of new items just to end up with 1 useable thing: the bike. I don't know how much item IDs there are left but it's probably not wise to use up a bunch of them just for 1 thing.
If i were to add something like this i'd make it a potion, craftable with already existing items, that would double steve's speed for a limited time after consumption.