A philosophical question

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
magikeh

Re: A philosophical question

Post by magikeh »

well just to stop my itching here it is: the questoion was from the Ultra-Sphinx, and anweserd by Super Man!

Here Is what happened in the comic :
Spoiler
Show
Owner of the Jewels of Atomhotep

The Ultra-Sphinx is a monster that had hounded Samson and Atlas since they had "borrowed" the Jewels of Atom-hotep (radioactive crown jewels from back in the first dynasty of Atom-Hotep, 80th century BC.

Before Superman's death, it said he had completed 12 super challenges, the stuff of legend. It said Superman had created life, escaped from the underverse, overthrew the tyrant sun (Solaris), and answered the unanswerable question.

In order for Samson and Atlas to get Superman to help them fight the Ultra-Sphinx, they had to trick him. They gave Lois the stolen Jewels of Atom-hotep as a gift. Angered, the Ultra-Sphinx grabbed Lois and said "Return what was stolen and pay the price." The Ultra-Sphinx had Lois in a condition of quantum uncertainty, where she was neither alive nor dead. It then asked Superman the question, if he was to answer correctly Lois would live, if he failed to answer correctly she would die. That was his judgement.

The question was "What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object?" Superman responded "They surrender" which was accepted by the Ultra-Sphinx and Lois was allowed to live.

i threw batman in there because of a post that was posted a couple back ^^/
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

lol, nice answr, but I think it's a bit too much in the world of comics.
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

I'd guess the unstoppable force would pass through the immovable object.
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

immovable =/= unbreakable. 'nuff said.
Kwilt

Post by Kwilt »

BinoAl wrote:immovable =/= unbreakable. 'nuff said.
Ah, but how do you move the pieces of the now broken force? They're still there, just not together.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

KWilt wrote:
BinoAl wrote:immovable =/= unbreakable. 'nuff said.
Ah, but how do you move the pieces of the now broken force? They're still there, just not together.
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

SIMPLE: Save the Butterfly, spiders are dicks.
I mean come on, spiders can jump on you and even eat some birds (Tarantulahawk) and all Butterfly's can do is fly about and look pretty, so I say FUCK SPIDERS !!!
FlowerChild wrote:I've made another decision... Fuck being a plug-in.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Spiders eat mosquitoes... nuff said
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

cheechako wrote:Spiders eat mosquitoes... nuff said
It was said that there are no other living creatures there except for yourself, the spider, the plants and the Butterfly.
NO MOSQUITOES
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Yeah... but did you ever think why there were no mosquitoes? Hmm? :)
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

yah, and mosquitoes are not comeing in and going out, they just appear out of the nowhere >.>
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

Urian

Post by Urian »

Stop talking about mosquitos, you're summoning them!

I'm serious, I opened this thread and almost immediately a mosquito appeared IRL... Time to go van Helsing on that bloodsucker's ass.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FurkeyRefills

Post by FurkeyRefills »

cheechako wrote:Yeah... but did you ever think why there were no mosquitoes? Hmm? :)
Damn, Touché.
James_Past

Post by James_Past »

In a "physical sense" I would save the butterfly because it is an herbivore and could survive and potentially reproduce as for the spider I would also allow to live so that later on it might be able feast on the butterflies offspring or the same careless butterfly and if I'm lucky I can get them to co-exist allowing me to feed on the plants as well as spider off spring for good protein, Although if there was good fibrous plants within the garden I would free the butterfly to later trap both of them allowing me to control the above process.

In a "spiritual sense" I would allow the spider to eat the butterfly because the butterfly was too idiotic to avoid the web.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

How are they supposed to 'spread' if they're on their own? (no mate)

There's also a proverb: 'If the gardener shoots the rabbit, I'm with the rabbit. If the rabbit bites the cabagge, I'm with the cabagge'

James_Past

Post by James_Past »

CheGiuAn wrote:How are they supposed to 'spread' if they're on their own? (no mate)

There's also a proverb: 'If the gardener shoots the rabbit, I'm with the rabbit. If the rabbit bites the cabagge, I'm with the cabagge'
The slight chance it's already pregnant and it's mate is already dead by the time I arrived.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

James_Past wrote:The slight chance it's already pregnant and it's mate is already dead by the time I arrived.
Actually, there are many examples of critters that can retain fertilized eggs or sperm for a very long time. This is most common with various fishes and insects.