Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
STrRedWolf

Re: Morvelaira's News Compilation

Post by STrRedWolf »

destineternel wrote:Most likely has to do with the Raspberry Pi version (which is based off of the pocket edition) that is coming up.
True, and the Pi can't really run vMC and Java at the same time with some resemblance of speed (I've tried, it complains on the server part). So porting the Pocket Edition to the Pi Edition would be best.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

dr_spindizzy wrote:
xou816 wrote:This feature already exists as a mod (which was compatible with BTW back in 1.2.5): http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/125 ... tems-v152/
I personally like this feature but as many of you have said... Where are your priorities, Mojang?
As was also said, it was apparently a tiny code change, so really who cares?

The uninformed Mojang-bashing in this thread does get a bit tiresome sometimes. :-P
Wasn't "Mojang-bashing" with this info. Just informing that this feature existed as a mod :) When I said "Where are your priorities?" I meant "You should take care of more important things first" but since this is a tiny yet welcome tweak...
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Snapshot for this week is out. Here are some highlights:

- 3D Items
- Sound Effects for Fireworks
- Enchanted books fixed and now show up as trades from villagers and in chests
- New armor enchantment called Thorns (small damage to mobs when they hit you)

- Silk touch can go on shears (allows harvesting spiderwebs in survival)
- Also, apparently the Unbreaking enchantment can be applied to and function on any item with durability (armor, shears, bows, etc).

Docm77 did one of his usual videos highlighting the changes.
Padfoote

Post by Padfoote »

Another feature they added which was shown in the video posted a page back, as well as listed in the full change log for the snapshot, is the ability to drop a full stack by sneaking and hitting 'Q'.
EvanT

Post by EvanT »

I hope they will fix it so you can build a usable railway through nether portals .. does it work if one blocks any other spot but the railway?
"We are not shooting for realism,.. we are shooting for awesome!"
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

No, one missing rail is enough to stop the cart. However, the crash bug when riding a minecart through a portal has been fixed, and minecarts can be teleported through like any other entity (unless FC changed that, haven't tested). Only problem is that you can't be teleported while actually in the cart, but getting out solves that. I know that doesn't really make it a continuous line, but it's faster than switching over used to be, since you don't have to break the cart.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

Another interesting change in the latest snapshot. Apparently they reduced the effectiveness of efficiency tools on inappropriate materials. So efficiency 4 shovels no longer smash through wood like butter.

Great as far as I'm concerned, I thought it was a bit silly. Plus, it improves the value of the soulforged steel tools even more.
Panda

Post by Panda »

I found snow skies double door and present textures in the latest snapshot....
Never say no to Panda.
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

haphazardnuke wrote:No, one missing rail is enough to stop the cart. However, the crash bug when riding a minecart through a portal has been fixed, and minecarts can be teleported through like any other entity (unless FC changed that, haven't tested). Only problem is that you can't be teleported while actually in the cart, but getting out solves that. I know that doesn't really make it a continuous line, but it's faster than switching over used to be, since you don't have to break the cart.
That's hardly a bug "fix". More of a bug "avoidance". It's silly too because even Mystcraft allows people to ride carts through portals... (Atleast I think it does. I don't play it, but I watch Direwolf's vids and I seem to recall that working.)
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Mr_Hosed wrote:
haphazardnuke wrote:No, one missing rail is enough to stop the cart. However, the crash bug when riding a minecart through a portal has been fixed, and minecarts can be teleported through like any other entity (unless FC changed that, haven't tested). Only problem is that you can't be teleported while actually in the cart, but getting out solves that. I know that doesn't really make it a continuous line, but it's faster than switching over used to be, since you don't have to break the cart.
That's hardly a bug "fix". More of a bug "avoidance". It's silly too because even Mystcraft allows people to ride carts through portals... (Atleast I think it does. I don't play it, but I watch Direwolf's vids and I seem to recall that working.)
yep, mystcraft and even TC1 and 2 allowed it. I think the main problem is the silly "slow teleport" thing, link portals, void symbols and void seals all teleported instantly, allowing the momentum to be carried over, to go through a nether portal, you need to stop for a few seconds
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

http://mojang.com/2012/12/minecraft-1-4-6-pre-release/

1.4.6 is slated to be released into the wild on the 20th.
To summarize 1.4.6:

Added fireworks
Added enchantable books
A lot of enchantments have been tweaked
A Christmas surprise
Many issues have been fixed!
We intend to release 1.4.6 on Thursday, December 20!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

I think that now with the recent ban of Morvelaira this thread needs to have its name changed. Perhaps something like "General Minecraft Development News"?
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

Itamarcu wrote:I think that now with the recent ban of Morvelaira this thread needs to have its name changed. Perhaps something like "General Minecraft Development News"?
Seconded. I thought about that yesterday when this popped up.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
devak

Post by devak »

What happened to morv anyway?
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

devak wrote:What happened to morv anyway?
If it hasn't been made 'public', we don't necessarily need to know.

About the thread name change I'm not sure to agree as even though Morv isn't welcome here anymore, she has been in the past a valuable member of the community (hence why she was a turtle), through this thread for example.

But hey, who am I to judge. Let the moderators take that decision (which isn't an urgent matter IMO).

EDIT : It appears I wasn't referring to the same events. Sorry about that.
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
devak

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by devak »

It's fine.

it's just that, one day she was here, the next she was gone. I heard she was banned. never heard it referenced anywhere again. Just...vanished.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

Post by FlowerChild »

Going to close this thread down and start a new one.