Delay with upwards facing detector block.

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Dark_Tundra

Delay with upwards facing detector block.

Post by Dark_Tundra »

I seem to have found a seemingly "random" delay in upward facing detector blocks. I'm sure the delay isn't present in those facing to the side, as I have a walkway whick would be intransversable if the side facing detector blocks had such a delay.

I've noted anywhere between no noticable delay, and between 5 and 6 seconds; all tested using "Steve", thrown blocks, and placed blocks.

Is this expected behaviour? Is this going to impact on my windmill in strong winds? Is this an isolated case?

I apologise if this has already been covered, or if it affects no-one else.
sargunv
Site Admin

Re: Delay with upwards facing detector block.

Post by sargunv »

It's not isolated. I've seen it happen in videos and it happens to me. I never thought to report it though.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Yeah, I've noticed this too. It shouldn't be a problem for your windmill, though, as I don't think it breaks until it's been raining for at least a little longer than five seconds.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

No, it's not a problem with detecting rain, as Wind Mills only break connected Gear Boxes after 30 seconds in rain.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow though. 5 seconds should be the maximum time it takes it to detect rain when facing upwards (and that's normal), but that shouldn't be affecting other aspects of its operation.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Should be fixed in the latest release (2.71).

Closing thread.