Just a brief update on 1.0

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Just a brief update on 1.0

Post by FlowerChild »

Since (most of) you guys have been waiting so patiently, I just wanted to give a brief update on the 1.0 release:

I'm currently aiming (no promises) to get it out today so that everyone can enjoy it over the weekend. I've already isolated most of the mod code from the Forge and just have a few last dangling ends to take care of before I start testing out all the various aspects of the mod and make sure they're working right (which may in itself take several hours).

I apologize for the abnormal delay with this update, but ditching the Forge was a very tedious process which meant I was only working on this a couple of hours at a time before becoming rather bored with the whole thing, especially since the game has been in a broken state throughout this process, meaning I haven't even been able to play it. As always, I'm much keener on working on gameplay-related code and this kind of mundane housekeeping is just really not my thing. It's always much more fun when you can see shit blow up after writing some code ;)

Anyways, on the bright side, this will hopefully speed up future updates to new versions of Minecraft as I'll no longer have to wait on the Forge to make them happen.
Ethazeriel

Re: Just a brief update on 1.0

Post by Ethazeriel »

Awesome :)

take as long as you need to get this thing done. I would rather wait longer until this thing is stable, though anything that decreases the time the upgrade process takes is welcome.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting an upgrade to 1.0.0 so that I can delete my nether and make a BTW blaze farm. *looks in the direction of battosay*
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Awesomeness on a stick! I am very excited!

Don't burn yourself out though. :)
Devalish

Post by Devalish »

Thank you FC to tell us, it's nice to have an estimate.
If it would take longer, don't sweat it, i think we can all still
wait a bit longer if needed :)

Also, nice work with the mod.
I can't wait to see what else you can come up with for it
Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind; they are subjective.
I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Bah, take your time. Better to have a happy FC releasing a day late than an unhappy one a day early.

That and I'm wanting to sleep tonight, which won't happen if I know that BTW'll be updated sometime soon -.-
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Stormweaver wrote:Bah, take your time. Better to have a happy FC releasing a day late than an unhappy one a day early.
Agreed. Happy to help you finish that "tower" in Terraria if you need another break. <3
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Tekei

Post by Tekei »

Seriously!? I was expecting to wait another week, this is great news!
Don't burn yourself out, man. We'll be here for the next release no matter how long it takes ;)
Mrchaim

Post by Mrchaim »

My reaction would more be akin to "Wow, already? sahweet!"

Take your time FC. We can wait!
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Stormweaver wrote:Bah, take your time. Better to have a happy FC releasing a day late than an unhappy one a day early.

That and I'm wanting to sleep tonight, which won't happen if I know that BTW'll be updated sometime soon -.-
This. Well, minus the sleep part - that's not really an issue. ;) It's earlier than I was anticipating, so that's all the better if it happens tonight, but no sweat if it doesn't!
Chuffy

Post by Chuffy »

Way faster than I hoped! Cheers FC
Ruinous

Post by Ruinous »

To put my voice to the choir; Awsome! No need to rush yourself though.

As you have pointed out, us denizens of the BTW forums are generallly a patient bunch.
Nekhs

Post by Nekhs »

/lurk

What everyone else has been saying, looks like.

I've been staring at this place here off and on like an update will magically appear via magic, but I didn't expect anything for a week or two. Can't rush greatness, and unhooking your mod from Forge sounded like it'd take a huge chunk of time and effort - which it has, but I expected a new update for, like, Christmas or something, not amg nao.

I work tomorrow so I don't mind a wait. XD

/resume lurk.
Check my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/nekhs.
It's usually on sometime between 12AM-3:30AM CST.
Sorry if I don't immediately reply in chat, I'm usually too busy playing the game to notice.
Andellmere

Post by Andellmere »

Well... Damn. I was going to keep playing around and trying to get BC working all the way(1.0 seriously broke some things and TMI is playing with new features which are, to say the least, frustrating even as handy as some are) but if BTW is coming out, that means I need to start a serious world and set to work on finally going through the whole tech tree.

So... Take as much time as you need! We'll entertain ourselves somehow... Just stay happy and have some fun.

The Point: What everyone else said.
Need a combination door? I've got one you can use.
Matchstik23

Post by Matchstik23 »

So, I registered just to say this: woot! Minecraft is so not right without BTW in it. I've been lurking and following the recent events, nearly equipping myself with a voice then but finding so many others expressing my sentiments; it would have felt redundant. But I can't then let the moment pass without saying y'know ... wow, thank you!

I was originally dissuaded from trying your mod some time ago based on a video review that made everything seem like a bunch of new decorative toys. I could not have been more wrong; this mod does, however, make every *other* mod feel like just decoration or cutesy toys. Sorry, I'm rambling. I meant to say, you gave us progression. You gave us a reason to make and fill rooms. You gave us goals and meaningful accomplishments. The game and, consequently, our worlds within them remain flat and unsatisfying without BTW. Maybe it's just me. I sounded like I was speaking for many. I have cats.

P.S. God forbid you take any of my gushy admiration as rushing for the next release and ban my arse; take your time. Do what's right for you when it comes to the mod because, duh, that's why it's so wonderful already.

P.P.S. And give us a way to donate, omg! It doesn't obligate you to cater to the end user's whims; it's called a donation not a purchase or a payment for services. You deserve something more than grief for your troubles (see? you get that either way anywho!) and, to be frank, we deserve to be able to show our appreciation to you financially in much the same way we would an exceptionally good hooker. Or some other more appropriate analogy that completely proves my point and allows me to give you a lil monies for x-mas.

P.P.P.S. I really meant to stop at 'woot!'
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Ruinous wrote:To put my voice to the choir; Awsome! No need to rush yourself though.

As you have pointed out, us denizens of the BTW forums are generallly a patient bunch.
That probably has something to do with the culling of the herd as the impatient are perma-banned...
finite8

Post by finite8 »

Thanks for the update FC! Nice to know what's going on.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

To be honest I wasn't expecting this til Wednesday of Thursday at the earliest, so even an extra day or two is still early in my mind.
And, thanks for the update on the update:)
CommisarCain

Post by CommisarCain »

Gushy praise and all that. This and tale of kingdoms = The mods.

As for the tedious house keeping part, ever considered getting someone to help or do it for ya? I bet there are some people willing and capable.
Starshifterxen

Post by Starshifterxen »

<= Unbelievably excited!

Great stuff FC :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

CommisarCain wrote:ever considered getting someone to help or do it for ya? I bet there are some people willing and capable.
FYI: FC works only, no exceptions
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Matchstik23 wrote:we deserve to be able to show our appreciation to you financially in much the same way we would an exceptionally good hooker. Or some other more appropriate analogy that completely proves my point and allows me to give you a lil monies for x-mas.
Rofl! No, I like that analogy just fine. Thank you for the thoughtful message man, and welcome to the forums! :)
CommisarCain wrote: As for the tedious house keeping part, ever considered getting someone to help or do it for ya? I bet there are some people willing and capable.
Oh gods no. Working with other people's code is not my idea of a good time.

--------------------

In some additional good news, BTW is currently up and running in 1.0 on my system and everything appears to be in good order after running some quick tests.

Going to grab a bite to eat then start in on the more exhaustive testing of each individual mod feature, but so far, things are looking very good. Heck, I even just enchanted my first set of refined tools ;)
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Thanks for all the hard work man, much obliged :)
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

These are great news indeed. Now i can't understand what to do, either go to bed, or wait until the release. (it is almost 2 a.m. in mah country)
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Blueblade11

Post by Blueblade11 »

I have been holding off 1.0.0 just for the mod.

Yay!
255 Characters Limit? D:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/941586- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3117
I don't want to go back to MCF! Even if I do stupid things here 90% of the time!
Matchstik23

Post by Matchstik23 »

Larmantine wrote:These are great news indeed. Now i can't understand what to do, either go to bed, or wait until the release. (it is almost 2 a.m. in mah country)
Easy one, I got this one covered! What you do is go to bed and lay there very quietly with your eyes shut until you're just super sure that FC thinks you've been asleep then run downstairs in your jammies and dive under the x-mas tree to look for your update!!! But no, it didn't work?! That's cuz FC *knows* when you've been naughty! 2 a.m. waiting up for mind rotting video games, what would your mother say?