Forum Game Called Godhood!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
walker_boh_65

Re: Forum Game Called Godhood!

Post by walker_boh_65 »

(This relies on the fact that a turn is equivalent to one year)
I have my cloud men search from the sky for one of the four statues that Bino has placed thought the land. After many many moons of searching, causing my cloud men to grow impatient and in turn, causing the weather to be much more volatile then before with them creating a cone of wind and one of rain. Many more moons had passed, so many in fact i had lost count, before we sighted a single statue, far to the south on a large peninsula which i dubbed Intercluduntur. With this one time power to create what i desire, I will create a large island, off of the cost of Intercluduntur, on which is a mountain which reaches almost as high as the clouds. At the very highest point of the mountain Caelum, I place a single temple. The Fidonians seem to have a saying that an image is worth a thousand woofs
Spoiler
Show

-1 ACT for CREATION of TORNADO and HURRICANE
-1 ACT for CREATION of TEMPLE
-1 STATUE POWER
(hope you dont mind, Bino, that I used one of your statues
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Finally! Finished Fido's picture after spending a LOT longer on it than I should have. Take a look;
Spoiler
Show
I'm pleased with how it finally turned out, but I had the hardest time trying to decide whether to use a jackal-head or a beagle head like joetalbot asked. Finally picked the beagle and I'm glad it didn't wind up looking like Snoopy =]

Walker_Boh's character is up next, but I'll work on that tomorrow. My wrists are crampin' up right now!
Last edited by Triskelli on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Really nice work Triskelli, you made it better then i thought it could.
Triskelli wrote: Walker_Boh's character is up next, but I'll work on that tomorrow. My wrists are crampin' up right now!
The suspense might kill me, but i am really waiting for when you draw yourself.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

walker_boh_65 wrote:...I am really waiting for when you draw yourself.
Ask, and ye shall recieve!
Spoiler
Show

Ehh, so Chouette didn't come out quite as well... But I'm still really happy at how quick I was able to turn this one around =D
Last edited by Triskelli on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Again, really amazing work. I had a thought, these should be posted in the OP next to our names and powers, just so it is easier to have a face for each god. With Triskelli's approval of course, could Bino or joetalbot add them to the OP?
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

That's perfectly fine with me, but we might wanna cut it down to just the heads in the first post, so it doesn't take up quite as much room. Plus, I think the faces are distinctive enough in their own right =p
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Triskelli wrote:That's perfectly fine with me, but we might wanna cut it down to just the heads in the first post, so it doesn't take up quite as much room. Plus, I think the faces are distinctive enough in their own right =p
we could just use spoilers, but im sure cropping the head wouldnt be too much trouble
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Heheh, spoilers work too. =]

Once again, I'll leave the rest of the drawings for tomorrow. Still haven't heard from Noodlerex, and I'm not entirely sure how he should look.
joetalbot1

Post by joetalbot1 »

Ok, guys. I might not be able to update in the next few weeks. It may be shorter, it may be longer. I do not know.
Bucket list:
Visit Antarctica. check
Nearly cause a flame war over MLP. check
Cost Flowerchild some sanity. check
Say,"I've seen everything, now to die." why would I?
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

What?! Why?

Do you think you could hand over the reins to someone else while you're away? Things had just gotten interesting!
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

joetalbot1 wrote:Ok, guys. I might not be able to update in the next few weeks. It may be shorter, it may be longer. I do not know.
I'll gladly handle things here, if you'd like. The fidonian's main god going in to a deep slumber could have some interesting effects... plus, there may be quite a bit of worship when you return (more acts ;))
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Found my statue rather quickly, didn't you? You put it to good use. I have not heard from Fido or Noodle as of late. I worry for the Fidonian's: If their god has left the mortal plain, what will become of their faith? Every god has their favored races: Me and my StoneMen, Triskel and his Choumen, and Walker with his WeatherMen... As powerful as the Fidonians have become as of late, should we fear them when they have no god to appeal to? No reason to be peaceful and kind... 'Tis a dangerous thing.
Last edited by BinoAl on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

Alrighty, next picture in the series! Here is Walker brewing up a thunderstorm for next Tuesday;
Spoiler
Show
As far as the new management goes BinoAl, I think we should space out the rounds to about 1-2 days each. That way we can give people who aren't as responsive a chance to catch up.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Triskelli wrote: As far as the new management goes BinoAl, I think we should space out the rounds to about 1-2 days each. That way we can give people who aren't as responsive a chance to catch up.
I figured they'd just go until everyone used/saved all their acts. Also, i like it >:D
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

From beyond the fourth wall, we could just add a bit more to the story each round, instead of each of us posting once, say we add on to the story and have it thicken, giving every one more time to take their turn
BinoAl wrote:I have not heard from Fido or Noodle as of late..
I can not say i have heard nor seen Noodle since my vines were put to better use, although my Weather Men have caught his sound from the wind. As for Fido, i worry for I have not heard a word from him in a very long time, and with the chaos that is going on in the mortal world, with his own people, his absents is felt even more. I hope this is not the case, but perhaps Fido has been taken by another god. I dare not suggest that any of you have done it, but perhaps in another realm. Fido was rambling about their being other gods and other realms for them to inhabit, perhaps we should have taken that much more seriously, instead of the drunken talk we put it off as. If he is gone for much longer, I fear we will have to leave this world to survive on its own and go out in search of our dear friend.
From beyond the forth wall again: if we get a second game going this would be perfect, and it also satisfies the fact that we are supposed to go to the mortal plane soon. What do you guys think of it?
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

((That sounds like a good idea. It's the flavor that makes this game fun!))

The braggart! Fido may be in a stupor in a field somewhere, for all we know. I'm sure he'll turn up eventually.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

I am still here my brothers I am simply drifting through the wind viewing this realm we have created.
FlowerChild wrote: Never trust a bronie.
Triskelli

Post by Triskelli »

((Yo Noodle! Can you take a look at your pm inbox? I sent you a message))
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

This is such wonderful news brother! We had feared the worse for we have not seen any of you powers displayed recently, but I am glad that you are in one piece. Have you, in your travels through the world, run into Brother Fido, it seems no one can locate him, but since you are in one piece, I'm sure that nothing could have happen to him...
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Unfortunately I have not, Brother Walker. I do Fear that he may have gone to ponder the universe at large and may indeed not be back for several millennia. If this is the case then all we can do is hope and wait, watching our creation bloom into something even greater.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

walker_boh_65 wrote:We had feared the worse for we have not seen any of you powers displayed recently
He was implying you gotta take your turn so we can start another round ;p
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

((oops Sorry was trying to pump out a quick response i guess ill save my acts for now))
Saving my acts.
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

((also to anyone who's interested i just found a fully played out version of the same game heres the link)) *EDIT* Heres the actual play link
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Noodlerex wrote:((oops Sorry was trying to pump out a quick response i guess ill save my acts for now))
Saving my acts.
Are you even a god anymore?!?! you must show those vine men who has the power. I jest, but i feel that something powful will be coming from you soon Brother Noodle
Noodlerex

Post by Noodlerex »

Indeed it shall I simply bide my power and wait for the perfect time to unleash my true creation. I will see you in time Brother Walker.