Bug: Platforms

Post any bugs that you find *in the mod* here. This place is NOT for posting installation errors or bugs with vanilla Minecraft, or add-on mods.
Fracture

Bug: Platforms

Post by Fracture »

Not sure if it's been stated or not, but there's a bug when platforms transition from moving to stationary. For a moment, they become non-solid. This doesn't really affect items, as when the block appears around them they'll simply pop up again, but players will fall down through them without a second layer. Also I can walk through my castle gate if timed right.
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.
Battosay

Re: Bug: Platforms

Post by Battosay »

Yep, already reported, thx though.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wait, he doesn't seem to be saying this happens when pistons are involved though (which is the bug that was reported).

I've also not seen this behavior myself (again, unless pistons are involved).

Are you saying this is a general issue you are having at all times with the Platforms where you fall through them?

The castle-gate thing is known however.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Yes, with any time I can interact with a platform as it goes from moving to stationary, I can pass through them. Be that falling through elevators or walking through (modular) walls.

Like I say, I never have an issue with items, as they just pop right back up, but poor Steve doesn't. It doesn't happen every time, but many a time I've gone crashing to the bottom of my world as my cargo elevator arrives at the surface.

On that note-- it may also have something to do with how large my platform is (takes a bit long to update?) as it's a sort of framework around the 5x5x5 limit, with a full floor and open ceiling, along with a 2-platform center column to raise the anchor up the center of said 5^3 box.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Hm. I did it a bit more testing, and I think it does depend on lag. Smaller platforms drop me significantly less often, and I can't seem to make it happen at all with a 2x1x1 elevator, while I almost never stay on top if I nearly fill the 5x5x5 box with platforms.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ok, I'll take a look at this. Keep in mind that going through walls made of platforms, and falling through platforms are two distinct issues though. Obviously the priority one is falling through.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote:Ok, I'll take a look at this. Keep in mind that going through walls made of platforms, and falling through platforms are two distinct issues though. Obviously the priority one is falling through.
I figured they'd be pretty much the same thing, since in both cases it's a matter of slipping through where, for a moment, there isn't a block where you expect one to be. I don't really know much about the code used though, so I'll just take your word for it xD Thanks for looking into it FC.

Though I actually find it somewhat entertaining, that random chance that I might just plunge into my own personal abyss on my way out.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

...one additional question.

What method are you using to stop the elevator at the top? Is it just colliding with the Pulley or what?

From what I can surmise, this is only happening to you when you're reaching the top right? Not when the elevator is moving downwards?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

Currently, yes, it just stops when the anchor reaches the pulley, I haven't tried any intermittent stops yet. I'll do a few other things to stop my elevator and get back to you, see if this still occurs if I stop at the same height, but move my pulley upwards.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wait a second...you mention items popping on top of the platforms when they stop. That shouldn't be happening anymore.

What version of the mod are you using and on what version of Minecraft?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote:Wait a second...you mention items popping on top of the platforms when they stop. That shouldn't be happening anymore.

What version of the mod are you using and on what version of Minecraft?
I haven't checked that since updating, actually, but I'm using 1.7.2 and (if you updated since the first release, idk) the first release for it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Fracture wrote: I haven't checked that since updating, actually, but I'm using 1.7.2 and (if you updated since the first release, idk) the first release for it.
Then are you actually seeing items pop on top of platforms or was that just an assumption based on experience with previous versions?
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

FlowerChild wrote:Then are you actually seeing items pop on top of platforms or was that just an assumption based on experience with previous versions?
Just an assumption. I'll go check that now, since I'm back at home. Falling through is experience since update, however.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I think I should have that aspect fixed now (falling through). No way to test for certain on my system, as it never was happening for me to begin with (I think you were right about it being performance related). Let me know if it's still happening after I put out the next release.

Anyways, I fixed the thing with passing through walls of platforms too (which I was able to test).

And with that...that's enough bug fixing for one day. Don't bother checking the items. If it was just an assumption, that aspect is not happening anymore.

Thread closed.