Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow [v0.3] [BTW V2.0.1]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
Tsughoggr

Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow [v0.3] [BTW V2.0.1]

Post by Tsughoggr »

Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow
Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow mod adds a gloryhole block for the automated production of glass and a blowing rod workable item to create glass based recipes.

Downloads Compatibilty and Design
The mod has been ported to the fabric API and should be compatible with other fabric loader mods.
Spoiler
Show
The design of the mod is such that it is possible to create the gloryhole block, and thus the glass bottle blowing recipe, after entering the nether. Extracting glass blocks using the cheaper 1sand:1glass recipe will still require post end mechanics such as a block dispenser or silk touch. It is possible however difficult to extract glass panes via combining this with a sawblade as the mod changes the recipe of glass panes to be glass blocks on a saw.
Recipes
Spoiler
Show
Gloryhole
Placing sand blocks on top of the gloryhole and fire or stoked fire underneath will cause it to convert the sand blocks into glass. Mechanical power supplied to the back will cause it to output the glass to the block below.

Blowpipe
Using the blowpipe on (the lower half of ) a gloryhole which is holding liquid glass will cause it to become a workable blowpipe.

Blowpipe Recipes
Crafting the blowpipe with three sand piles will set it to a workable state, with the result of a bottle.
Developer Reference
Spoiler
Show
Below is code which adds a blowpipe recipe. The resulting workable blowpipe item has a NBT tag called "Blowing" with subtags "result" (an itemstack) and "time" (an integer).
The itemdamage maximum is 4000 and increments of 4000/time are subtracted instead of 1 like other workable items in order to allow variable timeframes for working.

Code: Select all

import btw.community.tsughoggr.TSGGloryHoleRecipes;
<...>
TSGGloryHoleRecipes.addBlowpipeRecipe(ItemStack result, int time, Object[] recipe);
Where time is blowing ticks and the recipe object is the same as the one passed in to crafting manager.
ChangeLog
Spoiler
Show
V 0.2
Updated to CE V1.3.7, removing the override for the Glass Block class.
Synced the init with my other mods to remove load-order issues.
V 0.3
Updated to CE V2.0.1, removed dummy code and custom init in favor of fabric loader.
Last edited by Tsughoggr on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EpicAaron

Re: Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow [v0.1] [BTW V1.3.5]

Post by EpicAaron »

Truly the greatest name a mod has ever had.

I am excited for the potential that pre-crucible bottles have with other addons. That is a hurdle I had not yet thought up my own solution to.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
IssaMe

Re: Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow [v0.1] [BTW V1.3.5]

Post by IssaMe »

Love the name :P
EpicAaron

Re: Tsughoggr's Gloryholes and Blow [v0.3] [BTW V2.0.1]

Post by EpicAaron »

Finally had the chance to play with this seriously.

I love automated glass! I want to build a brick wall filled with gloryholes. Brick oven pizza but its glass.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show