Energy Future

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
GabLann4

Energy Future

Post by GabLann4 »

yeah...

I know FlowerChild doesn't want new energy sources, but if the tech tree keeps on evolving, we may need new ones, but the problem is that after a while, we may need electric energy, so these are my suggestions:

-Better energy sources, such as electric wind mills, ore other electric energy sources that are more realistic and complicated( ;D ) than Industrial Craft(because we don't want to copy them);

-Keep on old style energy sources, forget about modern electric energy sources.

This post is actually not a idea, but i wanna know your plans and suggest other things, because this mod is always growing, and getting modern and modern things aren't powered by wooden wind/water mills

Ps: i think we should'n get that modern...
If u don't like my post, I'm sorry...
I'm trying to e optimist.
walker_boh_65

Re: Energy Future

Post by walker_boh_65 »

GabLann4 wrote:Ps: i think we should'n get that modern...
as long as there is a logical progress, and the end goal is hard to get to, I dont care if little Steve goes to moon.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

GabLann4 wrote:but i wanna know your plans
And this is why this thread will fail. FC doesn't even like people hinting at questions about planned content, let alone asking -.-

And as for the topic, have you ever stopped and thought: "Maybe FC has spent some time thinking about the mod? If he has, then any suggestions I make about the very basis of it's continuation are pointless!"

...no, obviously you havn't.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

Stormweaver wrote:
GabLann4 wrote:but i wanna know your plans
And this is why this thread will fail. FC doesn't even like people hinting at questions about planned content, let alone asking -.-

And as for the topic, have you ever stopped and thought: "Maybe FC has spent some time thinking about the mod? If he has, then any suggestions I make about the very basis of it's continuation are pointless!"

...no, obviously you havn't.
I know that... I'm not making him post anything, this is like a"hey what are your plans to the future"
not a big deal, but the energy of the wooden age is something that in the future of the tech tree should be replaced, such as humans did.
GabLann4

Post by GabLann4 »

I haven't posted any new energy sources that we "must" have, i wanna know the plans for the later energy's, such as now, we don't need wind or water mills to be at the steel age, but we needed that to get there
Runesmith

Post by Runesmith »

The way I see it is, with current applicability of mechanical power sources between the Nether and Overworld, things are balanced.

The windmill is relatively easy to get, can be used in both Overworld and the Nether, but in the Overworld it has the potential to break down in storms (deserts avert this).

The waterwheel is harder to get, is easy to reliably implement anywhere in Overworld, but it can't be used in the Nether.

Even when at the top of the tech tree, both are still usable as they each have their functional niches.

The only way I see a new energy source being implemented is if it doesn't compromise the others by making them obsolete.

The only way I see this happening is if the a new dimension or biome somehow has mechanics that make both the Windmill and Waterwheel inviable, such as being subject to perpetual lightning storms AND water being unable to be placed or flow continuously (such as by freezing over time).

With this said, I don't think the addition of a new energy source won't ever happen, it just needs the right stimulus. The End dimension hasn't been fully fleshed out. We'll have to just wait and see, but I wouldn't hold by breath.
"First immortality... then the bitches."
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

GabLann4 wrote: I know that... I'm not making him post anything, this is like a"hey what are your plans to the future"
My plans for the future are to hit the little check-box at the bottom of my screen that reads "lock thread". I find if I set small goals for myself, I feel constantly fulfilled.