Unofficial Suggestions List

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
magikeh

Re: Unofficial Suggestions List

Post by magikeh »

CheGiuAn wrote:
-SNIP-

P.S.: sorry that as a new guy, I have so big mouth (at least it seems like so to me), I'd like to help somehow (I think you'll understand that helping-by-staying-quite doesn't really satisfies my hunger of speaking >.>), and also sorry for begging for pardon that much >.<
DUDE please continue to add onto this topic it is great to see that you are soo active here and all those ideas are bringing new and more innovative ideas to what the community wants like so:

Those clay jugs, when put into the furnace (and they are full of water) they could produce steam (the community really wants to go into the steam age, in my eyes at least) so in order to get the jug you need to make a turntable! ("each item builds on the next") This fits in perfectly with the way that FC likes to make his mod go. (if you want this then you need that) god that was a great idea. *hopes it will be seen o_O
Magical Shit
Show
Syruse|Work: i like magic shit
MagikEh: ...
MagikEh: >.>
MagikEh: <.<
»» MagikEh walks to the bathroom
Syruse|Work: hahaaaaaaaaa
Syruse|Work: wait
MagikEh: xD
Syruse|Work: fuck
Syruse|Work: NO
Syruse|Work: DONT
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

jamestully22 wrote:
CheGiuAn wrote:
-SNIP-

P.S.: sorry that as a new guy, I have so big mouth (at least it seems like so to me), I'd like to help somehow (I think you'll understand that helping-by-staying-quite doesn't really satisfies my hunger of speaking >.>), and also sorry for begging for pardon that much >.<
DUDE please continue to add onto this topic it is great to see that you are soo active here and all those ideas are bringing new and more innovative ideas to what the community wants like so:

Those clay jugs, when put into the furnace (and they are full of water) they could produce steam (the community really wants to go into the steam age, in my eyes at least) so in order to get the jug you need to make a turntable! ("each item builds on the next") This fits in perfectly with the way that FC likes to make his mod go. (if you want this then you need that) god that was a great idea. *hopes it will be seen o_O
A clay jug superheated to the point of steam forming would most likely explode far before reaching necessary steam output levels. No offense, but I don't really even like the idea of the turntable being used to craft things.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

It's a very good idea, problem is, it doesn't connect to steam pipes or similar transport and it doesn't actually produce usable steam.

I invite you to take a clay pot, fill it with water, boil the water and do something useful with the low-pressure, low-temperature steam. We need a high pressure boiler, which requires metallurgy, which needs bellows.

I do love the turntable for clay stuff idea, it's all just a useless if it's just going to be a way to make vases.
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Lulz, by fireing the clay jug, I meant to make it solid (you know, when you finished the claystuff on the wheel, you need to fire it in a furnace, to make it solid)
I think RuneScape is a great source of inspiration for minecraft modding :)

Well then, I know now, I'll about the new things, and also the older ones, wich doesn't have many uses yet.
I share my ideas about what might be used for something:
the weather (rain)
clay (bricks looks a bit ugly, by my opinion, but currently this & the hopper-limiting is the only use of the clay)
cactic (by now, only green dye & trap)
tree leaves (a kind of fuel maybe?) also don't forget that plants are vaporizing, so maybe a new plant? (maybe not even real, just like the creeper (wait, what? noooooooo SSSSSSSSSsssssss)) a new plat that needs many water, a vaporizes quickly, producing an upward directed motivating power, or if in small location, also pressure (just like steam power)

also, hopefully in beta 1.8 will come the docile animals (the ability of Steve to become a cowboy and breed animals >.> (or I just missread something)) (lets think about the annouced updates of the vanilla Minecraft)

hope that's enough for a while >.>

Edit: sorry again >.< forgot about the bellows already in the whirl of my mind

new idea again: even if Steve is just a virtual guy, he should be be able to get sick, or broke his leg/arm (and as far as I know, tallows are good for healing articulations (hope the dictionary didn'T betrayed me)), for example from falling from high / being near an explosion could break your arm/leg, and you'll move/work slower, and it could be healed with tallow? o.< (yet not sure about this healing thing with the tallow, but I remember something like this)
Also beiing in the rain for a long while could get steve cold, so a new plant? maybe some tea made of berries could heal it (wich you can drink from porcelain cup? sand+clay? or idk what porcelain is made of) (big sorry about changing subject from the technological development to a totally different thing)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

'If you want to teach something, you shall be the liveing example of it.'
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

I think I found a method for transporting steam power
the old trains did like so burning coal -> makeing steam -> making these idk-how-to-call wheels to move
so a boiler wich produces steam and connecting it with the stuff you want to make working with some gears like those wheels.
Clouds on the sky? rain comeing? trainwheel-like-mechanical-system on the open? BAM!! it gets rusty, those cogs not working very well. but here comes Mr. Tallows, and makes those old, rusty cogs to roll into each other more easily.

Do you guy's like it or hate it? ;)
'Who want's to do, will always find a solution. Who Doesn't want to do, will always find an excuse.'

Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

You're on the right track, but don't try to use all existing things and find a way to make em work together. It all feels a little too much square peg, round hole.

The tallow as grease for steel components though? That's a wonderful idea, though you're not the first to pick up on it so far :)
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

Gilberreke wrote:The tallow as grease for steel components though?
Are you sure?
Wiki wrote: Before switching to pure vegetable oil in 1990, the McDonald's corporation cooked its french fries in a mixture of 93% beef tallow and 7% cottonseed oil
Kinda makes you think what FC might have in store for us. :)
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
Urian

Post by Urian »

cheechako wrote:Kinda makes you think what FC might have in store for us. :)
Obviously the cauldron will become a deep fryer! We will craft fries by combining flour and glue, then frying it - just like real mickydee!

The haft is for crafting a spatula to flip our burgers.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I approve of this idea :)

Hmm, donuts and burgers, big contraptions to replace manual labor. Is FC leading us towards obesity?
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Gilberreke wrote:The tallow as grease for steel components though?
Am I misconfusing tallows with som kind of grease? (fat or whatever)
well, wax also could make things to slip easier
as an everybody knows, 'Pine Trees' are producing and covering their leaves with wax, to protect them from the cold air, and to vaporize less water (I think?)
So getting wax from cooking pine leaves in a furnace (well if it's possible with cactic?... then why not?) This would give a use to pine trees, rain (getting the iron stuff rusty), also would help to transmit steam power. The problem with these steam-power-transmitting-stuff is that (as far as I can imagine), they'd only cost iron.
Well now x.× form steam power got to my mind the Industrial Revoultion, from this, the Wild west, from the wild west, the big rainkeepers or water containers or whatever (seen on the films). And I don'T know if the salthy water of the seas could produce steam (well, the waters on the lakes are the same, but there's more water in the seas, so let's consider all salthy). So, building these Water conainers, waiting for rain, getting fresh, clear water, makeing steam? >.o (one more use for the weather)

And I didn't meant to mix too much stuff into one idea, I'm trying my best (*doing my best, as my mother said, 'Don't try it, do it')

Enough for today >,..,< I'm going to sleep.

magikeh

Post by magikeh »

CheGiuAn wrote:
A clay jug superheated to the point of steam forming would most likely explode far before reaching necessary steam output levels. No offense, but I don't really even like the idea of the turntable being used to craft things.
Lol true and also i realized that there would need to be a new GUI added to the game in order to craft the jugs from the turntable (not at all its intent)
Magical Shit
Show
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

It's all about expectations. While I imagine it's possible to create a strong enough ceramic container to boil steam in, it's a bit far fetched for a mod like BTW, which mirrors actual working designs.

That said, we need more use for bricks or clay...
AgentPaper

Post by AgentPaper »

Hm, you know, it'd be pretty slick if we could get bellows to push around items. Not very far, but if it pushed, say, all items in a 3x3 area in front of them forwards by even half a block's distance, that would help a bunch with things like automated farms, since it would let you push harvested crops into a stream without needing a ton of pistons, which simply aren't practical in many cases.

Hm, another possible use, and this is more of a longshot: When a bellows is placed facing directly at anything with storage (chest, block dispensers, furnaces, etc), then when it's activated it will push out some random item from that chest to the square beyond. Would make for an easier, but slower way to get items out of non-hopper storage blocks.
elustran

Post by elustran »

I'm sure airships have been suggested multiple times, but now that we have a bellows, I'm envisioning a pretty cool new use for them:

Build an air-bag out of fabric and tanned leather (new use for both fabric and tanned leather), and build an airship gondola out of a boat, a steam engine, and a windmill. Combine the airbag and the gondola into a placeable airship entity.

Initially, the airship does nothing, but when attached to a bellows, an airbag inflates over it, and you now have a rideable airship that you can move if you keep it fueled in a manner similar to the airplanes mod.

I think this is in spirit with BTW because it works itself into the tech tree, involving multiple stages of technological progress that need to be achieved as well as use of mechanical power in order to develop an airship as a mode of transportation. You'd need another new block - a steam engine - but I think we can see that coming in the future as a welcome addition to BTW.
Gilberreke

Post by Gilberreke »

I don't think that complex vehicle entities fit with minecraft
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

CheGiuAn wrote:And I don'T know if the salthy water of the seas could produce steam (well, the waters on the lakes are the same, but there's more water in the seas, so let's consider all salthy).
Obviously you can, the problem is that the layer of salt forms on the inner boiler walls. I know that in early steamships crawling into the boiler and manually breaking off all the salt were one of the worst jobs.
elustran

Post by elustran »

Gilberreke wrote:I don't think that complex vehicle entities fit with minecraft
We already have vehicles, and BTW has added advanced mechanical devices where there were once none. Adding in some form of advanced vehicle to add dimension to vanilla Minecraft vehicles really does seem appropriate for BTW-Minecraft, and air-travel is the missing mode of movement.

I also, for example, think a sail boat would be pretty cool to add, giving higher speed than a regular boat when travelling in a given direction, and possibly also nerfing regular boats to give further enticement to use sailboats, but that's a little less interesting and mechanical than BTW-Minecraft has become.
Guv_Bubbs

Post by Guv_Bubbs »

Title: Diamond Blade Saw
Use: Like the normal saw but used to cut stone
Recipe:
[Diamond][Diamond][Diamond]
[Gear][Belt][Gear]
[Wood][Gear][Wood]

Interface: Same as saw
Purpose: Just like in real life, people use Diamond blades to cut concrete.

Creator of the Winnitron NZ
http://winnitronnz.tumblr.com/
Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

I new GUI wouldn't be needed to have a turn table create clay pots. The saw already creates planks and such without one so the turntable will just transmogrify clay blocks into clay pots. Shouldn't be instantaneous like the saws though. Shaping clay does take some time. Next step would be to hook bellows up to a furnace so that the pots could be fired and hardened.

This goes along with the whole "you need this to do this" method within the mod. As for a use for clay pots. Storage devices. While yes there is already buckets which hold all kinds of liquids. But a bucket is meant to transport not to store, plus iron can corrode and as Steve progresses he may just start playing with different corrosive materials. If it were placeable ( that's a big if) it would give the aesthetic lovers some new toy joy.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

it could also store dust-like items like flour, gunpowder, redstone, glowstone dust, etc.
put the pot in the middle, and 8 dust-like stuff around, to get a 'pot-of-'stuff'', wich if you place into the crafting table, you'd get back the 8 things. (however loseing the pot this way is not too logical, but right clicking the pot filled with someting to a hopper could also empty it (into the hopper))(I noticed, this idea is not too much Technical(machinery)-developement-like)

Thalmane

Post by Thalmane »

Not everything has to be mechanical to be suggested. If it can fill a a void or improve upon other aspects without being overpowering then it's worth sharing.

Another use for clay pots; handgrenades. A weak one for sure. Strong enough to inflict small amounts of damage but not strong enough to destroy stone. A "throwable" explosive would be fun to play with and would be a nice toy as a reward for getting so far down the tech tree.
CheGiuAn

Post by CheGiuAn »

Has something roof-like stuff already been suggested?
The stairs are not too good, the 45 degree angles always lead to a too high roof, a 30 or 35 degree angle would be a lot better (not for stairs but for smoe kind of roofs)
(yet don't have idea how to make it fit with the cube-shape of the blocks)
-Roof tiles cood be mad of clay (one more suggested use)(for example 2x clay, one above the other in the workbench would produce 2 or 4 roof tiles (wich could had the same placement as rails, to go from horizontal to an angle))
-wheat (straw)/ tall grass / tree leaves / hemp as an other roof tipe
-also shingles could be made out of wood (for example 2x corners(eight-wooden-block) in the same way with the clay)

for me, it seems quite balanced and technically-chronologycal (straw - wood - rooftiles), only the makeing of rooftiles should be a bit harder (maybe fireing with some stuff (if will be like so) in relation with the bellows)

KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

I think if you all are so adamant about clay/bricks having a use. If we are to get a forge, use clay/bricks to fortify the outside of an oven and voila, a forge.
magikeh

Post by magikeh »

KriiEiter wrote:I think if you all are so adamant about clay/bricks having a use. If we are to get a forge, use clay/bricks to fortify the outside of an oven and voila, a forge.
sounds like a good idea but as said before the clay would eventualy break... so it could have a limit of forging... say 20 items then when it has forged those items it would break itself and drop all items within !OR! it could simply convert into a regular furnace... soo many ideas (O_o)'

EDIT: this post was also a bump!
Magical Shit
Show
CaL

Post by CaL »

Hi, new here. Haven't read the rest of the thread so I'm not sure if these have been mentioned before or not. There not really "new" ideas, just minor changes to current blocks or items.

My main thoughts are on the Block Despenser and how it can suck in things like Obsidian and other stone blocks. I think it shouldn't be able to as it bypasses the need to search for Diamonds to collect Obsidian. I was thinking it could be tweaked so it can only suck in organic material (such as Wood, Saplings etc) and crafted blocks (such as Crafting Tables, other Block Dispensers etc). It could still be used for automatic farming, flood gates etc and would make it seem a bit more realistic imo.

I also think Saws could be made to destroy plants. Such that placing it next to the 2nd high block of a Hemp or Sugar Cane plant would cause the 2nd block of the plant to be automatically knocked off into a collect system as soon as it grows. Saws damage mobs that get too close so why not plants too?