Fracture's Build

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Fracture

Re: Fracture's Build

Post by Fracture »

Urian wrote:I think your trap might be broken. I think I see what you want it to do but something about the sequence for the pistons might be off.
Drat. I thought I worked out the sequencing, although for some reason it sometimes refuses to push the saw. What wound up happening when you triggered it?

Also, new version of the world up (v02, yay!). Since I discovered that what I thought was a joke, isn't, I made a little renovation to the FoS. I love not having to reset clocks every time I enter my world now... New version also has a cargo elevator and a scream machine off in the distance, I was testing crap lol.
Last edited by Fracture on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

A scream machine?! hrmm.... wolve and DB's on a clock?
Urian

Post by Urian »

Fracture wrote:
Urian wrote:I think your trap might be broken. I think I see what you want it to do but something about the sequence for the pistons might be off.
Drat. I thought I worked out the sequencing, although for some reason it sometimes refuses to push the saw. What wound up happening when you triggered it?

Also, new version of the world up. Since I discovered that what I thought was a joke, isn't, I made a little renovation to the FoS. I love not having to reset clocks every time I enter my world now... New version also has a cargo elevator and a scream machine off in the distance, I was testing crap lol.
Facing the hole in the wall (while standing in the water), the saw was to the left of the hole and therefore didn't get extended.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Urian wrote:Facing the hole in the wall (while standing in the water), the saw was to the left of the hole and therefore didn't get extended.
Did the gearbox+axles come at you menacingly? I found I had the saw issue a lot-- it refuses to go sometimes. Timing the pistons has, afaik, no effect-- it's totally random. Guess that makes it a bit better though haha, sometimes my trap is a dud :P

@diego Check it out for yourself. It's off to the west of the castle, before the windmill. Just flick the lever on/off quickly and let 'er rip.

Oh, another note on v02-- I didn't forget to bring my character to a reasonable height before saving this time, no more falling on load rofl.

Edit: @diego, I got curious and tried clock + BD + wolves. To sum it up, well... I know what to do for sound effects if I'm ever making a Minecraft rendition of a Star Wars battle.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Bump: Construction on the Portal Room is nearly complete, kinda went all out on it haha. Out of curiosity, has anyone else tried out the world? If so, comments/suggestions?
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Fracture wrote:Just a quick update, made some minor changes to the castle...
Spoiler
Show
I also made a trap that took way too damn long, built inside the hallway to the FoS. Anyone game to look for it/test it? Also, feel free to see first hand the progressing mess that is my fortress.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d9nonba36xgt3m0

Edit: Bad Fracture! Treasury. Portal. No more getting sidetracked.

Is this the current version?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Most current version is in the first spoiler of the OP.
JWA

Post by JWA »

I'll try it out tonight or tomorrow.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Thanks JWA.

New! Inspired by another thread, I decided to make a system for unloading storage minecarts This could definitely be made more efficient (and automated) but here's a video touching on the basic design of this system.

Quality is crap, using something that kinda sucks, but doesn't murder my computer like Fraps does. Also-- this should have a roof on it, and the pistons around the cart should be closed (hence why I lost a few stone there). Even at that though, it break down if the Minecart is too full, with the current configuration. For some reason, with more than 6~7 stacks of items, they explode outward through the walls. I think this could be fixed by having the block beneath and the minecart vanish at the same time, but I'm too lazy to check just now.

Try it, test it, tell me what you think and how I can make it better!

-Edit- Alright, can't seem to make video work, so I'm updating the world save, try it out for yourself if you wish, and improve on it if you wish. BTW mod required, obviously.