BDs and leaves (possible minor bug)

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Urian

BDs and leaves (possible minor bug)

Post by Urian »

Not certain if it's a bug (probably due to the change to leaf blocks in 1.7) or an update that I couldn't find the notes of but a block dispenser that sucks in a a leaf block will instead end up with a sapling. Pretty minor bug but I guess it could affect some BD-based tree farms.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: BDs and leaves (possible minor bug)

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Not certain if it's a bug (probably due to the change to leaf blocks in 1.7) or an update that I couldn't find the notes of but a block dispenser that sucks in a a leaf block will instead end up with a sapling. Pretty minor bug but I guess it could affect some BD-based tree farms.
Ah yes, I thought of that while going over the change-list for 1.7 but forgot about it in the midst of correcting all the piston-related issues. Since leaves are now collectible blocks (due to the sheers), the BD should be capable of sucking them in and dispensing them in block form.

Will change.

God damn 1.7 man. I'm beginning to get frustrated with correcting the problems it has introduced instead of working on new features.

Not your guys fault at all, as I appreciate the bug reports. Just a frustrating situation :)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fixed for next version. Thread closed.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Oh. Could we debate this one ? It was a good thing to have sappling collected this way, IMO.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:Oh. Could we debate this one ? It was a good thing to have sappling collected this way, IMO.
Damn, sure man, debate away :)
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Battosay wrote:Oh. Could we debate this one ? It was a good thing to have sappling collected this way, IMO.
Problem is, some people like to have hedges/mazes of leaves, in which case BD's sucking up the leaf block might be better.

I don't know the complexity level, but maybe leaf blocks not connected to a log (those that would decay, otherwise) give sapling while connected ones give leaf blocks? That way tree-farmers could gather saplings simply by having their log BDs suck up before their leaf BDs, while people who use leaves for stuff (as they would need to ensure connection to prevent decay anyway) could remove/replace leaf blocks at will?

And yeah, I see what you mean about 1.7 FC. I expect, m'afraid, 1.8 will be an even bigger pain in the ass for you.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote: And yeah, I see what you mean about 1.7 FC. I expect, m'afraid, 1.8 will be an even bigger pain in the ass for you.
Without a doubt, but I'm not too worried as I suspect it will take Mojang a moth or two to get it out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, going with the BD swallowing leaf-blocks whole. Sorry guys, it's just too inconsistent with other behavior otherwise.