[ON BREAK] Super BTW Community Server (24/7 SBTW Server!)

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
EpicAaron

[ON BREAK] Super BTW Community Server (24/7 SBTW Server!)

Post by EpicAaron »

Hello :P

EDIT: Server offline for the time being! Thank you everybody for playing, it was a blast!

I am proud to present a new season of the BTW Community Server, this time running my new addon, Super BTW!

You are welcome to play however you like on this server, so long as you do not grief, bully, or PVP other players without permission.

I am allowing players to TELEPORT on this server, with some restrictions. You can only teleport to another consenting player once a day (24 hours!!!), and only when somebody with admin powers is actually available to do it. If you want a teleport, ping A^2 on the server discord and he or another admin will get back to you whenever they have time. Until I program a custom teleport plugin, this is the best I can offer.

Required Installs:
You will need to install an addon called Super Better Than Wolves to play on this server
You can find download links and information here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10183

Community Discord:
If you would like to engage with the community, join us here:
https://discord.gg/dvQsYChsTv

The server IP is in the Discord. ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE IT!

Strike the earth!
Last edited by EpicAaron on Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
EpicAaron

Re: Super BTW Community Server (24/7 SBTW Server!)

Post by EpicAaron »

The world is two weeks old now, and player activity has been slow and steady. Just the way I like it, personally! Folks have established a few settlements around the map, and Sockthing has even managed to settle down at spawn and make some arrangements.

Sock's base has a load of ovens and hampers for public use. I haven't been there myself, but it looks like a safe and warm shelter for noobs.

I have been working with Imsai many leagues away. We have some hemp in the ground, a walled encampment, and a wonderful dirt shack to call home.

Spoiler
Show
PlasmaFox

Post by PlasmaFox »

I love the screenshots! Haven't had much time to play but hopefully will soon. Unfortunately I am somewhere far from spawn, which means my next mission is to find you guys. See you soon :)
Don't turn your back on a wolf.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

PlasmaFox wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:39 am I love the screenshots! Haven't had much time to play but hopefully will soon. Unfortunately I am somewhere far from spawn, which means my next mission is to find you guys. See you soon :)
It is a shame that Australia is literally the opposite side of the planet. Ping makes BTW considerably harder, and I tend to just avoid conflict as much as possible to avoid lag combat. There is no shame in combat logging in such situations. As Starscream once said, "Cowards do survive."

Tonight I expanded the old dirt cabin with a shed off the back. It is a low room with plenty of space for storing tools, and it provides a place for the new crafting table.

Getting fed up with walking all the way to the old stump is a sign that our productive capabilities are growing. Indeed, the hemp farm is mature enough to become really productive. Mechanical power will soon be ours.

Our row of storage bins and shelves is appealing. I have to say, building a house is a nice change of pace from a hole in the ground, and expanding the structure upward and outward is so much easier.

Meanwhile, an immense structure grows beyond the encampment.

Spoiler
Show
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

A lot of BTW has been played in the last month of so. Team lfg/lvg worked hard and survived to see wondrous new technological heights.

I specifically wanted to share my new packer. It is my slickest device yet. I call the overhead shovel design "the meatslicer." It cuts through packed earth like a deli slicer for cold cuts at the supermarket.
Spoiler
Show
Take note of the chutes.

This is my favorite multiplayer innovation yet. Players running errands can quickly drop off harvested goods for processing without having to climb down to the machines themselves. Don't fall in.
Spoiler
Show
EpicAaron

Re: [ON BREAK] Super BTW Community Server (24/7 SBTW Server!)

Post by EpicAaron »

I want to post a note here letting prospective players know that the SBTW Community Server is ON BREAK for the time being. The folks in the Discord are already planning the next server, however, so feel free to join in and give some input. Another SBTW server event will occur whenever I finish my next update. :P

This server was a blast. Tons of people enjoyed the game for the first time! It didn't end up being a Dragon World (trading sucks), but we FARMED like never before. I haven't seen a population survive on pork chops and chowder this efficiently before. GOOD JOB HARD WORKERS!

Shout outs to Locke for busting his own balls like a madman. He set up a trading village and lost the priest to an outbreak. He built a mapping room around the nether portal and it burnt down TWICE. He walked his ass down a thousand cobblestone blocks to get from Spawn to another continent over and over again. Alas, BTW thwarted every plan fr.

Trading really took the wind out of our sails though. There has to be a better way to do that.
Spoiler
Show
PlasmaFox

Post by PlasmaFox »

I've had loads of fun on your previous server and I'm curious about SBTW development. Any new cheeky additions? Feel free to make a devlog, I'd be down to discuss balance/features.
Don't turn your back on a wolf.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

PlasmaFox wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:59 am I've had loads of fun on your previous server and I'm curious about SBTW development. Any new cheeky additions? Feel free to make a devlog, I'd be down to discuss balance/features.
Sure. A lot of stuff has been simmering behind the scenes. I'll make a post sometime soon.

Regarding a new server, we plan to start a CE 1.4.1 server with a massive modpack sometime soon. Our original goal of New Years was too ambitious.
Spoiler
Show
ehsanmp

Post by ehsanmp »

Jumped on the forums on a nostalgia trip. @EpicAaron, have you been online this whole 10 years?
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

ehsanmp wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:52 am Jumped on the forums on a nostalgia trip. @EpicAaron, have you been online this whole 10 years?
Yo what's up Ehsan. Haven't heard your name in a long time. If I remember correctly, you had that awesome desert base on Leviathan?

It has ramped up honestly in the last few years. I have dedicated a significant portion of my life at this point to playing and thinking about Better Than Wolves.

Aradanwen, Andre, Battosay.. quite a few old faces have been popping up lately... perhaps this next server will be fucking stacked?
Spoiler
Show