Unofficial Suggestions List

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
VonGod

Re: Unofficial Suggestions List

Post by VonGod »

Brothulhu wrote:I thought of a use for fabric while rebuilding my house on easy mode today.

Parachute.

-snip-
Yes.
I'd finish my post there, but it'd be a one word post, and that's a sad panda in waiting.

This sort of thing is something I used to think was in vMC in the beginning.
But alas it was not, and I had to resort to water, in which I couldn't get back, and was visually unappealing.

When I'm adventuring I like to feel like I'm adventuring.
Just like when I envision the rope as a lasso for catching cattle [or other mobs], while riding on a saddled pig.
Shooting my bow off a couple times mebbe.

Oh, right, the idea. Fantastic idea. c:
penguinsroar

Post by penguinsroar »

I think the windmill should be easier to make. Because its so hard, and not even any better than a water mill. If anything, its worse. Because it takes more room, it can only be used above ground, and it take a copious amount of hemp. the windmill should either be made better, or easier to craft.
maybe like this hf= hemp fibers f=fabric
hf hf hf
hf hf hf = fx2
hf hf hf
Urian

Post by Urian »

penguinsroar wrote:I think the windmill should be easier to make. Because its so hard, and not even any better than a water mill. If anything, its worse. Because it takes more room, it can only be used above ground, and it take a copious amount of hemp. the windmill should either be made better, or easier to craft.
maybe like this hf= hemp fibers f=fabric
hf hf hf
hf hf hf = fx2
hf hf hf
Flower (as well as Notch) has hinted that the nether might become more important in the future and waterwheels won't work there. It's not that much hemp anyway, if you plan ahead and start growing some hemp early on then you'll be set once you start needing it. Remember that BTW is a mod that is supposed to add to the end game content, not something you'll be entitled to get with only stone tools.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

VonGod wrote: I like how I'm noted as Von Dod. Lawl
Fixed your name in the original post.
VonGod wrote:
cheechako wrote:I just prefer a 'magic build box' rather than a bigger bench
About the crafting machine, I think that would be for use later on.
I think it makes sense to have a larger work bench for things.

Small work benches for small things, larger work benches for further adv.
And then when Steve get's techno-clever, a crafting machine.
The problem I see with the magic build box is that you still have the same amount of area for your recipes and with out new material you are bound to over lap with old tech. (extremely simple example but gets point across)
One iron + two sticks = shovel
One iron + two sticks x 'magic build box' = power shovel? (PowerShovel should include a piston,Don't steal that FC I am calling IP rights on it now.)

With the larger craft area it gives you options that were not available to you previously, like without the bench you can only make torches and the workbench, and I guess wool blocks.
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Brothulhu wrote:I thought of a use for fabric while rebuilding my house on easy mode today.

Parachute.

I hate holding shift for so long when building off of cliff faces, and sometimes I wish I could just jump off mountains instead of having to skill my way down.
Basically the recipe would go something like this:

[rope][Fabric][rope]
[fabric][fabric][fabric]
[rope][fabric][rope]

Simple (as always.) Basically it would go where your chest armor goes, and would degrade every time you land from a distance that would take damage.
I'd have to say it would need to degrade about as fast as oh... fishing poles or something, just to keep it balanced. What do you guys think?
I definitely like this idea. Plus, I'm not sure if this was posted before you were a flying turtle, but if not, props for posting it here instead of golden suggestions :)
Anyway, the biggest issue i can see with it is that it doesn't fit in to any mechanical systems or ages. Excepts for the blocks btw started with, there really hasnt been any items like this added, mostly machinery/items to go with the tech of the current age
Wolfman_123_

Post by Wolfman_123_ »

Title: Clock Box
Use: Converts basic mechanical power to be in time with that of the clock item, for use with a windmill like clock. Block will function like a Gearbox
Recipe:
[Plank][Redstone][Plank]
[Plank][Clock][Plank]
[Plank][Gear][Plank]

Interface: A gui that allows the user to select a time, at that given time a redstone signal will be outputed
Purpose: When applied with mechanical power the block will output from one side/face (like gearbox arrows face) mechanical power in time with minecraft day/night cycle (using clock logic). Also a gui could be made for this block to output a redstone signal to a noteblock etc at a user defined time.

Title: Clock Hand (Part)
Use: Used in crafting of a clock (windmill like not item)
Recipe:
[][Iron Ingot][]
[][Iron Ingot][]
[][Iron Ingot][]

Title: Clock
Use: Windmill like clock that can inform player of time, power redstone at given times (like an alarm) and be an aesthetic feature
Recipe:
[][Clock Hand][]
[][Clock Hand][]
[][Gear][Clock Hand]

Purpose: Would be windmill sized clock that would dynamically change as would the clock item, must receive mechanical power from a clock block, has hour and minute hand(in time to minecraft ticks for day/night cycle), may even feature abilities to change from night to day when supplied with certain material and likewise day to night.

Title: Engines/Generators
Use: Outputs mechanical power when supplied with coal (or other fuels)
Recipe:
[][][]
[][Furnace][]
[Axle][Gear][Axle]

Interface: a gui like a chest for placing fuels in

Title: Steam Turbine
Use: Outputs mechanical power when water is boiled
Recipe:
[][][]
[][Furnace][]
[Axle][Water Wheel][Axle]

Interface: Like that of a furnace but allows multiple buckets of water to be smelted
Purpose: Buckets of water are placed in the smelting area, this powers any axles connected to it

•Any Steam/Generator/Engine power supplies more energy which in turn makes elevators faster
•Ability for up/down and brake controls to be placed on the actual elevator
•Change of gearbox sound
•Add chainsaw like sound effect to saw
•Ability to pick up cement affected by redstone with a bucket
•Change of cement sounds
•Foul food will make a wolf instantly produce dung
•Grappling hook
•Advanced redstone repeater - gui that allows you to set delay toany amount from ticks to minutes
•Clothes made from wolf skin (maybe a tuxedo armour with slightly less protection that leather)
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

the_fodder wrote:
cheechako wrote:I just prefer a 'magic build box' rather than a bigger bench
The problem I see with the magic build box is that you still have the same amount of area for your recipes and with out new material you are bound to over lap with old tech. (extremely simple example but gets point across)
I think the_fodder changed it to 'magic build box'.

Yes, it is magic. What isn't? You're telling me a BD is some simple low-tech (real-world) device and not magic? Care to explain the internals of a BD, especially the part that sucks in a wolf and converts it to a companion cube? It is all magic.

Why is the crafting machine limited to the 3x3 grid? I described it as being needed to build more complex things, so that could mean a larger grid too. But if it can also be used to craft 3x3 things or even 2x2, that might be worth considering as well. And note that I never said it should craft everything and anything.

FC could have given us a hand-saw or even just a recipe for molding and whatnot, Instead, we have the saw block. My idea of a crafting machine fits the same philosophy - build upon the mechanical infrastructure, and even require it over Steve's bare hands.

To me, the workbench is magic. And a bigger workbench doesn't seem like much of an advancement at all. Let's see, I want to build a widget. I could grab some more wood for another bench next to the first, or I could have to build gears and axles and waterwheels and so on to get there.

Steve is advancing. I see nothing wrong with him advancing towards a machine that can churn out rope or whatever. That still fits the theme and isn't some too-futuristic device. To say it is too magical for him to create a machine that builds a turbine (or whatever), but it is OK to just pound one out simply because he has a larger workbench doesn't make sense to me.

p.s. 3x3 grid: Actually, this is meaningless. You use the same grid to create a sheet of paper that you use to create a huge windmill. We're really implying complexity based on the recipe and the infrastructure required. I'm not against 4x4 or whatever, but again - that alone is not enough IMHO.
Last edited by cheechako on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
penguinsroar

Post by penguinsroar »

he should add candy! just a suggestion. like you would grind up sugercane in the millstone, and cook the result in a cauldron!
presl

Post by presl »

Hey guys, what about something like a magnet!

Powered by axels (and no, it's no generator!!) turn it on or off and with a lever you can switch between plus (+) --> means the magnet attract iron things
and minus (-) --> means the magnet push off iron things

useful for:

*speed up/break minecarts or push them back return the rail...
*slide the minecart on the upside of the magnet, turn it on and shoot it in the air...
--> until now I haven't got MC 1.7xx so I don't know if the piston can push minecarts in the air...
if not here is the solution ;)
*If we take it, that gravel contain a small amount of iron, just enouth to react with the magnet you can build traps or something
*If you could place a block of iron on the elevator you can use the magnet as a mechanism to stop the elevator at a intermediate storey. Just turn it on (the axels) and the elevator will stop, hopefully ;)
* use the magnet as a lock, implent iron in the elevator gate (I hope you know what I mean) and before you can lift it you have to turn off the magnet with a secret button/lever.

lg presl
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

penguinsroar wrote:he should add candy! just a suggestion. like you would grind up sugercane in the millstone, and cook the result in a cauldron!
Donuts and candy... we can call it "Better Than Diabetes"! :)
"That's the nice thing about mods. There's something for everyone. Some of us like to build functional elevators, while others want to run around with a bunny on their head."
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

cheechako wrote: I think the_fodder changed it to 'magic build box'.
yeah, I am just busting your chops because it amuses me.

I guess I am not getting the idea behind your buildbox. Does it automate the build process like in buildcraft turning out completed items or are you talking we create simple 3x3 items and combine them into larger items like with water wheel / windmill but only the magic fairies can put them together?

I think the 4x4 would let us build more complex parts that that Steve could then build into the advanced items. maybe the "magic box" would be the 4th level of build tech. (hand/bench/advanced bench/magic)

And yes everything is run by fairies. redstone= fairy blood. blockdispenser= fairies with shrinkrays.
penguinsroar wrote: he should add candy! just a suggestion. like you would grind up sugercane in the millstone, and cook the result in a cauldron!
What would be the purpose of this? make you dig faster because you are all hyper?
It's FC mod, he just lets us play it.
cheechako

Post by cheechako »

the_fodder wrote:
cheechako wrote: I think the_fodder changed it to 'magic build box'.
yeah, I am just busting your chops because it amuses me.

I guess I am not getting the idea behind your buildbox. Does it automate the build process like in buildcraft turning out completed items or are you talking we create simple 3x3 items and combine them into larger items like with water wheel / windmill but only the magic fairies can put them together?
Well, teasing me about it is OK. I thought maybe you were just saying, "It is magic, so it doesn't belong," which is why I pointed out that nearly everything is magic.

It could automate or it could be a one shot - it is a suggestion and not a fully fleshed-out concept. Once again, I am focusing on the need for infrastructure to create complex things. However, I still think automation is part of what BTW aims for, and I don't think it is unreasonable to think if Steve can build it (rope, molding, windmill, whatever), an advancement in tech would allow him to create a magical mechanical device to do that.
the_fodder

Post by the_fodder »

presl wrote:Hey guys, what about something like a magnet!
Spoiler
Show